Personality Cafe banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never before seen such a profound charactarization of the male INFP. Bright Star is about the young love that develops between the famous romantic poet John Keats and the beautiful ''girl next door'', Fanny Brawne. A meeting of two very different souls, the love they weave around eachother binds them so tightly, even death can't loosen its grip.

The talented Ben Wishaw delivers a touching performance without stumbling into the oh-so-tempting territory of the ''struggling poet''. An idealist at heart, Keats believes every moment is sacred. He has no money to marry his sweetheart but cherishes every moment with chaste kisses, adoring gazes and beautiful poetry. His intuitive nature is highly pronounced (as I'm sure is the case with all poets), evoking such mystical imagery with his speech:

Fanny Brawne: I still don't know how to work out a poem.
John Keats: A poem needs understanding through the senses. The point of diving into a lake is not immediately to swim to the shore but to be in the lake, to luxuriate in the sensation of water. You do not work the lake out, it is a experience beyond thought. Poetry soothes and emboldens the soul to accept the mystery.

Very childlike himself, Fanny's little sister adores him. Who wouldn't, if one was asked:

John Keats: Have you been eating rosebuds again? So where do your cheeks get their blush?

I won't give away the ending, but be prepared to WEEP. It's a tearjerker right up there with Terms of Endearment and Bambi. :crying:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts