Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went on a date and was asked how many people I had slept with. I thought this to be innapropriate and suggestive; either I'm a slut or a prude. In fact, I think it's innapropriate to ask at any point. I don't think it's anyone's business who I've had sex with and vice-versa.
P.S. Little horny girl: Please don't litter this post with your tedious tales of sex. I don't want to hear about your thoughts on this one.
However, I'm curious if this is an INFJ trait or just plain ol' me................

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
You haven't compiled a sex resume yet? Man, who will sleep with you if you've got no experience?

While you're at it, you better start working on your cover letter so he can decide if you're worth his time or not.

I lol'd at the post script. ;)

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
This is a very personal question that I agree is tactless to ask on first date.
The guy might have been trolling you. Sometimes when date isn't going well I've seen some guys resort to trying to have a bit of fun at your expense. Obviously such guys aren't a good match.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Lets switch that around.....

If I were on a first date and a female had asked me that question. The things that come to mind, why would you ask something ridiculous as that? Especially on a first date?

Who have you been with?
Is this the best way you can come up with?
You haven't had much social skills have you?
You sure do not have much integrity when it comes to the values of others your just getting to know?

Check please!!! No, by all means, let me pay for that. Trust me, I've saved a lot more in the long run, so it is my pleasure to pay for our last date.

So... all in all, this is not an INFJ thing. It's all across the board.

·
Registered
116 Posts
As an INFP, I generally don't walk into dates with deal breakers. However, this would definitely be the end of the date for me.

On a different note, I once had an ex who started talking about various people he had slept with (not initiated on my part) which I was okay with up to a point. I just accepted it as something that he wanted to discuss, but then he felt it was my turn to divulge the same information though he initiated the conversation without my prompting and was offended that I wouldn't do so. His statement regarding the matter was that he felt it would be funny to exchange notes if we had slept with any of the same people.

This was a problem for me on several levels, chief amongst them being that I hold peoples' personal privacy in fairly high regards as a matter of respect for the other person. To me intimacy and sex are pretty tightly wound and therefore highly personal moments that I've shared with other people. As such, divulging intimate details with names attached just strikes me as a bit of a betrayal to the other party and not something done casually, especially in relation to people who know of the individual in question. If someone is that concerned to know, then they can find out through having first hand experience -- that is *if* that person is interested. Lastly, if someone is that quick to want to compare notes it raises questions as to what they'll divulge in relation to details regarding their sexual experiences with you if the relationship ever ends.

In this situation, we were at least a couple of months into the relationship, so it wasn't something to end the relationship over as I still saw a ton of good qualities about my ex worthy of pursuing the relationship. However, there seemed to be a rift about my 'secretiveness' in relation to this issue. At the time I was 23, so I've done some growing since then and would now gladly layout that it isn't fair to expect me to 'return the favor' in relation to information they divulged without me expecting them or prompting them to. In addition, I'd clearly lay out my attitude on the subject in relation to tact regarding peoples' personal privacy and respecting it.

Either way, whatever the intentions of the person who you went on a date with, I think most people would agree that the guy is quite the douche bag.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
When I am seeing somebody as a candidate, I want to know as much about them as possible. I would have asked this questions BEFORE the first date. But I am also very charasmatic and know how to charm out the answers people feel uncomfortable talking about. I would never talk about something if the other person felt uncomfortable. But if I make you comfortable, watch out. haha

·
Registered
116 Posts
Either this is a joke or there is a clear reason why your status is 'single.'

:tongue:

When I am seeing somebody as a candidate, I want to know as much about them as possible. I would have asked this questions BEFORE the first date. But I am also very charasmatic and know how to charm out the answers people feel uncomfortable talking about. I would never talk about something if the other person felt uncomfortable. But if I make you comfortable, watch out. haha

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks I have a sense of humor.
Oh, I think we all understand that it's stated in humor on your part. It's a question of whether or not it's actually funny!

:bored:

Just messing with you! I think we're officially starting amateur comedy hour in the INFJ forum.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
It's a practical question...

·
Registered
116 Posts
He got you there ertertwert!!!:crazy: INFJ's are funny people!!!:crazy:
Problem is that he got 'OH SNAPPED!' by one of those doe-eyd INFP types, so we're still not sure if INFJ's are all that funny. The verdict is still out and we're awaiting conclusive evidence.

*TAPS FOOT AND WHISTLES*

:shocked:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts