Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i’ve always had this kinda nagging suspicion that I could relate to alot of actors. Earlier today i was reading through heath ledger quotes and i was like wow he is sooo an infj. Then i started thinking u know what i also think that actor is too and that one and that one. Maybe because we have an innate understanding of other people and have a meticulous nature we’re naturally very talented actors. Anyone else?

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Certain careers could be more suited for different types. I know there quite a few famous ISTP actors. For example, there's Humphrey Bogart, Tom Cruise, James Dean, Clint Eastwood, Burt Reynolds, and others. I only know about ISTP actors though.

·
Premium Member
10,519 Posts
I don't know that many talented INFJ actors. Mel Gibson is the most famous one I know. I think there are more good philanthropist than actors. Some of the most influential philanthropist are Martin Luther King Jr., Gandhi, Mother Teresa, and etc. You guys are more into helping others than acting like it. haha:crazy:

·
Registered
552 Posts
Probably some, but I wouldn't say majority. I checked the list and it said Marg Helgenberger and Gary Dourdan are INFJ's. I can believe that.

·
Registered
241 Posts
That's an interesting theory because I know there have been actors who have had so much empathy for their character and had disappeared into the character so much that they have taken on the persona of the character somewhat in real life and done some self-destructive things because the character was such.
yeah, that certainly sounds like Riv, and empathy for the friends around him too possibly :-(
i've heard people say he was kinda spiritual too (in his own way though) and that's kinda INFJ, not withstanding the wanting to make the world a better place ness.

:-( aww, now i feel sad

·
Registered
10 Posts
yes they both seemed like beautiful people...it is very sad.

yeah, that certainly sounds like Riv, and empathy for the friends around him too possibly :-(
i've heard people say he was kinda spiritual too (in his own way though) and that's kinda INFJ, not withstanding the wanting to make the world a better place ness.

:-( aww, now i feel sad

·
Registered
638 Posts
No. I agree with braintypes.com's belief that most actors are ENTP. I don't like acting. I like my privacy; in fact, there are few fields I can relate less to than acting.. maybe sales, hairdressing, or construction work, lol.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Audrey Hepburn was definitely an INFJ. I'm wondering about River Phoenix too, but I'm not sure. What do people think?
Don't mean to sound like a B or anything correcting you, but I've read several places that Audrey was an INFP and Idk, I guess I'd have to agree with that after reading several interviews and just reading about her in general... INFP (Dreamer) Personality Type - Jungian

But I was trying to figure out what James Dean was because I was curious... I was searching and came across this thread and saw that he might be an INFJ...

·
Banned
198 Posts
I'm an INFJ and when I have to act in english and writer's craft class everyone thinks I am incredibly talented at it
When I present something to the class and I'm not acting, I get very nervous and my voice becomes very shaky :(
But when I do act I'm not nervous at all, I feel like I have full control over everyone

·
Registered
8,672 Posts
I think a lot of characters actors/actresses play come close to INFJs.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I'm an INFJ actress! 8D Sooo yeeah talented actresses can totes be INFJ. :p Hahaha.

Thing about being an actor though is that it definitely makes you come across to other people differently than how you really are. Which is why so many people think all actors must be extroverted. We have to be act extroverted in order to get by in this business, most of the time.

The best actors, in my opinion, are intuitive feelers, because we feed off our scene partner easily and understand emotion on a very deep level. Sensors understand physicality but not the emotion behind it, while Thinkers just... think too much, hahaha. I actually find even with my low Ti that thinking inhibits me so much. It does have its place, but most of the time, we must Feel and throw the majority of Thoughts to the wind.

I could go ooon and ooon but I'm not really in the mood. ;) Oh acting.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I am also an INFJ actor! I find that it comes quite easily to me, although it does suck up a tremendous amount of energy :p

Reactions: Jasette and Hokahey
1 - 20 of 43 Posts