Personality Cafe banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've found that ISTJ's tend to love this kind of shit.

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
I'm not an accountant, but I do most of my books for my business, in house. I've found that I'm better at it than most accountants I've hired. :frustrating:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Come January, after the Holidays, I enjoy looking through all my records so I can start filing my tax returns.

Reactions: niss

·
Registered
139 Posts
I've always been pretty good with math and things but I care too little about money to enjoy accounting and am usually pretty bored with it in general. Surprisingly, I've always enjoyed studying more abstract subjects such as literature, theology, and psychology. I enjoy starting with solid facts and branching out from them to see where things go from there. :cool:

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I plan to be an accountant--I'm going to get a masters degree in accounting after I've graduated from college, and then hopefully do tax accounting. I like the logical structure of accounting (though I can't really see myself being an auditor.) For some reason I always liked law, so I think tax is up my ally.

I'm also a math major, though I don't get quite as much pleasure out of math. Sometimes writing proofs and solving problems is fun, though math can also cause me a great deal of anxiety (always worried whether I'll be able to figure something out or not). Math is pretty difficult and I don't see myself being able to make a career out of math (unless I were to be a high school or community college teacher) because I don't think I'm good enough.

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
I've always been pretty good with math and things but I care too little about money to enjoy accounting and am usually pretty bored with it in general. Surprisingly, I've always enjoyed studying more abstract subjects such as literature, theology, and psychology. I enjoy starting with solid facts and branching out from them to see where things go from there. :cool:
I agree with you as far as interests go. I do find that I have an aptitude for accounting, but it is not my favorite past time. More of a necessary evil that I pay to have other people mess up and then end up going back into the books and correcting myself. Ugh!

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
My ISTJ sister is an auditor at an international accounting firm.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I agree with you as far as interests go. I do find that I have an aptitude for accounting, but it is not my favorite past time. More of a necessary evil that I pay to have other people mess up and then end up going back into the books and correcting myself. Ugh!
Same here, a necessary evil. I can do it but don't like accountancy.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Lol...math is our perfect partner...yet we all hate it. :crazy:
Mhmm...I guess since we're not ACTUALLY robots we have to rebel against that mindset somehow. ;)

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
ISTJ mom is a postmaster in quite a large office. Math is a big thing in her job, especially since in tha last few years the postal service has gotten really uptight.

·
Registered
9,420 Posts
It appears you're good at geometry, though :tongue:
LOL!!! Oddly enough, I did quite well in geometry back when I took it in high school. It was algebra that always gave me fits.

I barely (and by barely I mean by like ... 6 points) passed it in high school, so when I ended up with a "B" in college algebra it was one of the few times that I couldn't help myself and cried tears of joy/relief/accomplishment in public (my final grade was posted immediately after I took my final exam and I had to go straight to work afterward).

... and never let it be said that we ISTJ's don't have a sense of humor, as evidenced by my avatar that you so keenly noticed :crazy: :tongue:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts