Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a very happy person! But, man, when my face is relaxed (like when I'm walking or in a bus or something) people literally approach me to ask me if I'm OK because I just look so sad. Meanwhile, I'm thinking about happy cartoons or something, and everyone assumes I'm absolutely morose.

I figure it must be an introverted feeling micro-expression thing, except I'm not even actively having feelings. Curious if anyone else has this?

·
Registered
35 Posts
i USUALLY LOOK LIKE THAT TOO. Mainly when I am thinking. btw, also ISFP here. It could be an Fi thing. It happens when I am generally relaxed and all of a sudden people are swarming me with questions asking if I am alright or not.... I tell them fine and say something really weird to get them to leave me alone... love people.... freaks me out though when that stuff happens.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I've gotten, "Why are you always so sad?" from one classmate, and within the same month or so, another had asked me why I was always smiling or laughing. My sister says I have a resting bitch face, so I guess my resting face is in the eye of the beholder.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Yesssss, or I have the resting angry face but definitely the resting sad face. People have asked me why do I look like I hate the world. People have also claimed I always look high or tired.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'm a very happy person! But, man, when my face is relaxed (like when I'm walking or in a bus or something) people literally approach me to ask me if I'm OK because I just look so sad. Meanwhile, I'm thinking about happy cartoons or something, and everyone assumes I'm absolutely morose.

I figure it must be an introverted feeling micro-expression thing, except I'm not even actively having feelings. Curious if anyone else has this?
Yesssss! I have resting "Bi+ch" face. I look so stuck up if I'm not smiling, but I'm literally thinking things like "oh wow, I like this song a lot" or "it's a nice day today". Ppl will think I don't like them or I'm mad at them, when I'm not even thinking about them at all. I'm just content.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
740 Posts
i've always heard it's an introvert thing. pretty much ALL the introverts i know do this, regardless of type. my infp mom does it too. she often comments to me about how i look like i'm in a good mood because i look like i'm smiling, and i could be in a downright sour mood at the time, and i'm like, no mom, this is just my face. xD she gets jealous because she didn't realize that she just has regular resting introvert face. there's nothing wrong with her at all. people just need to stop assuming they can read emotions as well as they think they can. 'smiling' and 'frowning' aren't the only expressions that are easily misread. :/ <---am i smiling or frowning? happy or sad? haha, you can't tell.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
At least one or two people told me that I have a resting sad face. I guess they are right but when I am walking especially towards acquaintances I am going to greet or in a conversation I have a very broad smile and wonder if it even annoyes people :p

·
Registered
ISTP 5w6
3,186 Posts
People tell me I look intimidating when I'm thinking or w/e.
Its completely emotionless. But yeah.. I'm not INFP so it doesn't really count as an answer, does it :tongue:

·
Registered
902 Posts
I have a rbf! Lol

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have warface like uciha itachi but it doesn't come from scratch and more like natural exhausted. world never rest, even in our dream

·
Premium Member
15,292 Posts
No to resting bitch face/sad face.

I don't think I have it in me to be sad/bitchy, for an extended period of time.

My guess is... just because I can't see my face at all times... I have a "concentration" face. When I'm concentrating on something (internet, books, TV show, movie) I do weird things with my face like: stick my lower lip out, squint my eyes, move my lips over to one side (think Church Lady from SNL), wrinkle my forehead up, purse/pucker my lips in or out. You can see "thinking" on my face. lololol... can't help it. I forget what my face is doing until I look in the rear-view mirror and see myself doing something hideous.

When I was working, people would say "...Why are you always happy? Do you drink or take drugs?" and the secretaries that worked with me said I was "nice", "good to work with", "I wish everyone in the world was like you." Seriously. They thought I was a "nice high/drunk person". Great!

I am so not the brooding, emo, sad, melancholy, dark, moody type.

What I do see myself as, is -- completely lacking charisma, very quiet, not able to come up with the quick/sharp "comeback" ( I think of my retorts 5 miles down the road) and mostly minding my own business. I am warm and enthusiastic..... but not right way. You need to know me for a decade or two, before my true colors shine though. ;-)

“Introverted feeling types have a wealth of warmth and enthusiasm, but they may not show it until they know someone well. They wear their warm side inside, like a fur-lined coat.”
― Isabel Briggs Myers, Gifts Differing: Understanding Personality Type

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
Yes. Ever since I could remember. I call it a melancholic face.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
I know it's kind of different but I guess you can cluster it this way. The other day I was singing a gentle song intently and out loud and I got interrupted by my colleague who asked a work-related question and she was like, "Oh my god Meg, what happebed to you are you OK?" My eyes were practically teary and it was sparkling behind my lids until it fell. Told her to my defense the tears were just as involuntary as it gets, it's just like that when I feel a certain song, nothing personal. And she hardly believed that I can do that. Same way with a default melancholic or bitch face, if we get to the bottom it's because us INFPs are the one of the most obvious when in trance or when thinking deeply, it gets very transparent in our facial expression when we allow, or not mind people to see it.

Sent from my SM-E700H using Tapatalk

Reactions: Fennel

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
I have a resting bitch face. People have commented that I looked sad or angry as a kid.
Now I've learned to smile at people so much it's become a reflex. It is so fake that I want to change it now.
Twenty years ago, when you look melancholic people think you have a problem. Now it's more "normal" and even trendy to be a little "emo" or just plain emotional. You can even wear a black shirt or jacket on a hot day. I don't particularly like black though.

Really, my appearance doesn't make a good representation of my feelings. If you want to know how I am, just ask.
So is the melancholic face an INFP thing, and the bitch face for INFJs? haha :exterminate:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Oh my god, I thought it's just me. People always tell me, that I look depressed even if everything is alright and I'm happy.

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
People often tell me I have a "vacant" expression or that I look like "a deer caught in headlights."
:blushed:
Maybe a Ni-dom thing.

Reactions: Yami no Yume
1 - 20 of 49 Posts