Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
ENFP-A
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have another ENFP friend/significant other that they're very emotionally close to?
I was speaking to an INFJ earlier today and she wanted to know my experience of depth with ENFPs...Except I couldn't really find anything. I had two ENFP guy friends but we were never that emotionally close and I've lost touch with them. I went on two dates with an ENFP girl once, it was a lot of fun but there was zero chemistry.

I feel like we ENFPs are such "independent agents" that two of us becoming emotionally close is difficult. I really like many of the ENFPs here and I PM some of you for discussions and advice. But again, we're so self-sufficient there's not the depth I've felt with some other NTs and NFs of different types.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
15,338 Posts
I met my first enfp this year ! Hes very easy to talk to and it's almost odd to see how we're so similar with one another - instant connection. I felt like hes a good friend( hes my teacher aide) and we can talk on for hours :)
I'm also close with many enfps online

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Moby

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have met 3 ENFPs just this year. I very much liked the 2 females but felt no connection with the male. The male seemed very un-ENFPish to me. They are all casual acquaintances.

I didn't pursue a closer relationship with the females since one actually lived in a different city and she was just visiting while the other was not very detail orientated and I have no idea how I can contact her again.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I don't have ENFP friends but I know couple among my colleagues - easy to get along but I have no closer connection to them. It's not their fault (and neither mine) in any ways - I probably have closer emotional connection with only so many people you can count on fingers of one hand if even that much :) So other people regardless of their type maybe could perceive some distance in me too - I don't actually know - but I'm curious why that's so (I don't keep distance with people around me and I consider myself being open, not shy or closed)?

Could be that I probably don't have enough need to have many people around me or create many new connections thus just don't put much effort into that. I've heard similar from one girl I know who identified herself as ENFP - she said she never had any friends, doesn't trust anybody but herself and is a totally independent "loner" but feels totally okay with that :)

There's one idea which came to my mind: while I feel many of us here in PerC are quite similar, we often discuss the ideas from our personal subjective experiences. Just a guess but might be that any other ENFP in reality sees some disconnection from us due to that as they act similar ways too? Maybe they sense some "selfishness" in that? Who knows :)

·
Registered
573 Posts
From all people so far I've met in my faculty and some others. No Enfp besides me. Mostly Entps, Infps and Intps with some Infjs and Intjs and two Isfjs one Estp.

·
Registered
7,775 Posts
Right now ENFPs seem to be becoming my best friends. Two ExFPs too. Sometimes ESFPs come across like ENFPs to me and then I will say something very Ne and they will stare at me and say, “You don’t know that” or “Could that actually happen?” And actuslly I’m still not sure. There are so few S’s in my life that I still have a hard time telling, but that emotional core is the same, I recognize it.

A year ago when my boss was such a witch then the ExFPs are who I could trust to care about me and listen. We are a wonderful type. We truly support people in their needs I think and can understand their circumstances.

Another ENFP (she almost comes off as INFP— she seems sweeter than almost anyone... actually I think sometimes we can be much sweeter than INFPs (sorry INFPs) because we put ourselves in other’s shoes more and are more into those around us and will give more has wanted to be my friend and if I can pull her into my inner circle and if both of our circles allow then I will try to. She an adventurous hiker and tide pooler like me too! But I think I’m finding her inner wall some too— I want to help her with something and I found her independent streak. It feels like being not all the way accepted and I guess this is what other people find when they talk to me too. Lol

Anyway, yeah... I have 3 ExFPs who are the 3 people I feel closest to right now and it just formed or happened that way that this is who I can talk the best with.

My INFJ friend is driving me nuts because I can tell my extroversion scares her a bit. She’s pretty timid. Ahh well.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
From all people so far I've met in my faculty and some others. No Enfp besides me. Mostly Entps, Infps and Intps with some Infjs and Intjs and two Isfjs one Estp.
What are you studying? I'm sure I've got some ENFPs in my faculty(architecture), I befriended 2 of them, who interestingly enough also love the Chili Peppers. They follow different courses now. Aside from that, two childhood friends who I haven't seen in years.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I've dated an ENFP, have a best friend ENFP, and am close friends with quite a few. Enneagram plays a part. There's a lot of us out there. We make the world go around. Without us, the world would be a darker place.

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
The only problem when we're young is, we all like options, and that steps on toes sometimes...

Case Study: Party last night
Other ENFP wants me to be an option to be around all the time even though she talks to random people all the time. Me being me, I like making new friends and having various options too. I spend most of the party talking to other people. She later comes up to our main friendship group when we're all together and says "I just met a random group of people, and we're going out clubbing does anyone want to come?", I don't even want to go but our friendship group pushes me to be the one to go and look out for her since I'm close with her, so I go. She all of a sudden gets angry at me for coming and shouts at me because I came out when I hadn't talked to her all night (like what? we just spent a month consistently being with each other, I need to warm her up to hang out with her now?) even though I came to look out for her. Jesus Christ- I wasn't even pleased about leaving the party in the first place, but I'm showing loyalty and this is how I get treated.

Bear in mind, we talked earlier that same day. Oh and spent a lot of time together the day before. and the day before. and the day before.

But yeah, obviously this is when two stubborn younger ENFPs overlap obviously. I'm sure some of us are a little more laidback.

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
There are ENFPs everywhere! I dunno if I somehow just go to the highly ENFP populated areas and you guys don't or what.

The thing that you have to think about is that PerC has a particular breed of ENFP, even though we are all different on here we still all have a common ground in that we all dabble with psychology and have a curiosity in what makes either ourselves or others tick and chose PerC as a means of expressing that. I think because of that we're more likely to find a common ground here than other ENFPs we pass by.

I've known many ENFPs, some are incredibly contrasting to myself and we don't get on. Some do intentionally keep me at a distance to protect themselves whilst assuming a bubbly role. There is only really one ENFP that truly ended up being close to me and we connected on so many levels because we could really relate to one another (heck this is another ENFP that dabbled with MBTI before I met him so he's a part of our "breed" too). I don't think I'll settle down with an ENFP mostly because we all need a little counterbalance in our lives.

Reactions: Moby

·
Registered
121 Posts
I find it hard to connect with ENFP females...I don't know if it's because they remind me too much of myself. But I do have a close ENFP female friend and an ENFP male friend who I get along with really well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts