Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there is already a similar thread to this, but I thought I would ask a more specific question

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
Private matters keep within the originally intended audience because such things are deemed sacred on some level. I may speak vaguely when joking about preferences or whatever, but it doesn't get too gorey. I'm one of those TMI guys, but restrained on certain subjects.

·
Registered
INFJ 6w5, 1w2, 2w1 Sx/Sp
10,471 Posts
With my SO (privately) or on here (forum) if I'm in the mood or even with a friend if they are comfortable with it and they need to talk about it for some reason. But with a group of people (in person) it's just awkward and it makes me feel uncomfortable unless we're really close but I haven't had that happen before.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I, personally, have nothing against talking about sex.
That's mostly me. I might be uncomfortable with talking about sex if a friend is talking about his or her intimate relations with another person, due to the fact I don't know if the other person knows he or she is being talked about. But it wouldn't bother me to hear about sexual details if both people in the relationship were comfortable with it. It did piss me off that one of my supervisors started discussing one of my coworker's sexual relations with his girlfriend (who happened to be best friends with my supervisor) because neither my coworker nor his girlfriend knew that they were being talked about in that manner.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hmm, I wasn't thinking about gossiping, I don't really enjoy if people are talking about someone else (especially in a bad way), and believe that it's inappropriate to say something on behalf of someone else, especially things that are deemed intimate, but generally speaking, and beside the cases I just mentioned, talking about sex is fine by me.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
yup, dont really have a problem with it. ITs weird if a random stranger comes up and tries to talk about it, but with my friends and family I dont really care.

Reactions: Wake

·
Banned
2,005 Posts
I talk about sex with those it's... er. "Relevant" to, let's say. Also, doctors.

Aside from that, I'd rather not, and it makes me uncomfortable when friends/acquaintances hit me with the details of their sex lives. I don't want to hear anything of the sort from my family members, either. It seems too private of an act to share that way.

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
Marry me and then we'll talk. ;)

Reactions: Saturniid

·
Banned
891 Posts
I talk about sex with those it's... er. "Relevant" to, let's say. Also, doctors.

Aside from that, I'd rather not, and it makes me uncomfortable when friends/acquaintances hit me with the details of their sex lives. I don't want to hear anything of the sort from my family members, either. It seems too private of an act to share that way.
Yeah, I'm similar. The internet is *not* a medical office. And yeah, it's private matter. That's why I tend not to talk about sex in public, and if I must, I keep details to a minimum.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts