Personality Cafe banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Not new, I've been doing it professionally for a couple of years now. I don't work using Python, but I did complete a little Python project during my second year of university.

Programming's fun, enjoy!

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
If I wasn't still in school studying a bunch of things already I'd be interested in learning with you. T_T

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've been programming professionally for a couple years now. Advice: learn a little then actually practice and run the code. It's okay to get errors, tinker until it works. Then learn again. Programming is a couple concepts that build on each other, being a good programmer is problem solving. Good luck!

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
I'd like to, but I don't have any money for an online course (no job, bank account or anything lol).

·
Banned
253 Posts
I never programmed in my life. However I sense that psychopathy is something that develops due to a combination of parenting mistakes... lol this is the root of the excuse for neglect, having them waste hours in a computer screen

EVIL

As a result psychopathy develops

https://openpsychometrics.org/tests/LSRP.php

·
Registered
INFJ
5,863 Posts
When you feel enough confidence in it, try out Tensorflow.
You need a good computer to use it on your machine, but the website allows you to test out stuff on the server.
My love and I played around with pics of us by merging an image with a painting or graphic art style.
You can merge images like that, get it to guess what's in it, and a variety of other tasks.

Original image

a leonardo drawing

TensorFlow merge

Some people might be like, what's the deal, it's like filter, but it's pretty impressive how the ai can identify a graphic style and replicate it, and the cool thing about ai is that it improves the more you use it.

·
Registered
♂️ INFJ 5w4 // IEI-Ni
3,212 Posts
Yeah. I learn with an open source game engine called Godot and it has its own custom Python-inspired language for the coding (GDScript; also has C# and C++ support I believe) and I find it's pretty straightforward and easy for a beginner to understand. I learned a bunch of programming basics from it, so I think doing some game development is a good way to learn.

Reactions: dulcinea

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
I wouldn't trust Udemy. I doubt anyone vets those video courses. EDx had an excellent beginner's Python course (I don't know if they still do) that is free.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I am learning Python on Udemy, if anyone wants to learn alongside me or has any pointers, hit me up.
I use Python regularly. Just a question, why are you learning python?

Python is best if you are getting into data mining or machine learning! It has some wonderful packages that are great for scientific and mathematical computations.

·
The spirit of the spirits
11,026 Posts
I use Python regularly. Just a question, why are you learning python?

Python is best if you are getting into data mining or machine learning! It has some wonderful packages that are great for scientific and mathematical computations.
Sorry to steal a question, but Python is quite famous for being simple enough for beginners to understand without excessive effort. Especially for starters when any language can seem daunting, you want to pick something that looks least worst in that aspect and thus people choose Python. Despite that, Python has quite a bit of potential for further improvement past beginning, so it's a nicely balanced language for many people. Also nice and easy to understand documentation is important, Python has it. Not sure how relevant it is for people today, but Python was initially included in Raspbian operating system for first gen Raspberry Pi model B. That tiny computer was absolutely abysmal, but it had strong community support and some great instructions ready for anyone willing to learn something rather simple, chip and attainable.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts