Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't help but feel a little apathetic, like I'm tired and stuff and I just feel like.... apa-fucking-thetic.

That's all.

The most feeling I got was looking at a picture of my friend Dave and his girlfriend Megan and feeling a small amount of pain that I actually supressed myself, and merely felt like shit that I am alone. And then went back to apathy... or what seems like it. Maybe I am just tired? And can't be assed to care about certain things?

·
Registered
751 Posts
Oh yeah, I've also been very apathetic for a while. It's got so bad now I think its beginning to seriously undermine my idealism amongst other things. I have a form of longing for relationships but I have no special person anymore to direct it towards. It all seems quite hollow, everything is bouncing off the surface and only introspection can travel deeper. I'm trying to aim for making something of my life instead to take my mind off things but I feel so tired about it. My eyes are burning a bit from sleep deprivation right now as well.

Are you sure its not depression? That tends to turn a relatively innocent small dose of apathy or unwillingness to care into a giant wrecking ball of destruction, just smashing up some things inside your mind and leaving the rest of yourself to live with the mess.

·
Registered
243 Posts
yup....can certainly relate to apathy, takes a lot of energy to take that first step in any direction....but, once an INFP gets off the couch....look out world...!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking about something to write, but meh

That happens alot to me. Honestly I should be sleeping. But I don't want to get woken up by my mother to eat. Happened yesterday, not cool, because when I wake up I am not hungry.

·
Registered
437 Posts
i'm either completely passionate or completely apathetic, there isn't much room in between with me and i like it , to be honest.
i love being completely passionate about something because it makes everything worth it, and then being completely apathetic gives my emotions and internal world a break from caring so intensely . make sense? if it doesn't... i don't care:crazy:....:bored:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I dunno if this is something that you're feeling but sometimes I feel like everything is pointless in the world. Like I'm never going to find true meaning out of anything, either because a) what I want to do is "flawed" in some way, like there is something that is still preventing me from making it meaningful, or b) because I don't really know what I want. Or when things get really bad, c) there isn't anything out there that will actually let me find true meaning.

Anyway, the most I can do in those times is to allow myself some time -- just kind of accept it, I guess. Sometimes it takes a couple of days to shake me out of the feeling. In the meantime, read a book that really inspires you, or listen to some music that reminds you (or once did) why the world is beautiful. Don't read it looking for inspiration. Just do it. You'll feel better when you're ready :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
All the time. Mostly due to constant stress. Then I bounce back, then I feel apathetic again when i feel overwhelm and realize that there are things in the world you can't change since its how the system was set up. It really gets to me just thinking about it.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I go through apathetic stages in my life. Currently I'm in a very emotional stage, but about half a year ago it was like I didn't have emotions at all..

·
Registered
96 Posts
rigt now I can say I am depressed basically because I lost hopes for some love I had longed, and apathy has only increased since... but then again....

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
rigt now I can say I am depressed basically because I lost hopes for some love I had longed, and apathy has only increased since... but then again....

Yeah that tends to hit us pretty hard.

I've kinda learned to just shut off, completely.

Reactions: PanolX

·
Registered
394 Posts
I can't help but feel a little apathetic, like I'm tired and stuff and I just feel like.... apa-fucking-thetic.

That's all.

The most feeling I got was looking at a picture of my friend Dave and his girlfriend Megan and feeling a small amount of pain that I actually supressed myself, and merely felt like shit that I am alone. And then went back to apathy... or what seems like it. Maybe I am just tired? And can't be assed to care about certain things?
Have you ever asked yourself what your biggest value is in the world? Have you ever sat down and made a list of what you value?

I can be apathetic too, don't get me wrong, but at the end of the day I've recognized that I give my life value and that it is this value that gives my life worth.

I'm sure there are things you value about yourself, I'm sure there are qualities, there are people who inspire you.

Work towards those for now, the girlfriend thing will come in time, but if you give yourself value, you'll start feeling happier even before she walks into your life.

A girl friend will not change your level of apathy, I've seen in some people it make them more apathetic actually. In either case, what I'm saying is that if you cannot find happiness alone, you'll not find it through someone else. So make being happy with yourself your first goal.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
I get very apathetic after I've just gone through a emotional wrecking. Then I just feel numb and indifferent towards everything. I find myself shrugging at what people say a lot or not listening at all and being unresponsive to things that should either upset me or make me happy.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Have you ever asked yourself what your biggest value is in the world? Have you ever sat down and made a list of what you value?

I can be apathetic too, don't get me wrong, but at the end of the day I've recognized that I give my life value and that it is this value that gives my life worth.

I'm sure there are things you value about yourself, I'm sure there are qualities, there are people who inspire you.

Work towards those for now, the girlfriend thing will come in time, but if you give yourself value, you'll start feeling happier even before she walks into your life.

A girl friend will not change your level of apathy, I've seen in some people it make them more apathetic actually. In either case, what I'm saying is that if you cannot find happiness alone, you'll not find it through someone else. So make being happy with yourself your first goal.
I am not too depressed/sad/whatever over a girlfriend, as I know that will come in time... Hopefully.

I'm pretty happy now actually, I made a song :happy:

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
I'm zoning out right now, as i type this...uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :frustrating:

·
Registered
717 Posts
If you're not apathetic about being apathetic, then you're probably fine. Haha. :unsure:

I used to be really high-strung about everything, so one time I decided to try to not care about anything and become apathetic. It's kind of nice in a way because you don't get upset, but you also don't feel happy, just being whatever about everything... I wouldn't recommend it. But if you care about anything, even if it's just one thing, even if it's just whether or not you can breath or whether or not the person next to you can breath, that's probably better.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yeah that tends to hit us pretty hard.

I've kinda learned to just shut off, completely.
yeah, I had been shut for some time until someone made me think otherwise and now I remember why I used to be like that. back to my intp self again....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts