Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm coming close to the end of A Scanner Darkly. I loved the movie, and the book is even better (as is usually the case). I absolutely love this book. Which one of his books should I read next? There's so many to choose from...

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I just ordered Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep from Amazon. I also got the new Tucker Max book as well. Can't wait! I was torn between that one and Ubik but ultimately chose the one I had more knowledge of. Curious to see how the book relates to the movie adaptation.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I recently read Man in the High Castle, but only to see how the author interpreted the I-Ching in it. Even so, I loved the alternative history setting since I'm a big fan of it.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
CAn't get into this books, tried to read Ubik, Do Android Dream of Electric Sheep? And one other one that I forgot the title and just couldn't get into them. Which is weird as I LOOOVe scifi so I don't know what's up with that.

·
Registered
836 Posts
CAn't get into this books, tried to read Ubik, Do Android Dream of Electric Sheep? And one other one that I forgot the title and just couldn't get into them. Which is weird as I LOOOVe scifi so I don't know what's up with that.
it's not possible to like everything. it's perfectly fine not to like things.:happy:

·
Registered
686 Posts
this could be an entp thing. I gave android dream of electic sheep to my entp buddy, and he had the same reaction as you. though he did finish the book...but I think it was just to please me...

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Read the Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch about two years ago and decided recently to read his other stuff too. Finished Maze of Death about a month ago. Haven't read anything else so far but I definitely will.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I used to love his books as a young girl. I think I must have been around ten-ish when I read quite a few of them:A Scanner Darkly, The Man In The High Castle, Flow My Tears The Policeman Said, Three Stigmata Of Palmer Eldrich, Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep?, Ubik and my favorite one which I remember was Valis. Those were what they had at the library back in the day. I should read them again now twenty plus years later. ...I do know an older guy who's an acquaintance and I would say an INFJ and he made some comment about Valis a few months ago on facebook. Philip K. Dick-On the obligatory INFJ reading list it seems... :wink:

·
Registered
456 Posts
I read The Divine Invasion for a science fiction class in college and really enjoyed it. One of these days, I'll get around to reading more by him.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts