Personality Cafe banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Banned
3,328 Posts
I think having dominant Ni makes us come off as hyper-focused and "intense" at times, which can be perceived as aggressive.

However, I did nearly tackle a laptop in rage because a guy who I knew to pretty much be a sexual predator was trying to message my fourteen-year-old sister on her facebook. Her and my mother both had to wrestle me away from it before I got a hold of it and gave him a piece of my mind.

So yes, I suppose INFJ women can have a pretty strong aggressive side.

·
MOTM October 2013
6,423 Posts
I'm told I have resting bitch face.

And if you mess with me you'll get some snipping in return. I'm not patient with BS.

But in terms of being aggressive and wanting to hurt people, it's pretty against my nature.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Idk if I'd say "aggressive" as much as I'd coin it being assertive, but sure. Might be due to my w8.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I don't have a problem telling someone face to face to get the f*ck off/out when the situation calls for it. The tone and volume depends~ and seems to work with bitchy face. A very rare and serious phenomenon to be used only in case of an emergency :tranquillity:. I like catching people off-guard :angel:

but, so, who doesn't get aggressive?

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I’ve always felt strange being an INFJ woman. I was a tomboy in my teenage years, and wanted so badly to be have been born a boy so that my overprotective parents would give me some freedom LOL

I’ve always felt kind of oafish? Unrefined? Unlady-like? I don’t quite know how to explain it. Sometimes I feel clumsy and that I trip everywhere, and have no gracefulness. I feel like a kid, and I’ve been told that I walk like one too? I have no idea how I walk like a kid LOL As I’ve gotten older though, many of my friends would say I was the best dressed or the most fashionable for class.

I once asked this very cute INFP-girl in class “Hey, who do you think is the best looking person in our current semester?” (I was asking about which boy she thought was the best looking but forgot to add any gender descriptors lol) and she said “....you!”

My immediate response was: :shocked: *SHOCK* “What? WHAT! NO! That’s not what I’m talking about, I’m talking about boys - best looking boy!!” LOL
Gosh I love INFPs and how they catch me off guard LOL

My ISFJ mother was kind of a tomboy when she was younger too, but in her 20’s she was more of a “natural” beauty. Her fashion sense was very minimal and “fresh”. I’ve noticed that she fits the descriptor of what many INFJ-Men tend to like in their woman, that kind of “not made up” natural look. Since my dad is an INFJ, I can see why he would go for her LOL

In my 20’s I was fashionable in a colorful way, loud (pastel blue, blue, pink, blonde, mint green, and purple hair). As I’ve gotten older, I’ve paired down my clothing to a capsule wardrobe of more stylish quality casual pieces that are more refined and less loud. My ISFJ mom thinks I’m beautiful but in an adventurous weird way? She often says “You have to be careful Ethanol, you’re a very tough woman, you need a tough man... not every man is going to be able to deal with you” LOL

I think my ISFJ mom is right even though I roll my eyes when she says so LOL When it comes to values/beliefs/principles, INFJs have a toughness to them that’s more rigid and less easily swayed. I wouldn’t say that I need a “tough man” but rather that a “fragile man” might have a rough time with me LOL I’ve dated fragile men before, and sometimes I did feel like I may have been “too much” for them, so I’ve had to soften up a lot too.

I think a lot of my toughness comes from not being easily pushed around and wanting to be in control of the situation, IE: my INFJ mule. Dig in and brace for impact! I see this trait in my INFJ-F friend who is married to her INTJ husband. They will butt heads sometimes, and although she is tiny and looks rather fragile from the outside (soft and bubbly), I can see that she has a kind of toughness bubbling on the inside where she “puts up” with things but not for long LOL I recognize this quality within myself too.

I’ve noticed that with some (not all but some) INFPs they may not have that “toughness”, but I can sense that there are deep wells of emotions boiling on the inside where if they get angry/upset it’s like watching a volcano explode. I don’t know that I’ve ever seen an INFP actually LOSE it, but it’s scary LOL

I had an INFP-M friend in college once, we were texting over something and it got heated. He absolutely did not want to talk to me in class the next day, and I spent the next 15 minutes apologizing to him. I kept bugging him and poking him in his shoulder on his knees and saying “I’m sorry, c’mon please forgive me.” After 15 minutes he gave in and we talked it out, and I never did it to him again LOL :laughing: WOOOoo INFPs are scary scary sometimes <3

·
&#127872;
11,795 Posts
Yea it's that little Se monster

·
Registered
ENTJ 8w9
1,652 Posts
I never considered INFJs to be aggressive... actually, to me, they seem the most girly of all types. ENFJs however do have a tomboy side to them, which is a big minus (which is why I like INFJs more than ENFJs), but they're still ok.

I have seen aggressiveness in INFPs though. They can be meeeeeeeeeean!

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
I'm cut throat. I know when to let go and be fair, though. However, when it comes between what I want.... I'm pretty ruthless. I'm really nice and good, though, too!

Ha! So, who was this John Wayne Cowboy that was so... “ cut throat. “ circa July of 2016? Still, nice and good according to her description. :eagerness:

0482E73E-C463-4B01-8A20-DEF66B7B0395.gif

Even, so. I admit that I am pretty aggressive. I understand balance, though. Seriously, I just thought it was pretty humorous that I posted how ruthless and cut throat I was or thought I was? :hopelessness:

I think somebody was maybe watching too many episodes of Reno 911 and some Version of reality was, a bit ... Intertwined with the lovable, Terry.

6C2F9F4E-26B8-4A37-BF96-7681CD9B6560.gif

5B31A532-31DD-48BE-A51F-12DA464C7701.gif

53E1B6DB-4E72-497D-8171-E6B6A8D1EE72.gif

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
Not necessarily.

In my experience, INFJ females are not feminine which make them seems aggressive unlike feminine females. On the other hand, INFJ males are feminine which make them seems not aggressive at all.

Only type 3 and type 4 INFJs are aggressive IMO. They are usually cool as Pluto and then suddenly for seemingly no reason they are like they are in the process of giving birth.

·
Super Moderator
11,119 Posts
Not necessarily.

In my experience, INFJ females are not feminine which make them seems aggressive unlike feminine females. On the other hand, INFJ males are feminine which make them seems not aggressive at all.

Only type 3 and type 4 INFJs are aggressive IMO. They are usually cool as Pluto and then suddenly for seemingly no reason they are like they are in the process of giving birth.
:laughin:

Seemingly, eh. :skeleton:

Ah, I’m a 4 and just so you and everyone knows, if they care to, I’m a benevolent bitch. Thank you kind sir. :proud:

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Im not aggressive.. I can be sadistic at times, but not really aggressive. Like I just enjoy other peoples pain to an extent.. it reminds me there is something for me to help the person to heal.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
errrr .. in my experience ..

I would say that IxxJ and ExxJ are definitely emotionally aggressive :laughing: like a switch. Push the wrong button, step the wrong toe, place the too pungent (unintended) criticism .... *BAM*, you've done it. You got to run, fast.

I don't know .... my NFP openmindedness makes me less reactive, so it takes a while for me to decide whether or not i am offended, angry, whatever. I have many moments where I can decide how I will respond. Strong Ne-users want to experiment, push boundaries, poke and trigger. This is not possible with ''explosive'' types.

INFJ type 1s and 9s are calm as can be, INFJ 4s are rather explosive (INFP type 4 as well, for some reason)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Because the one's I know are nice on the outset, but they do have this aggressive side to them.
Compared to my INFP sweeties :)
If they are mature and confident. . . . absolutely yes. (and not just "slightly aggressive")

Of course much depends on background, culture, etc.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I get aggressive if I get pushed. I can get frustrated and very easily doubtful or anxious, which might make me come across aggressive but I'm really not. I'm much more...passive aggressive though. You have to know me very well and I have to be very comfortable around you, to the extent where I come across quite extroverted in general, for you to see my aggressive side.

21 - 40 of 72 Posts