Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Banned
INFP 6w5
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's always been this way for me. I grew up watching Lord of the Rings with my dad and I think in some ways it's formulated a big part of who I am today. Tolkien himself was a Traditional Catholic and I believe the themes in the Peter Jackson movie had made a big impression on me.

I've always felt this disconnection from my current culture and a strong longing to embody the culture of my ancestors. I live in Australia and it's known for its alcoholism and casual sex culture. Yet I've always wanted to be chaste to some degree and find a worthy fair maiden to accompany me to Heaven. Till death do us part. I'm a freakin weirdo for wanting a healthy union with someone I care for. I'm also still a virgin by choice and have been doing semen retention for some time now.

I've also been obsessed with embodying a noble and virtuous ideal informed by a Perennial and Ancestral idea of a virtuous man. It's one of the reasons why I have such a connection with the statue of David by Michaelangelo. It feels like a big part of my life is built on the cultivation of a noble and pure heart, mind, body and soul. It's one of the reasons why I can't stay away from Christianity, because its virtue ethics is built on overcoming your base desires and being remade into the Imago Dei (the image of God). Yet nowadays, I feel like it's really easy to call yourself a Christian but do nothing Christlike. Jesus is a warrior as well as a Shepard of the people, yet when I go to Church I see guys who are a lot more Shepard than warrior. Again, this also disconnects me from them.

I'm also mostly Eastern European and I even went through a phase in my teen years where I became obsessed with Serbian culture and wanted to become an Honourary Slav myself. I didn't know back then that I had a lot of Eastern European in me. Perhaps I unconsciously longed for it in my blood?

Ultimately, I feel like this Fi + Si has given me this longing to bring back some kind of Traditional values into my life and embody it everyday. I know this probably isn't common for most other INFPs but I thought I'd share my experience of this and see if anyone else relates.

·
Banned
INFP 6w5
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Serbs are awesome, good choice!

Indeed. A big part of me also being drawn to the Serbs was that I was Greek Orthodox back then and the Serbs were heavily inspired by the Byzantines.

Nowadays, I'm more drawn to central/Western European cultures such as France and Germany. I find the old Chivalric traditions to be heavily inspiring to me.

·
Premium Member
45,413 Posts

Reactions: Griffinheart

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Beautiful! What's the song about?
The old wives around here have hatched an evil plot.
Yes, those long-haired, idle crones are scheming against me:

they’re going to make sure
I’ll never ever find the kind of man I want.

So they threw this ragged fellow at me,
dumped a real down-at-the-heels bum on me.

Oh me and oh my, a no-account good-for-nothing.

He’s weak, this fellow they got me,
weak, and a wild drinker besides.

He’s useless, unpredictable, and has a bad temper.
Oh me and oh my, what a no-account, feeble fellow.
Värttinä - Texter till Käppee + översättning till engelska

·
Banned
INFP 6w5
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I really love to read books from different times, and cultures! I find it so fascinating to read how much they were like us, and what set us appart, and often it makes me feel so connected to nature, and because of my tight economy I cant travvel much, but I can still travvel with the help of books. I think there is something wrong with living the way I do today, it feels unatural, toxic and superficial in so many ways...pollution, silicone, plastic, climate changes, etc. Etc. Etc. Etc. I wish I could live closer to my family, that I had a garden with lots if plants, adopt pets, that I could still be in a band and play music, have a tribal parties, grow and pick my own food, make my own clothes, sail in my own boat often, smell the sand and sea, swim, hike in the mountains, play in the forrest, make things like bow and arrows, knives or cups just for fun out of tree, etc.
God darn I feel you. Things used to be way simpler and significantly more in line with the natural order compared to now. Where men were naturally strong and hardened and women were naturally sweet and nurturing. Nowadays, everything's all confused.

Luckily I grew up in a rural city with lots of nature but sometimes I wish I grew up Amish or something. The best we can really do now is eat as close to our ancestors as possible; grassfed meat, organs, wild caught fish, organic fruits and certain vegetables. Plus knowing your heritage can help you determine what foods you should more likely eat.

·
Banned
INFP 6w5
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The old wives around here have hatched an evil plot.
Yes, those long-haired, idle crones are scheming against me:

they’re going to make sure
I’ll never ever find the kind of man I want.

So they threw this ragged fellow at me,
dumped a real down-at-the-heels bum on me.

Oh me and oh my, a no-account good-for-nothing.

He’s weak, this fellow they got me,
weak, and a wild drinker besides.

He’s useless, unpredictable, and has a bad temper.
Oh me and oh my, what a no-account, feeble fellow.
Värttinä - Texter till Käppee + översättning till engelska
Depressing.

·
Premium Member
45,413 Posts
God darn I feel you. Things used to be way simpler and significantly more in line with the natural order compared to now. Where men were naturally strong and hardened and women were naturally sweet and nurturing. Nowadays, everything's all confused.

Luckily I grew up in a rural city with lots of nature but sometimes I wish I grew up Amish or something. The best we can really do now is eat as close to our ancestors as possible; grassfed meat, organs, wild caught fish, organic fruits and certain vegetables. Plus knowing your heritage can help you determine what foods you should more likely eat.
Well, females here were strong and nurturing, lol. I like it better then that. Being too sweet can really lead females into discrimination and we risk ending up like doormats 🥺
Totally agree foodvice 😃
But when it comes to the heritage thing, idk if you've read the blood type diet, that was a really interesting book, but unfotunetly I read that it wasn't considered credible by scientists 😬😕

·
Banned
INFP 6w5
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, females here were strong and nurturing, lol. I like it better then that. Being too sweet can really lead females into discrimination and we risk ending up like doormats 🥺
Totally agree foodvice 😃
But when it comes to the heritage thing, idk if you've read the blood type diet, that was a really interesting book, but unfotunetly I read that it wasn't considered credible by scientists 😬😕
Hell, everyone was way stronger back then. However, it was very clear what men and women's roles and duties were. Men provided, women nurtured because it was in line with their natural inclinations. Not all the time, but having that standard allowed strong sons and daughters to be raised.

I'm not familiar with the blood type diet. I'm mostly sourcing my knowledge from Dr Weston A Price who observed how indigenous tribes sourced and ate their food. Of course, the majority of allopathic doctors and scientists take massive shits on Price and his work but their entire operation is a big scam. Oh, you have high cholesterol? Take statins! Oh, you have depression now? Take anti-depressants! Etc. etc. It's all to make a profit in the end.

·
Premium Member
45,413 Posts
Hell, everyone was way stronger back then. However, it was very clear what men and women's roles and duties were. Men provided, women nurtured because it was in line with their natural inclinations. Not all the time, but having that standard allowed strong sons and daughters to be raised.

I'm not familiar with the blood type diet. I'm mostly sourcing my knowledge from Dr Weston A Price who observed how indigenous tribes sourced and ate their food. Of course, the majority of allopathic doctors and scientists take massive shits on Price and his work but their entire operation is a big scam. Oh, you have high cholesterol? Take statins! Oh, you have depression now? Take anti-depressants! Etc. etc. It's all to make a profit in the end.
I have never heard about that guy before.
They should go back to the root cause and treat them instead of just the symptoms, and thing more wholistic.

·
Host
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ VLFE
20,953 Posts
It's always been this way for me. I grew up watching Lord of the Rings with my dad and I think in some ways it's formulated a big part of who I am today. Tolkien himself was a Traditional Catholic and I believe the themes in the Peter Jackson movie had made a big impression on me.

I've always felt this disconnection from my current culture and a strong longing to embody the culture of my ancestors. I live in Australia and it's known for its alcoholism and casual sex culture. Yet I've always wanted to be chaste to some degree and find a worthy fair maiden to accompany me to Heaven. Till death do us part. I'm a freakin weirdo for wanting a healthy union with someone I care for. I'm also still a virgin by choice and have been doing semen retention for some time now.

I've also been obsessed with embodying a noble and virtuous ideal informed by a Perennial and Ancestral idea of a virtuous man. It's one of the reasons why I have such a connection with the statue of David by Michaelangelo. It feels like a big part of my life is built on the cultivation of a noble and pure heart, mind, body and soul. It's one of the reasons why I can't stay away from Christianity, because its virtue ethics is built on overcoming your base desires and being remade into the Imago Dei (the image of God). Yet nowadays, I feel like it's really easy to call yourself a Christian but do nothing Christlike. Jesus is a warrior as well as a Shepard of the people, yet when I go to Church I see guys who are a lot more Shepard than warrior. Again, this also disconnects me from them.

I'm also mostly Eastern European and I even went through a phase in my teen years where I became obsessed with Serbian culture and wanted to become an Honourary Slav myself. I didn't know back then that I had a lot of Eastern European in me. Perhaps I unconsciously longed for it in my blood?

Ultimately, I feel like this Fi + Si has given me this longing to bring back some kind of Traditional values into my life and embody it everyday. I know this probably isn't common for most other INFPs but I thought I'd share my experience of this and see if anyone else relates.
Okay, Don Quixote. ;)

·
Registered
ESFJ - 9w1
203 Posts
It’s easier to fantasize the past, so I guess I do feel more connected to (past) cultures that I can deform at will to fit my mindset.

·
Registered
11,963 Posts
Perhaps infp's do romanticize the past, but if one mbti type isn't suited for the past, it's us.

To be honest... i think things are going way too far nowadays, but i'd rather have today than like even a century ago by a lot.

·
Premium Member
45,413 Posts
I would miss the washing machine, the dryer, toothpaste, water-filter, the internet and the stove/oven I think. Fires inside are very cozy but very dangerous for the lungs and besides they start a wild-fire if the watchers fall a sleep. I would also miss clean tampons and menstruation pads come to think of it.

We could skip the raids, however.

Reactions: Lady of Redstones

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
I’m not into the past, at all, as I have no use for it. I can’t stand History classes. My husband loves it though and it’s cute. He is a master with dates.

·
Registered
11,963 Posts
I would miss the washing machine, the dryer, toothpaste, water-filter, the internet and the stove/oven I think. Fires inside are very cozy but very dangerous for the lungs and besides they start a wild-fire if the watchers fall a sleep. I would also miss clean tampons and menstruation pads come to think of it.

But I wish I could go back to living like in the past for at least a month, to be able to try it!! Imagen sitting at a wooden table in a long wiking dress, drinking mjød from a long horn while eating goat cheese, porrige, flat-bread and boiled nettles, or riding over the icebred on horses...or making horseshoes, beautiful swords with rune-signs, helmets, hats, cloths 🤩😍🥰
We could skip the raids, however.
oh man the vikings is the only culture i would be interested in returning to

Hyperadvanced and hyperprogressive with a much better religion than the religion today, and raids would be fun, even for infp's!!!

I always wanted to be an infp viking!!

FOR ODIN!!!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts