Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I liked testing and being given the truth about my most basic motivations and desires. Could it be that there's people who know how I feel? Reading just several threads I immediately identified with eccentric, intense, intelligent, self-depreciating souls. All this time I thought I had maladapted through meekness, isolation,and great struggles and rejections relating my overwhelming feelings to others. I knew I was at fault for not being able to play the hurtful games, and that both friends and potential lovers had good reasons to dissaprove. Then I see familiar attitudes, meditating on matters relevant to understanding and healing and living better. And I like who you are; you're not content with business as usual and you have a good heart. Knowing I'm not alone makes me feel whole again. I am validated by your existence, you know what I've been through and I respect you just for surviving this far. It's comforting to have a place where I can be myself. Anyone else have a hard time getting acceptance when you reach out?
Gordon

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I had somewhat similar feelings when I first joined here as well. I actually was reflecting on it earlier that joining PC and learning about my own type helped me to grow significantly as a person. There is so much opportunity to learn from others here as well. Welcomes home my fellow INFP:tongue:

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
It certainly is a great and welcoming community. I'm glad you're enjoying it here.
There's a little bit of everything for everyone, which is probably what I enjoy the most.

I can rock out with my c' out or have a heart to heart with virtually anyone.

In the same breath, the sheer intelligence of everyone on here is incredible. Even the very shy ones that seem reserved about sharing their thoughts often have such wisdom to their words.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Feeling defective? LOL, I am defective.

...Okay, as a defect, I definetely felt a vibe in these forums, and can easily compare to many of the topic starters here. It's pretty comforting in a way.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
i've gotten along with my small group of friends, but i really prefer the mutual understanding and acceptance i get here. in real life i'm the needy emotionally unstable one but here i'm not alone and i get to help people!:proud:

Reactions: starflower

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I must admit that initially when I started on PC, I was a bit put off by the other types posting and commenting and sometimes hijacking threads. I had been at INFP globalchatter for over 2 years, primarily as an observer, and absolutely loved the vibes there. I feel that over the last year or so, the vibes here have gotten to be a lot less... chaotic and much more friendly to all types. I feel that when I first joined and started posting and observing there was some hesitancy to welcome so many brand new faces and all the people from GC were feeling the same way.

Now, there's the same camaraderie from GC, only with the others who are other personality types being just as welcome because their insights are valid as well. I love the sense of belonging and community. This is where I turn to when I don't necessarily want to talk to my friends from LJ or Twitter (who are pretty much the same people, but that's just a mild detail) because trying to explain to them the whys and hows just won't help. I don't have to worry about that here because I know you will very likely get it and understand with very little explanation or background info. It's great and lovely and wonderful.

Except when it makes me realize that you all have some experience with not so great and unpleasant things and then I feel sad that you had to experience that as well. But, we also support each other here through that, and it's an amazing experience. :)

Thank you!

·
Registered
182 Posts
It reminds me why I come back to post here, even though I feel I don't contribute much. Its such a nice and peaceful environment free of flaming, trolling, and insulting other users. It makes me sick when I see others get insulted on other forums for asking legitimate questions or having an opinion that is really harmless. I don't see none of that here. I like how fellow INFPs are normally non-judgmental and supportive of others around here. That is why I even find I need to carefully word what I even say around here myself. There is all this harmony that makes me feel warm inside.

......Warm inside? I said that? Wow....

·
Registered
701 Posts
I never thought I was defective, I've always loved the way I think and feel about things. As bad as it sounds, I kind of thought everyone ELSE was defective. :wink: haHA!

·
Registered
759 Posts
This forum has been an invaluable tool for helping me figure out more about who I am and what I need, and I love how I can be involved in a very serious discussion one moment, and then switch and be reading something completely silly and fun the next. And there is such a wonderful vibe that everyone is genuine and truly empathizes with one another. It is so nice and interesting to meet people who immediately get what I'm talking about (or I get what they are talking about), yet every single person is so uniquely individual. You are all magnificent people and it is a pleasure talking to and with you all :)

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
YES! Number one reason is me loving the fact that I can talk with everyone here and not have to worry about them finding me attractive, or repulsive.

Side note: I love a fact. :crazy:

edit: I don't know about feeling defective, but I have felt detached. That's a different story though.

Reactions: starflower

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's hard when everytime someone feels bad you think you're responsible. That somehow everyone should like you otherwise you are doing something wrong, or are flawed and unwanted. I think caring for others more than for myself made people lose respect for me, which I tended to take very personally. I tried to give everyone what I thought they wanted, but it turns out there is no pleasing them, and they don't know what they want any better than I do. Even denying myself to the extreme didn't fix the problem. It took a long time to realize that it wasn't about me, and that I'm not responsible for other people. Now that I finally like myself, the self-fulfilling prophecies should be over, and I should have more success feeling accepted. I can't wait to get out there and practice feeling good about myself with new people. Now that I know I'm not alone, and am not weird or gay for being different, I can be proud of who I am even if the schoolyard dopes hate me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts