Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed this with several NFs. They tend to use swear words often. Not that it matters, they just do more than other types, I think. Anyone else notice this?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
From my experience, the NTs do it more :p
Muhahaha!
By swearing, I mean euphemisms like "F-bomb" or the like (except for one, who has no qualms about using the actual words), or the milder ones like the other word for poop (it feels so vulgar typing it, I don't know why!). But since the people around me hardly swear in the first place, I'll count those >:D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Haha I enjoy swearing in a playful, joking manner lol and I know nf's who don't swear a lot or as much as other types or as much as I do depending who though.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I cuss all the time, I am a carpenter and we say anything and everything all day long, sometimes it's hard to turn off. Also im not offended by anything and I want all the words in my vocabulary to be available to me at all times, im sorry but sometimes Fuck is the exact word your looking for, you know what the fuck I mean?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha, I wasn't saying it was a bad thing, just something I noticed. Words are just words, were all big boys and girls. I've noticed several INFPs who swear often.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Wasn't saying it was bad :p Just stating it can be beneficial.Actually all the INFP's I know and are aware of don't curse period!Is odd.Because to me a word is a word.Just matters the context.They disagree though.

·
Banned
14,145 Posts
I tend to never swear unless you're a friend or I'm online here. even with friends, I don't swear THAT much. It typically is more or less to accentuate the emotional tone for point making or story telling. I've seen plenty of NT's use this tactic in communication.

Reactions: justjay and Laeona

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 sp
5,326 Posts
I think it's really more of a cultural thing

though in theory I can imagine a feeler might tend more toward exaggeration and being dramatic which could lead to using more swear words.

But then again some people just use them as commas, essentially, and hardly even think about it so although the idea is that swear words are meant to add intensity, they often don't really have any purpose.

It's also my impression (although that doesn't mean a whole lot) that it's more often Thinkers who feel comfortable cussing while if someone happens to be sensitive to it, it seems they are more likely to be a feeler - partly I think this is because it seems that generally Ts are more comfortable expressing anger or distaste over other emotions, while Feelers seem to be more likely to avoid conflict and thus may hold back on swearing if they think others wouldn't like it.

Also in my experience people seem to react more strongly to swearing from 'feely' people, but brush it off or don't notice it as much from people who have a more hard/stoic/controlled kind of aura about them.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Fuck this shit...

·
Registered
INFJ 6w5, 1w2, 2w1 Sx/Sp
10,488 Posts
If I swear it means I've lost control over myself and I'd rather not lose control. I think it depends on the person.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I swear more than the average person, which is a habit that I picked up from my father, whom I would say is an ST. Sometimes it is unnecessary, like using "fucking" as an adjective. The word "shit" makes an adequate substitute for any noun, yet it is especially useful when speaking of children.

Anyway, I do not see a correlation between MBI type and the amount somebody swears. If you are around people who swear a lot, chances are you will start doing it too.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I swear more than the average person, which is a habit that I picked up from my father, whom I would say is an ST. Sometimes it is unnecessary, like using "fucking" as an adjective. The word "shit" makes an adequate substitute for any noun, yet it is especially useful when speaking of children.

Anyway, I do not see a correlation between MBI type and the amount somebody swears. If you are around people who swear a lot, chances are you will start doing it too.
It seems like your dad replaced noun names with swear words.... Signifying it wasn't performing objectively for the purpose or goal that object has.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
209 Posts
I don't swear at all o_O

I know a lot of NTs and SJs who do though.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Haha, what an interesting rumor you're starting. Any of the NF's I've known have only used cursing to drive a point home. Maybe it's that NF's use it so infrequently, that when they do, everyone sits up and takes notice.

Alright, alright, except for all the ENFP's out there. They are making up for the rest of us :p

1 - 20 of 172 Posts