Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was a kid, I read a lot and had a habit of going to school dressing as -- and overall pretending to be -- different characters from whatever book I was reading at that moment if I related to them somehow. As an adult I definitely don't do it to the extent I did then, but it still helps me with self confidence to remember characters I relate to and think about what they might do in different situations I feel lost in. I'm curious if this is an ISFP thing, Enneagram 4 thing, or both....maybe neither o_o

·
Registered
15,046 Posts
I've definitely pretended to be fictional characters that I've deeply related to in media that I consumed as a kid and young teenager. I've rarely dressed as them, but I've felt more comfortable in public places acting as though they were my identity, if that makes sense.

I can relate that I still tend to imagine what the characters I connect with most would do in certain situations, and it helps me feel better about the situations I make, sort of more "secure" in a way (wondered if it connects to my enneagram 6 but I also feel like it's sort of stupid). I don't pretend like I'm the characters anymore though.

I'm not sure how much it is typology-related, especially as a child (my three siblings did it as well and they're all over the board in terms of MBTI and enneagram).

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I have done this several times with books and tv shows when I was younger.

If the characters had drama, I felt like it was my personal drama too. I looked at it as a way I was bringing the story "to life". It was a way to feel a wide range of emotions without physically going through it... although it did feel quite real & lifelike though

I'm ISFP & 4 if it helps

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sure, I did copy a character's outfit every once a while, and more in a subtle way.
I had fun dressing up, and sometimes it was to dress better to fit in at school.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts