Personality Cafe banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend who is an ESTJ.
He's a huge approval junkie. He makes a lot of self depreciating comments when he doubts himself so others will contradict him, really pines for appreciation and recognition for what he does and gets emotional and hurt really easily when he isn't.

Is that very ESTJ? He's very young, so does that affect his behavior?

*Urh I haven't posted in PerC for ages*

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
To be honest, that probably has more to do with age, maturity, self-confidence, and the enneagram (if you're looking for an answer from personality typing).

Reactions: teddy564339

·
Registered
451 Posts
I can only speak for myself but I've never done this.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Well, as my former boss used to say, no one outgrows their need for a little praise. Everyone likes a little appreciation, but it does sound like your friend is going a little overboard. That pesky little "nurture" aspect at work, I suspect...

Reactions: teddy564339

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
To be honest, that probably has more to do with age, maturity, self-confidence, and the enneagram (if you're looking for an answer from personality typing).
I do think this is true.

However, I've never known an ESTJ to do this. It sounds much more Fe than Te to me. If I had to guess, I would guess that this person may be an ESFJ.

But that's based only on this one little bit of information. If you have a lot of reasons to think he's an ESTJ, then it's probably just more of a personal thing for him.

Reactions: iemanja and KJo

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've known a couple of ESTJ's to do this, they were young and immature though, I suspect as they get older and/or deal with this kind of behaviour in others they'll outgrow it...Most mature ESTJ's that I meet rarely seek recognition in that way, though, they do want recognition/attention....A LOT! And if they don't get it, it would seem, you have a cranky and needy ESTJ on your hands.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.