Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
3,426 Posts
I'm always tempted to buy pretty journals, but I don't because I would probably never use them and wouldn't want them to go to waste. When I was younger I attempted several times to keep a journal, but never really got into the habit of writing in one. Like you said, I would want to put something more special than my day to day life in one.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yes! I love blank journals! Or just plain blank notebooks... I'll keep them for years just switching between them all, but I don't think I've filled any up yet. Some are for random writings and others are for music and dreams. Some are written only in pencil and others in pen. I have one pretty purple journal though that I've had for 7 years that I'm half way through, and trying to do things worthwhile to write in it.

Reactions: MissNobody

·
Registered
32 Posts
YES! Ack I had what I thought was some "deep" realization the other day about how all the blank journals I have are a manifestations of my lack of true identity and fear of expressing or making "concrete" how far my actual life is from my "ideal" life. (not that far actually, I'm just, really hard on myself? I guess?)
I dont bother "ruining" new pretty journals with the ridiculous things I end up journaling... sigh... but they have the potential to hold masterpieces. Of documenting amazing lives... sigh.
I'd say I own upwards of 10. Only about 3-4 have some writing in there, usually a couple pages.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
i don't collect them but i do love the symbolism of a black page, i can stare at one admiring it for quite a while!

Reactions: Darkestblue

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have like eight journals I never have even touched.

I definitely have this problem :happy:

·
Registered
58 Posts
You've just about taken the words out of my mouth. I have a million of those, plus calligraphy pens I don't use, quills I also don't use, empty sketch books I don't use...

·
Registered
455 Posts
I have a 'thing' for pretty blank journals. I'm a huge fan of Paperblanks

I end up buying lots of them but I don't always fill them! I imagine all the knowledge I could fill them with but because they are so pretty I don't want to write just anything in them.

Can anyone else relate?
Yes. Whenever I see a good blank book I want to buy it but then I only want to write important stuff that fit the book, like spells or important secrets or really complex equations or drawings like these

I do that with glass bottles too.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I love having a new journal. I start writing in it, then two days later get out of the habit. It doesn't get touched for a couple months after that, and I either write some more or read what I wrote and tear the page out because I sounded stupid or like a basket case (since I usually am venting whenever I write in a journal). And then I end up throwing the notebook out and buying more because the first one looks too torn and abused.

·
Registered
58 Posts
It doesn't get touched for a couple months after that, and I either write some more or read what I wrote and tear the page out because I sounded stupid or like a basket case (since I usually am venting whenever I write in a journal).
Ha ha, that sounds like me! I only keep one real journal now - nutcase journal where I ramble like a lunatic. The rest are for decoration.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I love having a new journal. I start writing in it, then two days later get out of the habit. It doesn't get touched for a couple months after that, and I either write some more or read what I wrote and tear the page out because I sounded stupid or like a basket case (since I usually am venting whenever I write in a journal). And then I end up throwing the notebook out and buying more because the first one looks too torn and abused.
haha, this sounds exactly like me! i have a million journals that are either empty because i am too afraid that i'll write something totally stupid and ruin them or some that are only about a quarter full because i forget about them. and then, same as you, i read what i wrote a few months later and get really embarrassed at how ridiculous i sound haha

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've got a lot of blank journals, but they all end up blank or something like that since I lose motivation to write in it later on. I also also imagine that maybe someday one of my journals will become something memorable or meaningful for me.

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 sp
5,334 Posts
yes I'm a sucker for pretty covered journals, perhaps mainly because actual books rarely have such interesting covers, I like ones that have tooled leather or fancy fabric covers, that sort of thing. I have written in a few of them, but mainly I have saved them with the idea of someday filling them with hand-written stories - haha like that will happen.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I'm always drawn to that aisle in a supermarket or pharmacy that displays all the types of journals and other blank papers. Blank paper always fascinates me because I feel like there are endless possibilities of words and drawings that could fill those pages if one took enough time.

·
Registered
30 Posts
That's so weird that you said this because I never really thought about it...

I buy tons of sketchbooks but only draw in about 10 pages of each. I buy journals/notebooks occasionally but don't really use them. I love new, fresh things I think.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts