Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My chosen artistic medium is music. It means a lot to me. So I thought it would be fun to find out if there are any INFJ musicians here. It doesn't have to be professional to count, but something ongoing.

I am a singer, not professionally at the moment. I also play piano, but I don't have much patience for it. My voice is my instrument of choice usually.

How 'bout you? :cool:

Reactions: DreamerofDreams

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh most definitely!
I sing, play guitar, violin, piano, and a little bit of harp actually. If I'm not reading, I'm usually playing some instrument of some kind. :happy:
Cool! Do you ever perform?

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I sing, but not professional. I have sensitive hearing so I can catch all the notes and inflections

I usually sing while listening to my ipod while walking. It apparently makes for good cardio

I have taught myself how to sing with no training. I just sing because I like to

But apparently I'm the only one who thinks I'm any good :/

·
Registered
15 Posts
I will perform on occasion, but my nerves get the better of me most of the time. :unsure: Violin is my true love, so I perform in a lot of orchestras and chamber groups. It's easier for me in those situations, since it's such a large group. I do like writing songs for guitar and performing them for family and friends though. :happy:

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Love to sing and play the guitar. Have never performed infront of people because I just never thought I was good enough to be heard. If I had to crit myself, I would say I'm a better singer than I am a guitarist. I really wish I could play the guitar the way some other people do *sigh*. I can't compose my own songs worth crap LOL

At the end of last year, on a whim, I decided to post one a cover I did on my facebook... and a few weeks later I had a stranger at school walk up to me "Hey.. you're the girl who was singing and playing the guitar on facebook right? You're pretty good, that was really cool" It was so weird, considering that I set the privacy settings so only 'friends' could see it.

I would love to see some hear some of your music though~!

Reactions: soul searcher

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm pretty nervous about letting people hear me. I was in a band for a short while, but I got really nervous on stage. Sometimes my friends will have Karaoke parties where I sing, but I don't really consider that performing. I usually don't like the songs that are available for Karaoke anyway.

The only time I wasn't much nervous about performing is when my sister was next to me. We would sing together and she would play the piano. We complemented each other beautifully and it was nearly effortless most of the time. We live about 3 hours apart now though. I really miss making music with her.

Someday maybe I'll record something.

Reactions: Ethanol

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
I have played guitar for several years, though I am certainly no guitar virtuoso. Mostly I play for myself, as it gives me a fantastic sense of inner peace. I could probably use a few lessons. I cannot sing to save my life (except Bob Dylan covers in my car, and the occasional Toadies song...gotta love the Toadies!). I played open mike once, while some friends sang along.

I love jazz trumpet, but have never attempted to play it. This is definitely the instrument I would pick if I could play anything, though I do no longer have the drive to actually attempt to learn it.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I love music, I sing, Recorded a single even...
but eeerr, seems like Schooling has gotten the better of me now.
I was learning how to play the Violin, and the Guitar
had to drop it.

OOh well, i still sing and write songs. :happy:

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sort of like me. Life got in the way. I guess unless music is your chosen career it can really get put on the back burner. Especially after you get married and have kids!

·
Registered
180 Posts
I love music, and wish I could love it more because I don't have the patience/passion to really excel in it. I learned piano as a kid and I'm playing piano for church now :tongue: I used to play violin and viola too and I did a bit of guitar.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The cello is my instrument of choice, though I think more it chose me. My orchestra teacher in high school had a theory that all cellists are manic depressives and I tend to agree. I miss it, and wish I could still play but live in an apartment and there aren't really any local groups to join unless you are a professional. I also took piano lessons but that was to be like my sister and that was really her talent. I'd love to learn to play the saw, too.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
As a child I wanted so badly to learn how to play the violin, but my parents chose the piano for me. I hated it :crazy:

I still wish I could play the violin :sad:

·
Registered
543 Posts
The cello is my instrument of choice, though I think more it chose me. My orchestra teacher in high school had a theory that all cellists are manic depressives and I tend to agree. I miss it, and wish I could still play but live in an apartment and there aren't really any local groups to join unless you are a professional. I also took piano lessons but that was to be like my sister and that was really her talent. I'd love to learn to play the saw, too.
Everytime i think of the Cello, a scene of a James Bond movie, keeps replaying in my head, 'It's just a cello!, Cello! (echo) Cello! (echo)'
Since then I've always loved to see people play it.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I muck about on my son's electric guitar - wouldn't call it playing though......

I like the technical/electronics side as well - wierd effects boxes etc

I find it a very good way to take your mind off things

·
Registered
294 Posts
My mom started me on piano in first grade, and the lessons continued through 5th grade, at which point I joined my middle school orchestra playing the cello. I also took violin lessons in 4th and 5th grade, but when I switched to cello I dropped violin-- can't play it at all now, I'm too used to cello. I also took voice lessons my four years in high school.

Voice is certainly my most readily available instrument, and so I sing a lot. And I like to think I'm good at it (heck, I know I am). If there was one instrument, though, that I would wish to develop my skill in more, it is the piano. There is such a shortage of good piano players out there these days.

·
Registered
294 Posts
My orchestra teacher in high school had a theory that all cellists are manic depressives and I tend to agree.
Sometimes, I do wonder...haha.

I miss it, and wish I could still play but live in an apartment
Why should this stop you? Talk to your neighbors and see if they mind you playing once in a while. Heck, I'd LOVE it if any of my apartment neighbors played an instument (except, perhaps, drums) and I could listen through the walls...

We have a piano in our apartment, which I play at least a few times a week (always during daytime hours). My neighbors have all commented that they love it when I play.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts