Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
MOTM January 2013
10,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else part of the triad of the primary numbers, 3, 6, 9 or has anything to say about this type set up. I hear of a lot of conflicting information about being part of this group, some of which states these numbers actually work in harmony with each other but the confusion I find lies within the levels of integration so I actually disintegrate and integrate in all 3 types. Others have stated that this group also has many conflicts of the identity. I don't know if that fits for me strictly although I do change my persona a lot but always remain loyal to my values. I take on a lot of the negative traits of the 9's when in lower health, I would say my ideal is that of a 3 but want to go about it in the style of a 9 - not arrogant, humble, conflict-free but I question all the pitfalls and risks associated. It has taken me ages to sit within this triad somewhat comfortably because I find it quite confusing like I said about integration levels. Also, these being the most frequently(apparantly) typed numbers, I find that weird that I am in this combo. Please share...

E-SymNinelabeled.gif

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Well I am a 6-9-3. I am not completely sold that I am a 6, rather than a 9 with some trust issues etc. I do see how the 6 and the 9 can work well for harmony. A 9's peaceful nature could be subside some of the anxiety of the 6. The number that throws me off is the 3.
I am hardly an expert at enneagram though.

·
MOTM January 2013
10,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Same as me. Funny that because I doubt my 6 core a lot aswell. I sometimes think, well I could actually be a 9 core too, 9 resonates so well with me on a fundamental level and if I analyse my past, I was like a typical 9 but now through progression, I feel I sort of have more courage in expressing my punchy attitude(not bullytype aggression) where I take no shit off others however I think thats more of my 8 wing coming into play but the underlying aggression has always been there like a rusty set of explosives, tug them at the wrong time and BOOM! In an act of disrespect towards me, the 8 wing comes out. Im just don't think I am completely core 9, im not that avoidant as some people I know are but I more often that not, run away or 'switch off' when witnessing conflict, I don't want to be part of it. @corgiflatmate - What wing is your 9? I recently read that because 9's are in the anger triad and although they want peace, they aggressively defend it causing disarray in their concious life (in the style of whatever wing they have). Also to add that some 6's when unhealthy can take on some of the less healthy 9 traits and can look like a phobic 6(I wander if this is more likely in our case with the 9 gut though I doubt it makes that much difference when having a counterphobic moment - ramble!), I disintegrate more to 9 than 3 but I have know myself falling into unhealthy 3 traits during stress - being concerned with how I come accross to others, trying to contain emotions even more to maintain dignity, repressing them in front of others or sometimes being too expressive of them during lack of self control.
The 3 is an interesting one, its always been there aswell, from an early age, it has been drummed into my head to become successful otherwise you are a failure. But its a weak point or at least the one I am the most unfulfilled in - I am far from success due to my 9 gut, just too afraid of dealing with certain people on the road to success, all the obstacles scare me but I am learning not to be too idealistic in my career choices, I actually still want to be a successful public artist, lol and still think its actually possible. I want the nice life and a job that isn't run of the mill(w4). The narcissism thing gets me aswell especially having a 9 gut fix, it makes no sense to be arrogant and outwardly self obsessed. At the moment, im seeing 6 as sometimes working independently from 9 and 3 or at least have trouble seeing how 6 fits comfortably within my tritype in relation to my other types. Arrgh, yeah its confusing. Sorry to ramble about my stuff but yeah I can definitely relate to you there. It may come to you after some more introspecting, you just have to look so deep into your own self and other times, the answers are right there. I hope you manage to find some more sort of clarity with your tritype.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I believe I have a 4 rather than a 3 in my tritype, but I definitely relate to the state of growth/stress in this triad.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Well looking at your signature, the only difference is my 9 wing. I have settled on 9w1 for me, even though I relate to all of the gut types very well. The 3w4 is the only constant in enneagram tests I take, and it's affected me in a similar fashion as your 3. I have always needed to be recognized for my musical talent, but being a social climber is just so out of the cards for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts