Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having an acoustic guitar which i like to play in my free time. Its an Spanish one. But having no such idea of playing in a correct way :p sometimes its being stupid but sometimes it gives extreme pleasure.

Do you guys having any?
Are you also playing without any tuitions?

·
Registered
171 Posts
bahah,i understand completely.
i bought a vintage modified bass and a little secondhand amp about two weeks ago, having no idea how to play.
but, im learning. =) mostly self-taught, with some internet assistance. might be getting an actual bass teacher soon though.
it's such a fantastic instrument.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I play bass. I can fiddle around on my wife's guitar, but I wouldn't consider myself anywhere near good.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I taught myself guitar. I was playing at college the other day and the music teacher said I was better than all his music students so I guess I'm pretty good.
When learning I played for at least an hour every day; but I was in school so I had a huge amount of spare time! :tongue:

Most people give up because of the pain in the fingertips. Once they get over that there is the hell of "barre chords" which make a lot of people quit. They are incredibly difficult for beginners and do hurt.
The most important thing you need to be able to play guitar is tenacity. There will be many, many times when you want to throw the guitar out of the window; but you have to pick it back up! Anyone can play the instrument if they're dedicated and are willing to put the effort in.
You've probably seen adverts on the internet that say "learn guitar in a week/month". That is impossible. You'll still suck after a year - even if you practice every day.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I taught myself to play guitar with little help from my dad and the internet. From there I learned to play the bass. Drums were easy to learn, not much theoretical knowledge is needed. After a year of theoretical music education I taught myself to play the piano. I also sing.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've been teaching myself guitar on and off for about a year and a half. Mostly that involves trying to play songs and occasionally learning some new technique. Thank god tabs are so easy to read.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts