Personality Cafe banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
I'm a 18 year old boy, and I have lately began to get worse and worse grades. I really don't put too much effort in learning stuff in school as it isn't that interesting to me. I also remember things quiet bad, and my memory can be somehow limited in some areas, but I do remember quiet alot in other areas.

Well, I have started to get demotivated, because although I'm not worried of what people think of me, I want them to think what is real about me. People often make some conclusions based on their thought which just aren't real, and I want people to know me for who I am and not of what they see. Therefore I kind of hate to get a bad grade, and that people get the impression that I'm dumb. (Which I'm not. According to myself.)

Really, for me grades doesn't matter that much. Where I live it's easy to get a job, if I have passed school with somehow okay grades. However I feel so demotivated about learning about stuff that just totally don't intrest me in any ways. We can learn about all sorts of things, and the one remembering the most facts of a lesson recieves a better grade than others. Now again, I don't have a good memory, and I always end up struggeling at tests.

I don't work with my subjects either, and I don't do homework or really prepare for tests and stuff. However I'm interested in the subjects itself, and I watch many historical documentaries and are interested in science and society. However I feel school is an artificial way to learn it, and that the only thing school does is to produce good grades, and not really to learn and have fun with the intellect.

Anyone feeling the same way, and does anyone have suggestions to how to do better? Examn time now, so really got to step up, and actually I have a big test coming up today, and it's 2 AM now. Probably should sleep.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Go rent an Asian parent from Craigslist to inspire you. Of course this only really works if they have the power to kick you out of your house so you will have to give them that.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
However I feel school is an artificial way to learn it, and that the only thing school does is to produce good grades, and not really to learn and have fun with the intellect.

Anyone feeling the same way, and does anyone have suggestions to how to do better? Examn time now, so really got to step up, and actually I have a big test coming up today, and it's 2 AM now. Probably should sleep.

Yes of course I felt the same way - to the point where I felt like doing some not very nice or legal things to the school to vent my frustration. My point being, I hated it as much or more than you. For me, there was no workaround. You just have to grow up, shut up and do it. Life isn't what you want it to be and the sooner you learn that the better. You will have opportunities to do things you like, but you will have to do a lot more things you don't like. I did not learn this until college when my money was on the line if I did not do well. So don't be tooo hard on yourself, but try to do well enough to get some scholarships to college. Those are worth a lot.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah .. chances is I need to pay alot if I don't pass. And I'm aiming for that scholarship. However I just can't see me going more years in this pointless system, and I would probably take a year off to work with something meaningful. I irritate me over people saying that 'Life isn't what you want it to be', and even though I know that, I'm not really willing to realize or accept that. I'm a person that believes in changes and originality, and if people start a riot one could change the system.
However it seems like I'm the only one in my revolution, and that's not going to change much ..

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Change is only as possible as the structural forces around you allow. There is some degree of choice but it is fenced in by things like where you were born, how rich your parents are, what your aptitudes are, what opportunities were presented to you - things like that. And while it is *possible* to live a nice life outside of most of societies conventions, the ability to do so requires the positive influence of the factors I just listed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts