Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if there are any types with enneagram 3 yet have consistent laziness which conflicts with their enneagram?

Reactions: navi__x3

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi :)
If I'm not mistaken, type 3 disintegrates into type 9. When 3s are under stress, or are simply in the grip of the personality, they can share some of the 9s traits, that is, a form of apathy, disengagement with the world, procrastination; Nine can fall into this sort of resignation about life, thus withdrawing from it. When 3s dis-integrate, these traits tend to reveal - this might be the point when one wants to ask if he or she is pursuing things that truly matter to one's heart. 3s no longer are your typical achievers, they're holding the tires.

For some period, 3s can be on overdrive, pushed to achieve, high energy towards a given result, validated by a given community (can be a family, a group of colleagues, of friends; a country, a religious/spiritual community, etc.). In 3's Hidden Self (found in 6), you actually see how they are worried not to be accepted for who they are, so they randomly start to achieve and be good at everything that they do, in all areas (it helps relieve their anxiety). The inner critic says "If you're not anyone, then you're worth nothing". Sucks, eh? So basically, you could listen to that inner critic as a 3, and go on and on and on, and on, and become good at a bunch of things so you can get the final satisfaction of being accepted; then, off you go again, and it never stops.

I believe 3s can be tempted to overextend themselves, for this reason, but this does not quench their thirst; they actually have to slow down; and if you don't slow yourself down, your personality will rebalance itself, so, yeah. Long periods of negative 9-ish disengagement can erupt.

:wink:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Well, I guess being an INTP gives some unique flavor to this which makes me lazier or at least look lazier. You'll see what I mean. Well, my core type is actually 5w6. (Tritype is 5w6 3w4 9w8)

Due to lack of Te, my own focus on gaining success is less in creating results and executing things but theorizing and analyzing my way to success. Also brainstorming multiple options to improve the quality and quantity of my tasks with Ne. I tend to emphasize more on looking for patterns and making theories on my common mistakes and spotting ideas that have more opportunities. I can also take some time observing and analyzing other people for success. I like being that idea person and the one who gives insightful critique in teams. Being the problem solver.Seems about one of the easiest way to receive praise from others for me.

I don't know. When it comes to execution, my own brilliance doesn't apply well to doing than thinking so I can get pretty lazy at this. Ne can make me pretty distractable. People don't really see the thinking and planning part of my way to success so some people can see me as lazy. But it's really just a different way of hard work, I guess. I tend to see this laziness as a weakness to my ambitions and have researched how to discipline myself in depth and tried much of what was in there. I'm a lot better really but I'm still lazy at times or distractable when I'm trying to focus on a task. I used to have issues of viewing being called as lazy as similar as a stereotypical overweight woman being told about her weight. But now I accept it a lot more.

Maybe it's disintegration to type 7 with my core type of 5. But nope. Even when I'm at peace and far from stress, I can be this way. Though when I'm stressed, the distraction can get even worse. I can tell the difference between normal distractableness and disintegration distractableness. Which the latter is some crazy stuff. Or maybe I'm still missing something here. Hmmm. . .

What's left is a ridiculous amount of perseverance to follow through with projects even if I keep getting distracted and trying again many times when I get lazy.. Hell, I was suppose to work on something now, but hey, I'm kinda lazy so. . .

·
Registered
36 Posts
When I'm feeling "lazy", I'm usually either in desperate need of rediscovering what fun/rest actually looks like, or I'm depressed. Or both. :shocked:

I've worked on one problem/project for so long, I've lost my Ne edge, and am in serious need of recharge and/or body care. Like getting off my ass and exercising or expanding my tunnel vision (so I can be creative/inspired again).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts