Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get some examples of each enneagram subtype. Some Fictional ones are preferable since they fit the archetypes easiest especially if they're well-known but real examples are great too. Pitch in, this sounds fun and also potentially educational? If you can, post a video or something with your examples. If you're unaware about the 27 subtypes, look up Naranjo's, Ichazo's, Beatrice's, w.e.

Self-Preservation One: "Worry. Obsession about details, about getting it right, fussy someone who never
ceases to check and double-check ("Will enough people come to the banquet?" "Will the car have
enough gas?"). Covert anger, covert death wishes (e.g., if your son is late, anger gets translated by
reaction formation into "I was so concerned!")."

Example: Rabbit from Winnie the Pooh. He's worrisome and fussy regarding reaching the ideal. Is the more OCD-like and perfectionistic One. Oneness is largely channeled through preserving his garden and home, making sure it's all perfect and that he lives an orderly lifestyle.

This video perfectly shows his SP Oneness. I can't imagine a better fictional Sp One than Rabbit:

"Fun? Did you say fun? This is a party. Who said anything about fun?". Hahaha.

Wish I had an example for each one to better differentiate them. I feel like Byakuya from Bleach is either So 1 or So 6 but I can't think of any Sx Ones.

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
4s

Self Preservation 4: Jon Snow (Game of Thrones)

Social 4: Mulan (Mulan)

Sexual 4: Maria Callas

Reactions: cir

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
5s

Self Preservation 5: Scrooge McDuck

Social 5: *Mark Zuckerburg (The Social Network)

Sexual 5: Johnny Depp

*the real Mark Zuckerburg is likely Social 5 as well

·
Beer Guardian
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ
16,491 Posts
Yeah, but Mark Zuckerburg is sort of borderline Aspie too, isn't he?

Reactions: Entropic

·
Banned
17,781 Posts

Self Preservation 6: Doug Funny

Social 6: Captain America

Sexual 6: Ichigo Kurosaki

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
7s

Self Preservation 7: Saul Goodman (Breaking Bad)

Sexual 7: Beth (The Walking Dead)

Social 7: Mother Teresa

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
Self Preservation 8: Teresa of the Faint Smile (Claymore)

Sexual 8: Captain Barbossa (Pirates of the Carribean)

Social 8: Esmeralda (The Hunchback of Notre Dame)

·
Beer Guardian
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ
16,491 Posts
I thought Cap was a 1.

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
@cir
close. Self Preservation 2 (less dangerous siren, more "daddy's little girl")
@tanstaafl28
nope. 1s are about principles. Captain America is all about security and duty and is compliant to an external authority rather than his own principles. he is an archetypal "trooper" Social 6

·
Registered
18,510 Posts
Ichigo is not a 6, at least not the current portrayal of his character, which I daresay is much more relevant given that this how he is now, as opposed to how he used to be. Very clearly a sp/sx 4w5. Can't find a good video so tl;dr either you catch up with the story or you won't but it's bad using Ichigo as an example of a type archetype when he has changed so much in terms of characterization. He currently is far more likely to be something 496 than a 6. Far more defined by his sense of image and emotional reality than he is anxiety.

I also know that you think Barbossa is a good example of sx 8 but I think he is actually a very poor choice and does not at all represent type 8 well, if at all. He may represent your idea of the type, but he does not imo, actually represent the type. Barbossa is not even necessarily an 8.

·
Registered
ENTP 3w4 so/sx
2,889 Posts

Self Preservation 6: Doug Funny

Social 6: Captain America

Sexual 6: Ichigo Kurosaki

Even though Doug's a wimp, I'll agree with sp 6.
I also think any Woody Allen character and George Costanza are sp 6 types.
As for counterphobic sp 6, Liam Nesson's character from "Taken" comes to mind.

Jack Bauer is a 6-fixed sp/sx 8.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts