Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thoughts?

I'm curious because my ESFP and ISTJ mutual friends are dating...just wondering how it might play out.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm intrigued about mbti relationship matches in general and have been exploring different theories to see which one seems more plausible. I keep seeing that istj and esfp are natural matches, but I can't get my head around it (this and other keirsey matches). Now that my istj and esfp friends are dating....well, let's just say they're like my guineapigs...lol...and I'm curious about their relationship and how it's playing out. I wish the best for them but I'm also secretly testing my theories too.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I'm intrigued about mbti relationship matches in general and have been exploring different theories to see which one seems more plausible. I keep seeing that istj and esfp are natural matches, but I can't get my head around it (this and other keirsey matches). Now that my istj and esfp friends are dating....well, let's just say they're like my guineapigs...lol...and I'm curious about their relationship and how it's playing out. I wish the best for them but I'm also secretly testing my theories too.
are they still dating? how did it play out?

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi, just seeing this. No, things ended badly...They had a huge argument about two weeks ago in which the istj told the esfp she needed to be more accountable and respectful to him ( in terms of where she went and with whom). He told her she was too 'busy' running from place to place and that her life needed 'fixing'. Esfp blew up at this because she felt the istj was trying to control her and 'put her in a box'. She basically 'let him have it' (verbally) and they haven't talked to each other since. 😕

I kind of felt that this is how things would've played out, unfortunately. Knowing the two of them I just didn't see it working out. The istj is very structured and traditional, and the esfp very vivacious and spontaneous. I just don't think the two types are very compatible at all.

The istj has also recently described the esfp has 'empty' and lacking in discipline...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts