Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you find that most people once they think they know you find you annoying? Because you might come across as attention seeking and self centred? Do our jokes at ourselves just seem to put people off? Or does the whole world, just not get us?
How do we put ourselves across so that this dosent happen.
Meeting people often is for me a fleeting thing, my friendships are inconstant and distant.Why can't I find someone who I connect with on a spiritual level?
Please don't put ''cos we don't care' because if i know myself I truely do care about these things more than people would guess.
Are ENFPs just annoying?:frustrating:

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Anyone can be annoying if you get overexposed to them. I personally find ENTP's much more annoying than ENFP's.... In fact, here's a quote that describes ENTP's quite well... "Those who think they know everything are of great annoyance to those of us that do" -Isaac Asimov. Seriously, they think they are way smarter than they are.....

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm not annoying, but I know two other ENFPs who bug the shit out of me. They can never get their life on track and are always soo "dreamy". and so am I, but I at least START something. They just start it in their heads and never get around to it. And after me giving them tons of support, and seeing them do nothing, is just frustrating. They're also annoying because they won't shut the hell up at times. The one ENFP is constantly the source of his own drama with his crazy tantrums, and he could easily get away from the situation that angers him so much if he followed through with his life plans. And the other one is always wanting to be pitied for his disabilities (which I'm sure he only has because he's convinced himself he has them.. ) and he defines himself as his label (he's gay) and it's incredibly annoying how he fits into that cookie cutter mold of flamboyancy. As in, extremely loud, talks all feminine, etc. They're also both bipolar =/

·
Registered
587 Posts
Do you find that most people once they think they know you find you annoying? Because you might come across as attention seeking and self centred? Do our jokes at ourselves just seem to put people off? Or does the whole world, just not get us?
How do we put ourselves across so that this dosent happen.
Meeting people often is for me a fleeting thing, my friendships are inconstant and distant.Why can't I find someone who I connect with on a spiritual level?
Please don't put ''cos we don't care' because if i know myself I truely do care about these things more than people would guess.
Are ENFPs just annoying?:frustrating:
Depending on the context, any type could find any other type completely annoying.....or people might be just having a bad day. I don't know at what life stage you are at but as I have gained life experience I have been able to hone my environmental scanning abilities to tone myself down to certain people thus not exposing my true annoying self until they are ready for it :laughing:

As for having deep, meaningful connections that touch your soul and pull you on a completely different path...these are very rare occurences and should be honoured when they do occur....it takes time and a few mistakes to be able to learn to trust your instincts.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Anyone can be annoying if you get overexposed to them. I personally find ENTP's much more annoying than ENFP's.... In fact, here's a quote that describes ENTP's quite well... "Those who think they know everything are of great annoyance to those of us that do" -Isaac Asimov. Seriously, they think they are way smarter than they are.....
I have to disagree. ENTP's are actually pretty smart. I happen to know one that has a fantastic way with words. He would've made a good lawyer...
Not saying they have anything on ENFP's though!
:wink:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I used to be loud and obnoxious at a more insecure point in my life. It amazes me that I had as many friends, but looking back and thinking of how I used to be...I'm annoyed! :tongue: As for now, I have my moments but no I don't think I'm too bad. Everyone is sometimes.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I'm no ENFP but I'm pretty good friends with one and I don't think she's annoying at all... I think she's the least annoying person I know actually... more like the one of the most interesting. One of the few people I can have a conversation with and not get bored. I love ENFPs :D

·
Registered
113 Posts
The more emotionally and mentally hale an ENFP, the less annoying. I know I've come off as a groundless loud boor, and I know others who've come off that way. A lot of it has to do with insecurity. But for those ENFPs who are doing all right, from an emotional/mental standpoint, they know where the boundaries lie, they have self-motivation, and they don't come off as dreamy blabbermouths.

At least in my experience.

However, I'm not in the best of states myself, and I doubt things will improve significantly over the next few weeks. Or months. So take my words with a salt shaker.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Yes. We are the masters of being annoying. :D (from time to time)

Reactions: Jonah Hall

·
Banned
1,105 Posts
I have very limited experience with ENFP's in person. From what I've seen, no, ENFP's are not annoying. They're actually really good at keeping me on my toes.

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
I have very limited experience with ENFP's in person. From what I've seen, no, ENFP's are not annoying. They're actually really good at keeping me on my toes.
I lamer terms that means manipulating.

·
Registered
76 Posts
abitsilly:

To begin with, don't squelch your personality to suit others. It's a tragic waste of time and energy. An ENFP can intuitively understand anyone on a profound level. This comes so naturally, it's confusing when no one can do so in return. Confusion soon turns to frustration, and you find yourself over analyzing every facet of your interactions. This leads to insecurity, which in turn will actually stifle your behavior into awkward behavior.

You're a magnificent creature of boundless potential. Just genuinely be yourself and people will gravitate around you. Personally, the people I enjoy the company of most have been my friends for years. Meaningful bonds are built, not granted. So stop worrying and enjoy the company of others, knowing it will develop into what you've longed for.

---

NyankoLove: They probably bug the shizzle out of you because they cast an highly exaggerated reflection of your own shortcomings. You make an effort to buckle down and start things, but it probably isn't as much as you'd like to be doing. So in a roundabout way, you're being self-critical.

---

Aiam: Well put.

On not being in the best of states... I had a very turbulent upbringing, and have been to nine funerals in the past five years for people I cared deeply about. Otherwise, horrible, exploding high stress events have been relentless. Always after a brief calm there is a merciless storm. My point being: Take it from me when I say, there is never an ideal time to be at your best. You either seize it or you don't.

---

MikeAngell: There is a difference between manipulation and encouragement. Call it semantics, if you'd like, but you cannot argue the outcome. Also, as an ENFP, I have a strong distaste for manipulation. 1.) Ethically. 2.) The ability comes at such an ease, the whole methodical process seems pathetic to me. It's like kicking a puppy just because you can. I'm willing to gamble that the same sentiments apply to most ENFPs.

---

Being new to the board, I may have overstepped myself ironically in a thread about coming across as annoying. If so... Oops. Ha, ha, ha. Though if I was off target in any replies, don't be shy---let me know. I like feedback.

Kind regards,

Helter Skelter

·
Banned
207 Posts
Honestly yes - at moments - but what person isn't 'annoying'? Everybody has their 'annoying' side.

I haven't yet met one person who doesn't 'annoy' - you can be annoying is many ways - being too quiet, too loud, too picky, too happy, too sad, too stupid, too smart, too sporty, too weak, etc, etc.

There's always going to be something 'annoying'.

Though I have been told I get...over-excited at times. It's when you feel a connection to a person, and you just blast off with words like a chainsaw. I get enthusiastic. I'm not sure how everybody works, but I've always been enthusiastic - I don't really put on a mask or anything. I don't know if I'm flamboyant, but I don't feel I am (Being raised in an Asian family, I really don't have much connection to gay stereotypes). I'm just fun and me.

So annoying? - To some people. :laughing: Especially those ISFJs, ISTJs and INTJs who tell me to shut up when I start talking loud.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Not at all, my best friend in the WORLD is an ENFP, I love him to death. He's the most sweet, hilarious person I know.

·
Registered
113 Posts
abitsilly:

To begin with, don't squelch your personality to suit others. It's a tragic waste of time and energy. An ENFP can intuitively understand anyone on a profound level. This comes so naturally, it's confusing when no one can do so in return. Confusion soon turns to frustration, and you find yourself over analyzing every facet of your interactions. This leads to insecurity, which in turn will actually stifle your behavior into awkward behavior.

You're a magnificent creature of boundless potential. Just genuinely be yourself and people will gravitate around you. Personally, the people I enjoy the company of most have been my friends for years. Meaningful bonds are built, not granted. So stop worrying and enjoy the company of others, knowing it will develop into what you've longed for.

---

Aiam: Well put.

On not being in the best of states... I had a very turbulent upbringing, and have been to nine funerals in the past five years for people I cared deeply about. Otherwise, horrible, exploding high stress events have been relentless. Always after a brief calm there is a merciless storm. My point being: Take it from me when I say, there is never an ideal time to be at your best. You either seize it or you don't.
Nicely said, sir.

·
Registered
313 Posts
The two ENFPs I know well really bother me at times..
They both think they're extremely creative and intelligent and don't let you forget it.
and they both use way too many adjectives for my taste..
I guess to me the just come across as pretentious..
so the ones I know are annoying.
But of course, I only know two ENFPS in real life..
I'm sure most aren't like that.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts