Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was there ever a time where you really messed up, and had to apologize for it? If so, what happened? How did you fix the problem? Did the person forgave you? How did it change you afterward as a person?

On the same token, if someone hurt you, how long did it took you to forgive them? Do you ever really forgive them deep down, or do you never forget all the hurtful words/actions they have done against you?

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
It's easy for me to admit and apologize when I've done wrong, and then I'll be working with everything I can to make up for it if the other person will let me. I can't think of anything I ever did that I apologized for that people didn't accept the apology and just move on with our lives.

I don't do forgiveness. I think it is the same as just "not holding people responsible for what they've done." If you've done me wrong, I will tell you what it was and what you can do to make it okay between us again (sometimes it is a long-term thing, admittedly), and if you don't think you can or want to do that, then get the hell out of my life, before I kick you out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm quick to forgive and very, very quick to apologize. I say sorry way too much, even when it's not necessary. Someone will walk right into me, and it's clearly their fault, but I'll still say "Sorry!" as if I were the idiot who didn't look where they were going :p

And I'm a really big push over. Even if someone really hurts me, if they try hard enough, they can always get me to forgive them and/or take them back. I just hate ending relationships. I'm the type of person who will fight to the very end to salvage any relationship if I deem it worthy.

I forgive easily, but I don't forget. There's some things people have done to me that I doubt I will ever forget although I've forgiven the person.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
When I screw up with people in my life, it's usually after I do a lot of good for them, or around them. Sometimes, they forgive me. other times, they just don't care. It seems like when I screw up with how high I seem to be compared to the people around me, they don't care because they compare themselves to me, and so they end up forgiving me to false ends, and I feel confused on how to take it in return. When others wrong me...I usually say I forgive them right away, because I wouldn't wish my worry-some habits on anyone else, but I don't think I even take offense to the people that do wrong me. I just take it as an example of why I should prepare myself more, or become stronger through it, instead of finding any anger, or desperate (mistaken for maniacal in individuals across the board) rage through it.

I have an example that happened earlier today, on my way back from the gym. I'm walking down the street, and I'm low on testosterone, just coming out of the gym. Keeping my focus, I'm walking. Two people are walking towards me, past me. One person avoids eye contact, and stays out of my way. The other person, however, (who by the way is wearing a leather jacket and has bloodshot, seemingly aware eyes that I used to have and can relate with when I tried to make eye contact with him), just keeps on walking and we bump shoulders. I say excuse me once, and walk. Then I remember that I'm in a weak state, and imagine possible confrontations. Almost immediately, I glimpse back and say excuse me again. Afterwards, the cold person says "Yeah that's right, excuse you!" ... As soon as he said yeah, I felt the dominance he felt he had, and returned, and kept on walking. It's like..diligence, I guess. I don't know. Moral of the story being that I didn't take offense to the fact that he intentionally wronged me. I could've stopped it, much like other situations. Although it makes me consider

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have said things that I don't mean to people before. I apologize and they usually forgive me.

I forgive too easily. I give people too many chances. This is something I have to learn to control. Sometimes, it's best to say no and walk away.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I often forgive people way too easily. I hate conflict and I will forgive someone just so I can avoid confronting them, even if it hurt me. This is really bad, it ends up screwing me up inside and some days I feel like I'm boiling over with quiet resentment. I'm getting better at communicating my feelings though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts