Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
10,452 Posts
I most definitely have an aggressive side that comes out in various ways. I guess you could always blame that on my type 6 reactionary nature too. *shrugs*

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
I wouldn't call it aggressive. I call it assertive. I know what I want and I know my own mind, I'm confident in that regard. I think many view me as hostile, before I've even opened my mouth due to my neutral expression. But I'm not aggressive, I'm just confident in who I am, which seems to rub insecure people the wrong way.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Can't say whether it's related, but I definitely have an aggressive side.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I can come across confident and strong even when I feel vulnerable on the inside. I'm not sure how I do this. But yes, I can appear aggressive. It is usually about stating my own position or standing my ground on something I believe is right, rather than an intention to attack anyone else. I don't know if this makes a difference.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Agressive or very passionate? Cause when someone says something very inmoral (racist, homophobic, excessively conservative,etc) I became a little...passionate talking about it, maybe a little angry too ^_^'' . But not agressive, not really. Maybe because my voice tone goes...a little bit higher :')
But It's right that my very "rational" friend thinks that I'm angry when I sometimes express my opinion about something and , SERIOUSLY, I'm not angry at all (sometimes I'm just talking about something I love :')). But...agressive xd...I hope no :')

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
No, I don't think I come across as the least bit aggressive.

Edit: On deeper consideration, I'd have to say yes I do--though just a little. I guess I'm a little unclear on what is meant by being a little aggressive. But what I first said is still pretty much true, as in most all situations, I can at least come across as simply a bit aloof rather than act on anything that may have angered me or would trigger a potentially aggressive response.

As quite an introverted introvert and very reserved and private (and a bit shy I feel, though others have told me I don't come across as the least bit socially awkward), it's only in particularly comfortable and familiar social situations when I'm not acting my outward personality to some degree. This having become such a natural thing for me to do at this point, as a way to help me deal with stressful social situations, also contributes to never showing any "aggression" (or other stronger reactions) because I'm so used to holding them in and keeping up the facade.

Age also might be a factor for me...I'm barely 18 now, though definitely more confident and more ready to speak my mind and try to be me a little more than a year or two ago. I've heard that shyness is worst around early-mid teens and generally only improves from there, and although by personality I will always be reserved and private, I'm starting to see that I can build a lot more confidence and find ways to be more comfortable in social situations, even if they'll always being energy draining:)

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
I definitely have an aggressive side. But whenever it's tempted to come out, I usually put all my focus into keeping it reigned it-- partly as a matter of protecting people close to me, partly to not look like a fool, but mainly because I don't like to feel out of control or like my emotions are getting the better of me.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'm not really aggressive but defensive in various ways. I can get cold and ignorant when my values are being attacked or being disturbed.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I wonder if she is INFJ

This is the definition of aggressive :unsure:
I would smack that girl across the face if I saw her in real life, she's so freaking annoying.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I think if you were to ask anyone who knew me they'd probably say I'm somewhat aggressive sometimes... well... actually, I think I have a tendency to speak in a particularly firm, strong tone of voice when I'm serious. Some people can inflect more nicety into their tone, but I have a kind of blunt way of speaking, when I bother to speak.

In addition to that, I have a very bad temper when it comes up. It's not like I'm losing it and snapping all the time, but when I do I really don't hold back. On the other hand, I don't really think most of this comes down to aggression. I think it's a mixture of having poor social skills and being very passionate and sensitive about some things.

It's for this reason, though, that I always wonder about that analysis that FP's stick to their morals and FJ's don't. I think FJ's can get very pushy when you start talking about something that matters to them, while mostly very compromising where it doesn't matter.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I get very passionate about things that are important to me - which is why I stopped talking about politics online, because I become an unbearable Pollyanna trying to get everyone to care more than they do and stop being horrible to each other, and I finally realized it was an incredible waste of energy on my part. But I wouldn't say that's aggressive.

I can randomly be physically aggressive, which I've always assumed is a lingering childhood thing? I have several siblings who were all around the same age growing up, and we fought like crazy when we were kids. I think now it mostly comes out when I'm feeling playful - maybe because that's when my natural introversion isn't holding me in check. I get more physical than I usually am, and I'll sometimes have a sudden urge to shove or even bite someone.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
NJs are secret/clumsy SPs. Ni-Se axis always has a bit of an edge to it. SFJs don't really have it, so that's actually a quick way to tell the two types apart.

We're usually more likely to show it via a black sense of humour, or having a vibe of sort of 'daring' people. That's because if we run with Se, Se is usually the length of rope we use to hang ourselves with, so we learn to be a bit cautious with it. But it's there.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts