Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every ENFP I've ever met has had a deeply intense connection with music, including myself. And this means music in any variety. I mean really deeply intense. Rap counts as much as Broadway or classical in this case, but usually its the more melodic music types that the ENFPs I know tend to be drawn to.

Then again, this thread may be superfluous now that I think about all the threads we have that end up as mass posts of youtube links to music we like.... :dry:

Ah well, tell me how deeply you love music ENFPs! :laughing:

·
Registered
321 Posts
No fear, friend, you shall see no Youtube posts from me. I really don't like those. Most of the time, I really can't be arsed listening/watching something that goes for over a minute. What can I say, I have little attention span... or I'm just an impatient arsehole deep down!

Anywho.

I really love music. I'm not biased towards any genres. There has to be at least one good song in every genre... I mean, come on! There's tons of shit music in my favourite genres! Not all of it is good and not all is bad. Music nurses the soul, whether the soul be hurting or not! It lengthens and broadens emotions... it make you feel happier, sadder or angrier.

Music is such a unique thing... how can one not treasure it?

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
I can't imagine a life without music. I myself am a drummer, and have a great love for music. If I can relate to the lyrics, the better it is. I have to say I'm pretty big Ozzy Osbourne fan, but by no means does that mean I only listen to heavy metal. Amongst my friends, I'm known as the guy with the "obscenely large" iTunes library. At current check, it stands at 70.89Gb, and would take me 35.4 days to play it all in continuity to the end. However, I don't see how people can live without music. I love a good beat, I love to dance, I love a good sing along, and as a poet, I enjoy writing something lyrical, be it an ode or just a simple song...

Also, I use my music to mirror my mood, if I'm in a very hyper mood, I'll be happily into my hardcore dance stuff (think Deadmau5 here), if a little soulful, I'll migrate to Stevie Wonder etc, and I love Hindi and Panjabi music too, because lyrically speaking, I don't think they can easily be bettered.

As Shakespeare himself said in Twelfth Night "If music be the food of love..."

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I don't think I can live without music either. I love all types of music (I'm in the multiple hard drive territory and have hundreds of vinyls). I tend to be closest to instrumental music rather than music with lyrics, perhaps I just love the ambiguity of it, and the fact music is very much a language on its own. I love, love, love improvisation and playing with others that have the same philosophy. I view music very close to be sex to be honest, as the beauty comes from letting your mind go, and instinctual communication and creativity of it.

I myself am a drummer...I love Hindi and Panjabi music
Awesome! One of my favorite musicians is Zakir Hussain, and had the privilege to see him with John Mclaughlin and Shakti 5 years ago. It is probably in my top 5 concerts I have ever seen, and for me this is a tremendous compliment.

Reactions: Paradox1987

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Is anyone NOT drawn to music. At least some type? Seriously I want to know???? :crazy:

I definitely prefer melodic stuff to just stuff with a hard beat. I love music in my genres of preference and come alive when I'm in the musical theatre atmosphere (I love seeing shows and have done several community theatre productions myself) but sometimes I feel like I like music less than most. Most poeple I know can and need to have music in the ears 24/7. There are plenty of times when just the sound of birds chirping or the dryer humming or nothing at all is perfectly lovely. :mellow:

·
His Majesty
12,625 Posts
Music affects me to the point where it bonds with my imagination. I'll sometimes play imaginative music videos in my head according to the song I'm listening to:crazy:. All the little nuances, sounds and emotions are what I like to catch in the music. When I was a boy, just to be different from my brothers I used to say I didn't like music (I actually did but I was in denial:unsure:). So I didn't listen to it on a regular basis until my late teenage years (17+). So I'm still broadening my musical scope and my tastes are growing. I'm starting to find indie music more fascinating. But I still stick to my trance, house, techno, euro-dance etc.:cool:

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Awesome! One of my favorite musicians is Zakir Hussain, and had the privilege to see him with John Mclaughlin and Shakti 5 years ago. It is probably in my top 5 concerts I have ever seen, and for me this is a tremendous compliment.
Shakti as in the '80's legends Shakti? Of Lus Lus Karde Ang fame?! That is AWESOME!! They played at my cousin's wedding years back! They were one of my favourite bhangra artists back in the day!! Zakir Hussain is actually immense! It's rare for me to encounter other lovers of the music of the Subcontinent :happy::laughing:

Reactions: Agile

·
Registered
689 Posts
WTF?
PEOPLE are inherently drawn to music.

Look at the human affinity for music.
Drum circles, dance, movement, becoming ONE with the sound.
FUCK, even NATURE has an affinity for music.

The way the moon sets, the sun rises, the tides roll and the birds chirp show the NEED for rhythm and melody for anything to even BE.

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
As my name proceeds me I am a hardstyle techno junkie I love my bass kicking electric drum beats. But don't get me wrong but I love othe techno as well as well as metal,alternative ect I have approximately 29 gigs of music on my iPhone but I have 40.74 gigs on my harddrive I love my music I'm attached to it's mood to mirror my mood as someone said above

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
WTF?
PEOPLE are inherently drawn to music.

Look at the human affinity for music.
Drum circles, dance, movement, becoming ONE with the sound.
FUCK, even NATURE has an affinity for music.

The way the moon sets, the sun rises, the tides roll and the birds chirp show the NEED for rhythm and melody for anything to even BE.
Ok fair point, but I figure if anyone's gonna be really outspoken about their ALL ENCOMPASSING LOVE for music, it would prolly be the ENFPs, though I'm sure everyone does have a love of music.... hmmm

Leads me to a question, Do you guys think that ENFPs are MORE musical than any other type? Even slightly?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Ok fair point, but I figure if anyone's gonna be really outspoken about their ALL ENCOMPASSING LOVE for music, it would prolly be the ENFPs, though I'm sure everyone does have a love of music.... hmmm
Um, no.
I'm an ISTP and I'll bust a move like no other.
I love the feeling of flowing with music, letting it take me over and move my body. Letting go of thought and just being.

The way I do it is just different than you. I hear the sound, then let my Se+Ni+Fe take over. I want to communicate a message of the music. Let my body be the Rosetta Stone for what it is that the music is doing to my mind.

Leads me to a question, Do you guys think that ENFPs are MORE musical than any other type? Even slightly?
No.
I think that's a matter of the individual.
The Ne+Fi allows you to take things in a certain way. It's not a stronger affinity. It's not indicative of talent. It's just a different way of doing things.

High-five for being an ENFP though.
I'm so happy for you.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Shakti as in the '80's legends Shakti? Of Lus Lus Karde Ang fame?! That is AWESOME!! They played at my cousin's wedding years back! They were one of my favourite bhangra artists back in the day!! Zakir Hussain is actually immense! It's rare for me to encounter other lovers of the music of the Subcontinent :happy::laughing:
Hmm.. I haven't heard of Lus Lus Karde Ang so I'm don't think so - but I should have a look see! I got into Classical Indian from a jazz fusion angle. John Mclaughlin left Miles Davis, traveled to India and formed Shakti with Zakir in '72. They reunited 5 years ago and the show made me check my pants. Here is an example:

Dance of Happiness

·
Registered
177 Posts
Everyone loves music and if they don't, then they're crazy, because everything that we exist within is music, from the roaring oceans, singing birds, thunderstorms, wind, rain, waterfalls. We live in melody and nature responds to life's rhythm - dancing butterflies and stars. Even our hearts are a drumming beat that pounds in tempo to a particular emotion, relaying to your soul a different song and as for musical compositions, they haunt your soul, especially the songs that we cherish the most.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Um, no.
I'm an ISTP and I'll bust a move like no other.
I love the feeling of flowing with music, letting it take me over and move my body. Letting go of thought and just being.

The way I do it is just different than you. I hear the sound, then let my Se+Ni+Fe take over. I want to communicate a message of the music. Let my body be the Rosetta Stone for what it is that the music is doing to my mind.

No.
I think that's a matter of the individual.
The Ne+Fi allows you to take things in a certain way. It's not a stronger affinity. It's not indicative of talent. It's just a different way of doing things.

High-five for being an ENFP though.
I'm so happy for you.
Oki oki mr. ISTP, u win:tongue: Everyone loves music and its determined by the individual! Your logic impeccably trounced me:wink:

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
I just know I've devoted my life to music and make a living off of music. Everything I do requires music, I teach music, I teach to music, and my college degree is in music performance.

I was born a musical being. Musicians and music teachers know what it means when we say someone is "musical".

I'm a dancer, singer, conductor, piano player, composer, and I do outreach for the arts (music emphasis). If you were to ask me what is my favorite music, I wouldn't be able to tell you. I've studied classical, but have performend Jazz, gospel, and other venues. Beethoven is my favorite lover and composer.

I almost doubled majored in music anthropology. I love hindustani and karnatic music. Also, I LOVE tribal African music. Did someone say Ravi Shankar? How about Nusrat Fateh Ali Kahn? Awesome.

But don't get me pegged by any genre. My love for music flows over into dance. I shake it house style. I lose myself in it. I've taught hip hop but Samba is my favorite dance. Also, I love Argentine Tango and Salsa.

Perhaps we should see what types actually major in music in college? I know in the opera and musical theater department it's mostly ENFP and ENFJs. Most of my voice students are ENFPs and ENFJs. But I know my percussionist ex who was also a colleague was an ISTP.

Music, music, music. I love music. Lalalalalalalala............

·
Registered
117 Posts
Music affects me to the point where it bonds with my imagination. I'll sometimes play imaginative music videos in my head according to the song I'm listening to:crazy:. All the little nuances, sounds and emotions are what I like to catch in the music. When I was a boy, just to be different from my brothers I used to say I didn't like music (I actually did but I was in denial:unsure:). So I didn't listen to it on a regular basis until my late teenage years (17+). So I'm still broadening my musical scope and my tastes are growing. I'm starting to find indie music more fascinating. But I still stick to my trance, house, techno, euro-dance etc.:cool:
OH MY GOD I DO THAT TOO!

I play imaginative MVs in my head, direct new ones, imagine concerts with me playing those songs, imagine the mood, the lights, the people! :DDDDDDDDDDDD

1 - 20 of 30 Posts