Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
998 Posts
I'm not going all the way back to the debate forum just to see if someone replied to, or thanked, my post. So I'm posting here, bitch.

I'm narcissistic. Especially around people. It seems the more I talk the more cocky bullshit comes out of my mouth. I'm also totally comfortable around strangers. I actually prefer talking to strangers than talking to people I've known for a while, because there's a lot more new material to talk about. Wow, just realized I started going off on a tangent. But, uhh, yeah I've got an inflated ego it seems. The word "I" is of regular use in my vocabulary. I'll also do anything if I think it's going to get laughs. For example, the other day in class the prof asked us "What is the most popular handbook in the world?" so I chirped "The Bible". It got a lot of laughs. I'm a funny man.

·
Registered
90 Posts
michael jackson, look up narcissism traits on google.. narcissists are empty self loathing pieces of shit, you're a conceited fuck but you're not a piece of shit :p

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
michael jackson, look up narcissism traits on google.. narcissists are empty self loathing pieces of shit, you're a conceited fuck but you're not a piece of shit :p
I thought narcissists viewed themselves very highly... are you sure a self hating narcissist isnt a different thing altogether?

·
Registered
90 Posts
well I'm not an expert but I happened to be reading up on narcissism a few days ago actually. I was looking at the specific traits and from what I read they are completely different than most people in the fact that they genuinely don't give a shit about ANYONE but themselves, they dont even pay attention to or think about other people really unless they can get something out of the other person. They are like immature selfish 6 year olds in an adult body that will never grow up.

Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD) : Traits discussed

check out this site it goes through the main traits of narcissists and will help you understand what makes them tick.

lol believe me I have plenty narcissistic traits, we all do. but to be a full blown one you need to lack all empathy.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well I'm not an expert but I happened to be reading up on narcissism a few days ago actually. I was looking at the specific traits and from what I read they are completely different than most people in the fact that they genuinely don't give a shit about ANYONE but themselves, they dont even pay attention to or think about other people really unless they can get something out of the other person. They are like immature selfish 6 year olds in an adult body that will never grow up.

Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD) : Traits discussed

check out this site it goes through the main traits of narcissists and will help you understand what makes them tick.

lol believe me I have plenty narcissistic traits, we all do. but to be a full blown one you need to lack all empathy.
great way of putting it man, you brought my understanding to a new level, and thanks for the link.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Confidence is overrated. Too much of it blinds you to your flaws and your own shortcomings, and it makes you forget that other people are better than you.

I remember I saw in a study that the VAST MAJORITY of people ranked themselves as far above average in intelligence. When you consider that nearly everyone else claims to be "smarter than everyone else", it kind of defies the meaning of 'above average'. And to boot, these people had their IQs tested, and it was FAR below what they (over)estimated.

But don't slash your wrists either, that's not really productive.

Reactions: Seren

·
Registered
749 Posts
I'm narcissistic but I'm honest about it.

I'm aware of my flaws and I'm more than happy to make fun of myself. But honestly, I know I'm better than 98% of most people, judging by my own standards of course :proud:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Confidence is overrated. Too much of it blinds you to your flaws and your own shortcomings, and it makes you forget that other people are better than you.

I remember I saw in a study that the VAST MAJORITY of people ranked themselves as far above average in intelligence. When you consider that nearly everyone else claims to be "smarter than everyone else", it kind of defies the meaning of 'above average'. And to boot, these people had their IQs tested, and it was FAR below what they (over)estimated.

But don't slash your wrists either, that's not really productive.
Confidence seems like a practical state of mind. I think you are more productive if you are confident instead of wasting your time questioning your own abilities. but maybe im wrong and we have an epidemic of confident people....

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I think I'm more confident than just narcissistic, because I genuinely do care about other people. However, that's not saying I'm humble either. I acknowledge people who are better at things than I am, and I'll admit when I'm wrong if I truly am. Of course, none of these things will reign in my overall awesomeness that oozes out of me. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts