Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Scary might be the wrong word, but do ENTP females generally come across a little
too outgoing opinionated etc. for the typical INFJ male? There is a really nice guy I know
who seems like an INFJ in almost every way, and I am wondering if my personality might
be too much for him. I am just fishing for opinions from INFJ males who may have had
experience with ENTP females.:blushed:

·
Registered
343 Posts
I've had a crush on this ENTP girl at my school for 5 going on 6 years. She was interested in me but I ended up acting like a total retard to her and fucked it all up. Unfortunately it hasn't worked out. Maybe one day I'll have the courage to speak to her again. Anyhow, she is SO intimidating. She has beautiful grey eyes.

Idk, whenever girls show interest in me I tend to act a little aloof until I get to know them better, and they usually don't stick around that long. :(

EDIT: One last thing to add... I can usually tell very soon when a girl is interested in me, I'm just scared to make the first move (or any move at all). So do try to let us know if you're interested in us. ;)

EDIT: Another thought, whenever I think about my relationship with her, The Great Gatsby pops into my head. Just thought I'd say that.

·
Registered
132 Posts
The ones I've known are fun to spend time with and talk to but not very reliable or trustworthy. Though this is early 20s experience and you could say the same for a lot of people at that age.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I should probably say we are in the late 30's category. More settled and stable than early twenties, but hey, I got married right after college, so I was even pretty stable then for an ENTP. Divorced after many long years of marriage. The other party was unfaithful so I ended it.
:sad:

·
Registered
979 Posts
WHAT? lols.. =D

uMM.. even if they tell me about all of the manipulative tendencies, i tend to just be like OK!, and just keep smiling.

im not sure if its even possible for me to be intimidated, i tend to outright ignore dangers in people, believing no one would harm me.
any alarms that ring in my head, i just pretty much ignore.

i find the connection im usually able to have with every female entp to be very pleasurable.

so no, im not scared in the least.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I've had no experience but from what I've read and what I've observed ENTP Females are adorable and their attitude is really endearing. In some ways I can see why other male INFJs would become nervous and scared but for me I think that is part of the appeal, the only thing is the lack of J which I am not very strong in either.

As Cossack said we can be nervous when it comes to making the first move, if I did have feelings for one I wouldn't be at all bothered if they took the lead till I became comfortable.

·
Banned
2,630 Posts
No not usually. ENTP females can be a bit draining and dirty dance of some soft spots every now and then, but not scary. Of course the ENTP's short attention span can get on my nerves, but I've learned to accept it to varying degrees. I think both the ENTP and INFJ just need to get used to each other's antics if the dynamic is to thrive, and presuming both parties get along in any case. When it works, it REALLY works!

And yes I have a crush of sorts on an ENTP girl.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Scary might be the wrong word, but do ENTP females generally come across a little
too outgoing opinionated etc. for the typical INFJ male? There is a really nice guy I know
who seems like an INFJ in almost every way, and I am wondering if my personality might
be too much for him. I am just fishing for opinions from INFJ males who may have had
experience with ENTP females.:blushed:
Scary to INFJs who haven't built up a core of power and self-esteem. INFJs who haven't done this can't "play" very well with an ENTPs flirtatious teasing and there are misfires.

If the INFJ is mature and solid in their sense of self, it can get pretty hot pretty fast.

My experience with ENTP women is that ENTP's bring amazing flirtation to the table. INFJs can entice ENTP women into a very passionate intimate experience in lovemaking which opens up a really deep emotional element to all things, while the ENTP can excite the INFJ's intellectualism, sparking some very satisfying conversation.

9/10, would do again.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Scary to INFJs who haven't built up a core of power and self-esteem. INFJs who haven't done this can't "play" very well with an ENTPs flirtatious teasing and there are misfires.

If the INFJ is mature and solid in their sense of self, it can get pretty hot pretty fast.

My experience with ENTP women is that ENTP's bring amazing flirtation to the table. INFJs can entice ENTP women into a very passionate intimate experience in lovemaking which opens up a really deep emotional element to all things, while the ENTP can excite the INFJ's intellectualism, sparking some very satisfying conversation.

9/10, would do again.
this is like reading astrological compatibility with a little bit of science on the side to make it all sparkly salable
in other words, it sounds pretty good!
PS: does it edge on ENFJ propaganda; a whiff or two?

Reactions: Sai

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think most INFJs are normally tolerant, but principled, friendly, but guarded, think-it-don't say it types, before they know you well. We know few people are as in-going as we, so expect just about everyone to be more outgoing than we, and, at least superficially, therefore, livewire types (which the authentic ENTP is) are not deemed to be a problem. For a serious relationship though, there will need to be quite a bit of evidence that whatever the other character is like, that special symbiosis which some call compatibility, is possible. But since we're talking hetro here, and boys will be boys,I bet if you're hot it counts for a lot. It's not everything. But I'm real enough to admit that it matters

·
Registered
363 Posts
Yes you're scary.

From personal experience, ENTP's are very caring for 1 day, then they forget you the next day.
Its like they strive for new things all the time.
And that does Scare me.
I might be wrong :happy:
Aw c'mon, we cant be that bad :wink:
Of course we like the new, who doesn't? (That was a rhetorical question)
If an ENTP likes someone quite a lot, a large amount of their attention actually is focused on you-well not you specifically, but ways to further the intensity or whatnot of a relationship/crush. You may not know it, but more often than not this attitude can be very rewarding.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
If an ENTP likes someone quite a lot, a large amount of their attention actually is focused on you-well not you specifically, but ways to further the intensity or whatnot of a relationship/crush. You may not know it, but more often than not this attitude can be very rewarding.
Rewarding yes, but the worries come in because how long before that focus is put into somebody else? :confused:

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
this is like reading astrological compatibility with a little bit of science on the side to make it all sparkly salable
in other words, it sounds pretty good!
PS: does it edge on ENFJ propaganda; a whiff or two?
What kind of ENFJ propoganda are you talking about? Are the ENFJs all over you ladies? :tongue:

Aw c'mon, we cant be that bad
:wink:

Well. . . obsession is rarely sustainable. Unsustainable and intoxicating ;)

·
Registered
310 Posts
It was some time since i wrote it.
But i still stand my ground on ENTP's.
Sorry, but maybe not all are the same.
But i still find it Very annoying.
And its friendship im talking about, not relationships.

·
Registered
885 Posts
ENTP girls are awesome. There is nothing i enjoy the most about a person is their bluntness and sincerity. ENTPs are perfect at this. They are also very smart and love to debate and discuss stuff, and i really enjoy that intellectual challenge. Ive never known one in person, but if i did im sure ill have an instant crush on her.

·
Registered
128 Posts
What kind of ENFJ propoganda are you talking about? Are the ENFJs all over you ladies? :tongue:

I'm speaking from personal experience; it's not necessarily a bad thing but ENFJs (in socionics) are the needy party of a ENTP-ENFJ relationship

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.