Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why would anyway portray the ENTJ as a jerk? Are they really that bossy and assholish? Surely they couldn't be any worst than the ESTJ who has been known to lack an imagination completely and how would you differentiate these 2 exactly? Give me some examples people.

·
Registered
Introverted intuitive type
5,561 Posts
Everybody is probably a jerk to someone.

Asking why is like asking why people hate things.

Seems to me that most people don't even need a reason, it's basically instinctual.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I know an ENTJ who is a pretty big asshole.

Once my best friend was talking about me with our other friends without me there, and she told them that I don't believe in gravity. He immediately sought me out once class was over and -- instead of asking for clarification (a deadly mistake if you knew my best friend -_-) -- he attacked me. Started hurling a dozen questions my way and mocking my misunderstood beliefs ("if gravity doesn't exist then what is keeping us here, magic? God's will?"). I was confused and got defensive and it took another friend to break us up. Eventually I managed to explain to him that I don't believe Newton and his specific theory of gravity, which he coincidentally enough did not believe in either.

We get along quite well though, and often partnered up for school projects. That caused problems occasionally though because he would get quite bossy. I would explain to him why the fact he had in our speech was unnecessary and broke the flow, but he ignored all of my comments about it. I eventually gave up trying to persuade him and instead went back that night to revise it myself and printed those instead. He either didn't notice that I changed it or simply didn't care because he never said a thing about it.

I like him though, and I know he's very fond of me, and we have fun with one another and understand each other. We also make one hell of a team. I really appreciate our comradeship despite his occasionally bossy, pain in the ass attitude.
Besides, it's not like I have been worse. :wink:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Everybody is probably a jerk to someone.

Asking why is like asking why people hate things.

Seems to me that most people don't even need a reason, it's basically instinctual.
Well yeah, that's absolutely true, but when there is a tremendous amount of hate target towards a specific group of people, that's entirely different, and would require a logical(for me anyway)explanation as to why this group, or hell even specific individuals who are hated so much. I ask this simply because I've never encountered an ENTJ( at least i don't think)but the way people describe them, it almost sounds like they are describing a corrupted ESTJ, someone who just want's to impose their will upon others. Even if they are similar, what redeeming qualities does the ENTJ have to separate them from some douchebag ESTJ?

Reactions: INFPanonymous

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nothing is really instinctual to me, I mean there has to be a reason something is happening or has happened, I'm not gonna hate someone without a reason, usually when people claim they just mindlessly hate something, It's for reasons that they don't even know.

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,604 Posts
Yes, I want to know.

Why would you guys be aholes? I suppose I think of ESTJs as more aholish. That's not always a bad thing.

But I hear it about ENTJs here all the time.

·
Registered
Introverted intuitive type
5,561 Posts
Well yeah, that's absolutely true, but when there is a tremendous amount of hate target towards a specific group of people, that's entirely different, and would require a logical(for me anyway)explanation as to why this group, or hell even specific individuals who are hated so much. I ask this simply because I've never encountered an ENTJ( at least i don't think)but the way people describe them, it almost sounds like they are describing a corrupted ESTJ, someone who just want's to impose their will upon others. Even if they are similar, what redeeming qualities does the ENTJ have to separate them from some douchebag ESTJ?
I still think you're over-thinking it.

It really just amounts to, "STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE."

The specifics don't even matter. Even if you knew the specific reason - which is assuming there even is one to begin with - what then? What do you intend to do with that knowledge?

Are you going to try and nicely talk them out of picking on ENTJs?

Good luck with that.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I still think you're over-thinking it.

It really just amounts to, "STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE."

The specifics don't even matter. Even if you knew the specific reason - which is assuming there even is one to begin with - what then? What do you intend to do with that knowledge?

Are you going to try and nicely talk them out of picking on ENTJs?

Good luck with that.
Understanding is good enough for me, so I can know what to expect when I eventually encounter an ENTJ. I've talked to a couple online but never really close encounters, it's more of knowing what to expect than trying to convince everyone that they aren't such bad people.

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
Some ENTJs are jerks; some ENTJs aren't. @MNiS seems to be the perfect example of why it's unfair to classify ENTJs as assholes.
Some ESTJs are jerks; some ESTJs aren't
Some INTPs are jerks; some INTPs aren't.
Some INTJs are jerks; some INTJs aren't.
Some ENTPs are jerks; most of them are funny so can get away with it.
That's cause MisterNi is actually an ENTP who has identity confusion.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Jerks can be anyone.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
See... there is no point in stealing a baby. I can't do much with them unless I use them as cannon balls. I'd much rather have their candy.... or their parent's cars.
I was thinking you could hold the baby as ransom for the parent's cars. Or money- then you could buy all the candy you'd like.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts