Discussion Starter #1
heres a short list of my "psychic" abilities:
telepathy
soul reading
aura seeing
mind control
energy/chi healing
seeing into other peoples minds/worlds
(theres probably more, but thats all in my mind now.)

i pretty much half understand these things, so it'd be pointless to jump into assumptions before my conclusions are final, so i wont explain you how i do this stuff. but ill say one thing: its all about superego. superego is the key ingredient to this stuff. you know how pretty much every isfp is into supernatural stuff(although they almost always try to rationalize it, but dont we all, lol?), and if im an intp, intp's superego is isfp, so it would then make sense that thats why superego is the key to it for me.

i also think our uncosncious desires tell us a lot about our yet to be discovered abilities. like before i had any experience of this stuff, i fantasized about haviing a telepathic connection with a super wise 5w4 female dragon. (from eragon, saphira)

its funny really, that we pretty much can do everything we desire. no matter how impossible it might seem. since after all, imagination is part of reality, and reality is just another refelction of imagination. its an impossible question, which came first, the mind or the reality? obviously, one must have created the another, but theres no way to prove either case since both of them are clearly capable of creating a very elaborate illusion of that side being right. think about dreams. there are rules. example: you get bitten by a zombie, the dream ends, because you cant survive that. who decides these rules? our subconsious beliefs. doesnt this mean, that its highly likely reality too is just a product of subconsious beliefs, in a dream state? maybe this is the most ridiculous part about cognition, because our superego and ego's beliefs about reality are directly in opposition with each other, yet both seem so convicncing, provided that _you_ understand those beliefs in full extense.

maybe the paradoxical truth is, that truth doesnt exist at all. only illusions do.

your turn.

Reactions: theorycraft

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,577 Posts
Once someone claimed to read my aura through the interweb, so l made a different user account and she gave me a different aura color.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
telepathy
soul reading
aura seeing
mind control
energy/chi healing

i pretty much half understand these things, so it'd be pointless to jump into assumptions before my conclusions are final, so i wont explain you how i do this stuff. but ill say one thing: its all about superego. superego is the key ingredient to this stuff. you know how pretty much every isfp is into supernatural stuff(although they almost always try to rationalize it, but dont we all, lol?), and if im an intp, intp's superego is isfp, so it would then make sense that thats why superego is the key to it for me.

i also think our uncosncious desires tell us a lot about our yet to be discovered abilities. like before i had any experience of this stuff, i fantasized about haviing a telepathic connection with a super wise 5w4 female dragon. (from eragon, saphira)

its funny really, that we pretty much can do everything we desire. no matter how impossible it might seem. since after all, imagination is part of reality, and reality is just another refelction of imagination. its an impossible question, which came first, the mind or the reality? obviously, one must have created the another, but theres no way to prove either case since both of them are clearly capable of creating a very elaborate illusion of that side being right. think about dreams. there are rules. example: you get bitten by a zombie, the dream ends, because you cant survive that. who decides these rules? our subconsious beliefs. doesnt this mean, that its highly likely reality too is just a product of subconsious beliefs, in a dream state? maybe this is the most ridiculous part about cognition, because our superego and ego's beliefs about reality are directly in opposition with each other, yet both seem so convicncing, provided that _you_ understand those beliefs in full extense.

maybe the paradoxical truth is, that truth doesnt exist at all. only illusions do.

your turn.
My dreams have no rules actually, so I guess my subconscious belief is that I can survive anything. I've never had a dream where I didn't survive. I can control my dreams so that whatever I want happens. I can even rewind my dreams so that the outcome is awesome. Since when are you an INTP anyways? I thought you were an ENFJ...? That's a pretty big change in MBTI type. But anyways, it's perfectly possible that everything we think is true is an illusion. But there does have to be some form of truth. You can't have an illusion if you don't exist outside of that, which means you yourself are a truth.

Reactions: Strelok

·
Registered
165 Posts
I've always wanted telepathic and telekinetic powers. Mostly because I'm lazy and would prefer not to lift a finger if I don't have to. Doing housework with my mind would be so much easier. At some earlier point I thought I had minor psychic powers, but then found that it was really more about my abilities in predictive reasoning.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Once someone claimed to read my aura through the interweb, so l made a different user account and she gave me a different aura color.
A: aura = emotional state
B: emotions change
C: less unconscious cues = more unconscious guesses, which equals mistakes.
D: all kind of information processing _INEVITABLY_ makes mistakes, no matter how good you are at it. even einstein has made mistakes.

Can't read your post. What's wrong with capital letters and 4 sentence paragraphs?
huh? i find my methods perfectly suitable.

My dreams have no rules actually, so I guess my subconscious belief is that I can survive anything. I've never had a dream where I didn't survive. I can control my dreams so that whatever I want happens. I can even rewind my dreams so that the outcome is awesome. Since when are you an INTP anyways? I thought you were an ENFJ...? That's a pretty big change in MBTI type. But anyways, it's perfectly possible that everything we think is true is an illusion. But there does have to be some form of truth. You can't have an illusion if you don't exist outside of that, which means you yourself are a truth.
i have little rules either. i occasionally just broswe what content there is in my subconsiousness to build from. you cant build dreams without content.

its just that im on enneagram scale at the lowest possible health level, so there are major errors in my thinking. but on my current knowledge, i relate most with intp's, based on eery similarities in thinking styles ive observed them having, which i too have.

apart from infj's, intps are the only people who answer to my more "intellectual" threads, which i occasionally want, as nice change to the more brainless stuff.

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,577 Posts
D: all kind of information processing _INEVITABLY_ makes mistakes, no matter how good you are at it. even einstein has made mistakes.

i have little rules either. i occasionally just broswe what content there is in my subconsiousness to build from. you cant build dreams without content.

its just that im on enneagram scale at the lowest possible health level, so there are major errors in my thinking. but on my current knowledge, i relate most with intp's, based on eery similarities in thinking styles ive observed them having, which i too have.

apart from infj's, intps are the only people who answer to my more "intellectual" threads, which i occasionally want, as nice change to the more brainless stuff.
:p just ruffling your feathers a bit. l shan't question the authenticity of your mystical powers.

Although she did claim to be quite the expert, and this all happened within the span of about 15 minutes.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts

Considering your belief in psychic powers, it may be more likely that you are an INFJ. That's pretty rare for INTPs because they typically doubt themselves to the point where they could no longer believe it, and sounds more like something stemming from the Ni-Fe mix. You'd also still share Fe and Ti with the INTP which may be why you relate.

True. Dream content is portrayed in symbols that you should be able to understand personally if you are paying attention.

·
Banned
1,798 Posts
I have the ability to consume Macdo number 4 with large coke and pass out in front of my computer with PerC logged in. Also I have intuitive aptitude and I use it to navigate towards my macdo number 4 without being seen by any human eyes. I'm also a level 69 wizard and I have the ability to sense others emotional needs but do nothing about them. I can also see what you look like behind your computer for a brief second after you post and apparently a lot of you have bad hygiene and do not like to wear pants. And finally I reflect sunlight which is the cause of my pale complexion. I could never be a plant even if I tried my hardest.

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,577 Posts
Considering your belief in psychic powers, it may be more likely that you are an INFJ. That's pretty rare for INTPs because they typically doubt themselves to the point where they could no longer believe it, and sounds more like something stemming from the Ni-Fe mix. You'd also still share Fe and Ti with the INTP which may be why you relate.

True. Dream content is portrayed in symbols that you should be able to understand personally if you are paying attention.
Although it's tempting, l don't necessarily exclude NT's from interest or belief in such things, l would say the Fe is often mistaken for a psychic ability though so you do see this more with INFJ.

l make a distinction between what l'd call unhealthy or biased interest.

l'm not sure why a person would even want to believe that they could exercise mind control, so to me that sounds more like an unhealthy interest motivated by something too personal.

l am more inclined to consider what someone is saying if their ''powers'' aren't directly advantageous to them. And even then, l still consider that they may be insane but l operate on a case-by-case basis .

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Although it's tempting, l don't necessarily exclude NT's from interest or belief in such things, l would say the Fe is often mistaken for a psychic ability though so you do see this more with INFJ.

l make a distinction between what l'd call unhealthy or biased interest.

l'm not sure why a person would even want believe that they could exercise mind control, so to me that sounds more like an unhealthy interest motivated by something too personal.

l am more inclined to consider what someone is saying if their ''powers'' aren't directly advantageous to them. And even then, l still consider that they may be insane but l operate on a case-by-case basis .
Neither do I. I've been interested in these types of things for a long time. The difference I see is the inability to logically convince myself of the fact, although I'm sure it's possible that some INTPs have done that.

Reactions: LadyO.W.BernieBro

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,577 Posts
l guess l've ruined my chances of being recruited into Pod 'Lairr as a Super Nintendo High Priestess :blushed:

Reactions: marckos

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

you would be wrong if you assumed i didnt doubt. i always occasionally have these inspirational moments when i start to understand all this unconscious crap.. until.. until i find a flaw in my thinking, and its such a big deal to me, that i put off all this stuff completely.. just because i made a mistake. theres nothing that shocks me more than realizing i was wrong at something i believed in.

youd also have to remember, that depending whether youre an id, superego or ego ennea has a huge impact on what functions you prefer. this makes huge distinctions between types. as different function preference makes you prefer different kind of information processing. i suspect im an e7, because i have this habit of jumping to assumptions before ive even processed it through, and now that im learning to trust my superego, im actually gaining an ability to realize when im mumbling nonsencial internal monologues or when my thoughts simply arent leading to anywhere.

this tendency of impatience is clearly visible in my posts preceding this recent change in strategy. that i used to be in a completely uncontrollable mania, creating numerous, so numerous theads that it accounts almost 20% of all my posts.. LOLS.. cause i was so impatient for answers, that i had always a new question before i found an answer to the previous one.. <.< (i guess its an annoying flaw of potentially e7, but i enjoy this new ability to criticize myself for a change, instead of thinking out of control.)
@OMG WTF BRO

im as passive as one could get, the only situation i use my powers negatively is to defend myself.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've always wanted telepathic and telekinetic powers. Mostly because I'm lazy and would prefer not to lift a finger if I don't have to. Doing housework with my mind would be so much easier. At some earlier point I thought I had minor psychic powers, but then found that it was really more about my abilities in predictive reasoning.
this unconscious desire implies, that you want your life to be more efficient. im sure you can figure out how to achieve this in a way that makes it feel like you posessed a superpower no one else did. ive already achieved this myself, and i feel like no one else is as efficient and skillful at everything as i. laziness pays. =)

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
telepathy
soul reading
aura seeing
mind control
energy/chi healing

your turn.
I've had premonitions, prophetic dreams and dreams that revealed information I didn't know. Also very weird synchronicities.

It's almost impossible to prove, and can't call them up at will

1 - 20 of 88 Posts