Personality Cafe banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
we normally appear strict because we are very certain of something. I don't see how that could be tied to emotions, as its an opinion on a subject.
Though others talk about how ISTJ's have a cold exterior and a soft interior, I've often found myself to show the emotion in an authentic manner to know its real, if that makes any sense. Then again I sometimes will just observe, think, and feel things and not bother to show them.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Do ISTJ's at times appear strict and fixed just to hide their core of sincerity and sensitivity?
I might appear unyielding or even aloof, but it's certainly not a conscious decision to make myself appear tougher than I am. A subconscious decision, possibly: a defence mechanism to keep people at bay until I trust them? I will say that expressing emotion in front of people I don't know well makes me feel incredibly vulnerable. It makes sense that I would try to prevent it.

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
we normally appear strict because we are very certain of something. I don't see how that could be tied to emotions, as its an opinion on a subject.
Though others talk about how ISTJ's have a cold exterior and a soft interior, I've often found myself to show the emotion in an authentic manner to know its real, if that makes any sense. Then again I sometimes will just observe, think, and feel things and not bother to show them.
True, but for this discussion we would need to know which definition of strict Izzie means. I think she may be meaning strict as in austere...but I'm not sure.

Reactions: Wake

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
ISTJ's also have this ''Just because I seem more quiet and colder, it doesn't mean I don't care and I want you to know that'' which is interesting.

At least for the ISTJ I know :crazy:
This is generally true. I'm not sure of the point as it relates to this thread...:confused:

Reactions: Sela

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
I might appear unyielding or even aloof, but it's certainly not a conscious decision to make myself appear tougher than I am. A subconscious decision, possibly: a defence mechanism to keep people at bay until I trust them? I will say that expressing emotion in front of people I don't know well makes me feel incredibly vulnerable. It makes sense that I would try to prevent it.
This answers what I suspect is Izzie's question. If so, it's cursivelogic, FTW.

·
Registered
324 Posts
True, but for this discussion we would need to know which definition of strict Izzie means. I think she may be meaning strict as in austere...but I'm not sure.
ahhh...and what would the world be without concrete definitions!!

Agrees, want to save what you want to say till you are sure of it.

Reactions: niss

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
ISTJ's also have this ''Just because I seem more quiet and colder, it doesn't mean I don't care and I want you to know that'' which is interesting.

At least for the ISTJ I know :crazy:
Bingo. Ya hit it on the head. And yes, even though we appear cold, we really like it when people go the extra mile to keep the door open for us.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts