Personality Cafe banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm an ENFP and I have a few questions about you guys and apologising

1. You obviously don't say sorry as much as ENFPs do. What does it take to get an ESTP to apologise?

2. If you apologise, what in the world are we supposed to say back?

3. Do you find it annoying when people say sorry a lot, or does it make you feel bad?

4. How often does your face go red when you bring yourself to say sorry to someone?

Haha, these questions seem so random. By the way, ESTPs are awesome!! :D

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
1. For the ESTP to feel sorry and feel comfortable apologizing.
2. Depends on if you accept the apology. But I would say "thank you" either way.
3. I knew an ESFJ once who would apologize for stupid little things constantly but never apologize when I actually did deserve an apology and would become absolutely infuriated if pushed about that. That person put a bad taste of constant apologizing in my mouth, but it's cool as long as you apologize when you also apologize when there is a legitimate reason to.
4. I haven't made a habit out of blushing.

·
Registered
55 Posts
1. Sorry for what? party rocking?! uh..idk.. i'm usually not sorry unless i break something?

2. accept it and follow up with a joke or be direct and reject it

3. if they constantly fk up and can't self reflect and fix it, then yeah. actions speak louder than words to me. my philosophy is that friends don't need to really say thanks or sorry to each other. i know some people who say sorry often but they're kind of derpy/clumsy..in that case its funny =P

4. haha, i don't turn red but i really insist on making it up to you somehow

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
My ESTP friend will rarely apologizes because he rarely regrets his actions.

When he does apologize, I thank him for the apology. I never say "It's OK" or "no big deal", because it is a big deal when he feels the need to make amends. Of course, sometimes he tries to get away with an un-apology like "I'm sorry what I did hurt your feelings". My typical response to that kind of apology is, "You are such an asshole!". Then he flashes his wicked smile and we both laugh(I can't stay mad at my ESTP friend.).

He also says apologizing makes you look weak, especially if you don't feel you've done anything wrong.

He doesn't like hearing apologies from others either. He seems to lose respect for someone if they apologize about something he doesn't feel warrants the sentiment. Since he's been in my life, I have become more conscious of my apology habits and no longer use the words "I'm sorry" lightly. I have also observed situations where his view about apologies making a person look weak rings true. (Like when my friend constantly apologizes to her controlling husband, even when she's done nothing wrong.)

He doesn't turn red, but he does stumble over his words and says "um" a lot during his rare apologies. Which is unusual for my silver-tongued friend.

·
Registered
69 Posts
1. You obviously don't say sorry as much as ENFPs do. What does it take to get an ESTP to apologise?
I mean, if I know I was in the wrong (through thorough facts and evidence, I'll admit I'm wrong. Also, if I really care about that person then I will.

2. If you apologise, what in the world are we supposed to say back?
Be accepting. What I really like is "thank you, that means alot" and usually an explanation from the other person so I can understand them better and make sure it doesn't happen again. I also love it when right after they mention a spontaneous activity to do.

3. Do you find it annoying when people say sorry a lot, or does it make you feel bad?
eh. It kind of gets on my nerves. Dependent on the person tho

4. How often does your face go red when you bring yourself to say sorry to someone?
I would say not often. Maybe if I'm really embarrassed and it's in front of other people.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts