Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering. I don't have all that much to start off the conversation because it could go a number of different ways, but I was thinking that it would be fun to talk about the origins, mindfulness, practices in DBT, ect.

·
Registered
435 Posts
really though, the mindfullness exercises are very enlightening and helpful for anyone, I think.
I've never had DBT personally. I've studied it a lot to use in collaboration with the therapy that I provided on a BPD unit where I used to provide service.

Some of the individuals with whom I worked really struggled with DBT only because the unit where they were was the end of the line.. there were no further levels of care.. it was unfortunate, but a lot of them were very successful during the time I spent there.

One thing about DBT for sure is that the individual must make a commitment to change, otherwise, it is not very effective, and they need a lot of support because it's not easy.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am glad that you studied it a bit!
I actually do attend DBT groups, and they have helped me tons! :p
It has also caused me to start casually studying Buddhism.
One thing about DBT for sure is that the individual must make a commitment to change, otherwise, it is not very effective, and they need a lot of support because it's not easy.
I agree with that statement! Though there really always has to be a commitment to change, doesn't there?
I believe that DBT is really for everyone in general. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts