Personality Cafe banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice that ESTPs flop a lot and end up becoming the clown of the group.

For example, Donald Trump does silly shit that makes him a target for jokes like his hair and his immaturity.

I notice similarities with Hidan from Naruto as well. Among his group, he seems to be the one who gets made fun of.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I notice that ESTPs flop a lot and end up becoming the clown of the group.

For example, Donald Trump does silly shit that makes him a target for jokes like his hair and his immaturity.
What is the point in being serious all the time? If I can generate some LOL's and get everyone's attention, I'm going for it.

·
Code Cracked
7,666 Posts
If I am board and the energy sucks I will shift it to have fun or leave. I 100% agree with what HOLYSHIZZY said about being serious all the time. What is life without color...drab

·
Code Cracked
7,666 Posts
My ESTP says he's perfectly aware when he's doing something weird or awkward and he just doesn't care. He'll commit all sorts of social faux pas without realising and even when he does, he feels no embarrassment. It's impressive but mind-boggling.
Accurate depiction. I never feel embarrassed

·
Registered
9,922 Posts
Maybe in middle school and high school

And for the lagging ones in maturity still into college

I sometimes self deprecate but I think people usually take me seriously
I can still have fun though and be a goof
My credibility is in good standing though

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I view it like this. People that take them self too seriously tend to be more judgemental of other and have more anxieties about how they are perseved. The clown is often more accepting of outhers.

Reactions: Daiz

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
My ESTP says he's perfectly aware when he's doing something weird or awkward and he just doesn't care. He'll commit all sorts of social faux pas without realising and even when he does, he feels no embarrassment. It's impressive but mind-boggling.
My ISTJ is a stickler for manners in a restaurant and just to get a rise out of her I'll start doing shit to embarrass her. It makes her uncomfortable at first, but then eventually laugh (as the drinks pile up) which makes me happy.

I know what manners are and I know what I'm supposed to do ... but what's the point in all of that decorum unless it's absolutely required in a setting. Restaurants are casual for me (even the black tie ones) and I want to enjoy my experience. How I enjoy myself isn't by sitting around twiddling thumbs.

·
Registered
897 Posts
My ISTJ is a stickler for manners in a restaurant and just to get a rise out of her I'll start doing shit to embarrass her. It makes her uncomfortable at first, but then eventually laugh (as the drinks pile up) which makes me happy.

I know what manners are and I know what I'm supposed to do ... but what's the point in all of that decorum unless it's absolutely required in a setting. Restaurants are casual for me (even the black tie ones) and I want to enjoy my experience. How I enjoy myself isn't by sitting around twiddling thumbs.
*narrows eyes* Do you wear running shoes into those places? My ESTP used to do that all the time. We'd be going to some swanky French place on a date and he'd come out in baggy jeans, running shoes and think it was all fine because his shirt had buttons and a collar. It was embarrassing and I was always afraid they wouldn't let us in!

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
*narrows eyes* Do you wear running shoes into those places? My ESTP used to do that all the time. We'd be going to some swanky French place on a date and he'd come out in baggy jeans, running shoes and think it was all fine because his shirt had buttons and a collar. It was embarrassing and I was always afraid they wouldn't let us in!
I did when I was younger. My friends and I were once told to leave my dad's country club for wearing flip flops :shrug Not anymore though. I've come to appreciate the positive attention for being well dressed for an appropriate setting.

Though sometimes I will skip socks and just wear the dress shoes.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I did when I was younger. My friends and I were once told to leave my dad's country club for wearing flip flops :shrug Not anymore though. I've come to appreciate the positive attention for being well dressed for an appropriate setting.

Though sometimes I will skip socks and just wear the dress shoes.
I know this isn't why you do it but the sockless-dress-shoe look is very 'in' right now, anyway. :p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts