Personality Cafe banner

Arachnophobia and Type

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
I'm not really afraid of spiders unless they are coming too close to me. intp.

·
Registered
26,827 Posts
I'm an INTP.

I don't mind spiders as long as they keep away from me and don't go all over me or anything. I do tend to develop mild arachnophobia at night sometimes, due to an overactive imagination, but I leave spiders alone so long as they leave me alone.

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm an INTP.

I don't mind spiders as long as they keep away from me and don't go all over me or anything. I do tend to develop mild arachnophobia at night sometimes, due to an overactive imagination, but I leave spiders alone so long as they leave me alone.
At times, when I awake, I believe that a stuffed nose is due to a spider having made a bed out of my nostril.

·
Registered
26,827 Posts
At times, when I awake, I believe that a stuffed nose is due to a spider having made a bed out of my nostril.
I used to do this thing where in the middle of the night I would wake up and be scared of spiders so much that barely moved. I was worried that spiders would grab me with a big long leg if I left a room, or that they were hiding in my bed, that sort of thing.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I'm an ENFP and I love spiders. Blame Charlotte's Web and Anansi stories. :happy:

4,757 Posts
INFP and a complete arachnophobe.

Daddy Long-Legs are the worst motherfucking things on the planet. Huntsmen come in second.:crying:

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I often wondered if type figured in this. Wondered in my case if it might be Trickster Se or something, but I have not yet seen any consistent pattern regarding how other types take them.

With me, it's just the shape, for some reason. Almost all legs, can easily "get" you.
Probably started when young from witnessing others' (most likely my mother) reaction to them, and probably during camping trips (we also had a ot of daddy longlegs (harvestmen, and actually a different species of arachnid) under rocks in the back yard).
Never liked webs either.

I can look at them, but hate finding one loose, nearby, or especially, being called to get rid of one (and these are wispy house spidesrs, mind you; not the truly horrible bigger ones). Again, the shape and the way they move is hideous.

I always did like the tiny pinhead sized jumping spiders, that appear to fly when you put your finger near them. They are small and compact enough not to look so hideous.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I sorta like spiders but I wouldn't like to have larger one crawling on me. They are fun to observe from a distance (of at least one foot) :crazy:

Type: INTJ

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
INTJ.. moderate aracnophobe. Just thinking about it creeps me out.
I down scrolled with MUCH caution in case someone decided to be an asshole about it. >_>

·
MOTM June 2010
2,507 Posts
I don't fear them, but I don't care for them. Although this is most likely not type related among a plethora of other things, I have said for years people who prefer intuition seem to have phobias and people preferring sensing appear superstitious.

·
Banned
818 Posts
I'm terrified of spiders but don't have a problem with any other type of bug, or even mice or rats.

I would have voted but not sure if I'm ENFP or ENTP.

·
Registered
131 Posts
No, not one bit. I've even "disposed of" scorpions.

INTJ

·
Registered
180 Posts
Im an ENFP. No need to make a poll about my type.

PS: Im well aware of topic.:tongue:

Reactions: FiNe SiTe

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I put "Unsure." I score as INFP.

I put unsure because, I am not scared enough to not kill the bastards... I live in the country and in the past I have woken up with 10+ bites from when I was asleep. I have also been always checking what was underneath boards and other objects outside for black widows and other poisons spiders before I pick them up. So I am not without fear of them. I just don't know if I have a normal amount of fear or not.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts