Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I interviewed with a competitive intelligence firm and it appears that much of their information is attained from primary sources. Does anyone know anything about the ethical guidelines and approaches when talking to primary contacts? I was directed to the SCIP. However, I want to make sure that this is something I want to do. Any experiences?

·
Registered
97 Posts
ENTPs are the best, by far, at competitive analysis, which often leads to competitive intelligence work. I don't think there's anything unethical in finding out what some company is charging for a product, or what tactics their salespeople are using. In my experience, I've gotten this info from customers and distributors, not the competing company itself.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Thanks for the perspective. How long before you were able to start working with models?
I never worked with any models. I've just had clients ask for specific pieces of information on their competitors, and called some of business contacts to get it.

Just about everything I've obtained is pricing, sales tactics, or service features. None of it's really been earth shattering stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts