Personality Cafe banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
title says all, what do you think? It's not something that bothers me, since 7 women can be enchanting, but beyond our seduction, have you noticed.... any kind of treatment... guys?

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
This is something I've wondered about. We tend to laud male characters/people are key examples of our type (Peter Pan, the Doctor, Robin Williams...Jim Carrey, Russell Brand) and I think it has to do with stereotypical ideas of masculinity/femininity. Sevens are assertive and sometimes even aggressive (especially 7w8) which is generally seen as a masculine trait. A lot of descriptions of type 7 kind of highlight brashness and lack of an emotional response - which imo is a super simplistic view of type 7, but it also serves to highlight the "masculine" side of type 7.

7 women can be enchanting, yes, but I think it's easy to be accepted in any community as a woman if that's the only thing about yourself you're presenting to be viewed. We are so much more than that seductive quality... but yes, I think in certain situations, we find ourselves getting shut down more than our male counterparts. I don't know how much this has to do with being a female 7, and how much it has to do with being female in general.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
I would say, yes, but I have nothing to support my opinion.

It also depends on the society in which one is raised, I guess. For example, a 7 in Europe might find it easier to get by with her 7-ness rather than, say, in the middle-east.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I don't know. I was always really well received; especially by men. :)

I always had an even split of male and female friends.

I think it depends on what circles you run in, and like @Vergil mentioned, what country or society you reside in. I personally have not experienced this though.

Reactions: Lord Bullingdon

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
I don't know. I was always really well received; especially by men. :)

I always had an even split of male and female friends.

I think it depends on what circles you run in, and like @Vergil mentioned, what country or society you reside in. I personally have not experienced this though.
Yeah, see that's not all that I'm saying.

I really do believe that NT 7s would be at an overall disadvantage due to the weaker morality focus (weak/lack of Fi) or weaker social appropriateness (weak/lack of Fe). NT with any of the following types - 5 (the uber-brain), 7 (irreverence for convention and one-upping), 8 (constant guarding against vulnerability) [overall difficulty with feelings] - is as close to antithetical to womanliness as it gets. It is simply too jarring to spot the exceptions and not have a reaction to it. Some love it, some hate it. But the no. of haters is what varies with society. There will likely be more haters out in the Middle East than, say, in Australia.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Yeah, see that's not all that I'm saying.

I really do believe that NT 7s would be at an overall disadvantage due to the weaker morality focus (weak/lack of Fi) or weaker social appropriateness (weak/lack of Fe). NT with any of the following types - 5 (the uber-brain), 7 (irreverence for convention and one-upping), 8 (constant guarding against vulnerability) [overall difficulty with feelings] - is as close to antithetical to womanliness as it gets. It is simply too jarring to spot the exceptions and not have a reaction to it. Some love it, some hate it. But the no. of haters is what varies with society. There will likely be more haters out in the Middle East than, say, in Australia.
That's exactly what I thought you meant, (lol). But thanks for extending your explanation.

Reactions: Kisshoten

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
People accept me in a non-acceptance, "Oh, that's just [Impavidus]" kind of way :tongue:

As a 5'10" (1.78m) female INTJ 7w8, I don't think I will ever be described as enchanting. Intimidating, enigmatic, eccentric...maybe inspiring. Definitely NOT enchanting :laughing:

My personality and my interests are just so inherently unfeminine that it's impossible for me not to be jarring to people. As @Vergil said, some people love that and are intrigued by it. Some people are terrified by it.

If I were male I would still be considered a bit of an odd duck, but I don't think it would be quite so much of a stretch for people to wrap their brains around me.

·
Registered
ESTp-SLE, ESTP, 7w8?
1,367 Posts
7w8 women, yes. 7w6 women, no. I can see 7w6 women as the quirky fun-loving and popular people while us 7w8s are intimidating and 'mannish'.

At least that's how I see it from a basic overview. All id types seem less accepted in women. Except for 3s. I think they get away with it.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im a 7w6 and I have to watch myself, because a lot of people are intimidated by me. I can easily become "mannish" but I suppose thats my 8 in me.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Interesting. I think this could go different ways. Often, I think 7 women can get brushed off as airheads and ditzes, or even sluts and teases and flirts. At the same time though, those are kind of qualities that a woman can pull off and it seems charming and cute and fun IF she's attractive enough. For the most part, I think a 7 man could act just about the same as a 7 woman and not get that negative reputation. Instead they'd be called charismatic and versatile and innovative. But at the same time I could also see a 7 man earning his fair share of scorn as a player who can't commit, or someone who needs to get a job and get his shit together.

Overall, I honestly don't think of 7 as a particularly masculine or feminine type (if anything, sevens are probably one of the most gender neutral types, in that there are probably about an equal number of male and female sevens, and I've seen some data to support this), even 7w8, so if sevens WERE to be more accepted if male, then IMO it wouldn't be because of undesirable masculine traits of the female 7 like other responses have suggested so much as the fact that just by being female (especially if outgoing), you're more likely to be seen as silly and inconsequential with nothing to contribute, so being a 7 just adds fuel to the fire. That fun loving, goofy, spontaneous quality sevens have sometimes causes us to be underestimated, especially women.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts