Personality Cafe banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Why does that make her not an INFJ? :laughing: It seems like a rigid perception of what INFJ's are/should be :shocked:
Pretty sure INFJs can be very open, sociable and almost mistaking for extroverted when they want to be. Depends on the level of Fe I think but an INFJ could definitely do that. The stereotype of being all mystical and secretive is really just a stereotype in a lot of cases.

·
Banned
66 Posts
My younger sister is ISFJ and I am INFJ. I used to think she was more like me than she really is. She isn't interested in the abstract and theory unless there is a simple, "practical application for it" (her own words). Both she and our ISTJ sister, who falls between us in age, will cut me off and change the subject to more practical matters if I start talking about psychology, personality theory, etc. They both seem to think they are "normal" and I'm not :frustrating:

·
Registered
500 Posts
I wouldn't consider myself to be aggressive or a fighter, I'm very quiet and hate fighting. If I do end up speaking my mind or getting angry, it's mostly because I'm being disrespected by the person and I can't take it anymore. I end up speaking my mind and just walking away to cool off. Most of the time I am very mellow.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think of INFJ women as being easy going, until they’re not. Meaning, they’re sweet and you see their Fe, but you know that you’d not want to push them around or they’ll let you have it. For me, I know this about myself and have intuitively felt it when being around other INFJ women. Kinda like, she’s soft, but don’t mess with her. I think it takes a lot to really piss off many of them, at least me. I won’t get angry with someone unless they really pushed me and were purposely being selfish or cruel. INFJs are typically very understanding (hence probably why we end up with narcissists). Once in my 20s my abusive ex locked me in a room to “punish me.” And I broke down the whole damn door. So yeah, I’d say don’t f*ck with them.

·
Registered
110 Posts
People who know me well, that I can let my guard down, say that I can get quietly aggressive if I see injustice towards my loved ones. Somewhat similar to Sephrioth from Final Fantasy VII but not evil.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I wouldn't consider myself to be aggressive or a fighter, I'm very quiet and hate fighting. If I do end up speaking my mind or getting angry, it's mostly because I'm being disrespected by the person and I can't take it anymore. I end up speaking my mind and just walking away to cool off. Most of the time I am very mellow.
Not relative to your post but I absolutely love your avatar!

·
Registered
40 Posts
INFJ females in general, are more emotional and sensitive compared to INFJ males. While they are of soft nature, empathetic, helpful, Loving and caring, they don't want you to play with their inner most feelings, they have zero tolerance towards mind games, they fight for what they believe in, making themselves always available for the selfless service of others. They are bold, independent and the least they expect is not to challenge their beliefs or motives, their ability to support a bigger cause should not be questioned or threatened at any cost.

Since, they are best known to be keep their head calm, cool, absorbing all the pain and suffering of others, that its quite natural for others to think that they may not react otherwise, however everything has a threshold, and once the limit is reached, their emotions takes people others by surprise, as not everyone is aware of that reaction of female INFJs.

The response of all the INFJ females may not be aggressive, or what we perceive to be aggression. Some might choose to avoid interactions, appear cold, aloof and withdrawn, and it has a drastic effect on their physical and mental health. When they feel hurtful, they choose to hurt themselves instead of hurting others.

They might forgive you, but they never forget what you did to them, some(not all though) might hold grudges against You.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
I'm only aggressive if I'm trying to protect someone. I'm gentle 80% of the time though, and I only bite bad people to teach them a lesson, so if you're a good person, I won't bite you. ^_^

I remembered I once had a friend who got cyberbullied by a bunch of people in her blog, and I ended up attacking back those cyberbullies for her.
I'm usually a gentle/laidback/friendly/calm person most of the time though and it takes a lot to rile me up, and I only get aggressive in such rare occasions, because I can't stand seeing people getting bullied.

Oh, and people who bullied animals get on my nerves too. I remembered I once had this classmate who would punch and kick and throw a bunch of stuffed animals around the classroom. Since those are only stuffed animals, I let this matter rest, even though it annoys me to see those stuffed animals getting abused and being thrown around the classroom. But if he were to do those stuff to real animals, you can bet that I won't let this matter rest and he's gonna receive a punch from me.

So these are the few instances whereby I won't hesitate to bite people, despite my gentle nature.

·
Registered
ENTP type 8w5
100 Posts
Slightly? Have you tried sleeping with them?

What seemed like a sweet baby (just a metaphor I’m not a pedophile) suddenly turns into a piranha

·
Banned
18 Posts
Slightly? Not really. Massively? Oh yes.

There is this major tendency for infj women to become offensive if their gaming expectation is mistimed. They are in this playful mode and if you as a man disconnect them from that they will get so enraged for giving you the opportunity and you not matching the play by poor competence or too fast demands that it will quite literally make them the worst version, or well, almost the worst version of themselves. It is their strongest while exactly at the same time the weakest characteristic.

Sometimes, when there is a lot of them, it can be tempting to play around with that to test if there is any of them that can bypass that hardwiring by being self aware. But as that seems pretty much hard wired, many kinda just cant, so it is just annoying to them. What mesmerises me continuously regardless is that, no matter how enraged I get from anything at all, I find it hard to shurg experiences off, and never really deep dive into the whys of them all. I think infj women, in general, are therefore perhaps a bit more upbeat and lite going than say myself.

But thats fine. They are between satisfactory and ok intimately, so, we shall forgive them more easily. Shame thats pretty much all of it. As potential is one thing, and a whole other thing reaching it.

·
Registered
INFJ
353 Posts
Wouldn't say aggressive so much as proactive. Most of the time early on in the interaction there's a thought along the lines of "Oh no, person X is about to do it again..." Then I fire a calm but firm warning shot "Don't do such-and-such." The such-and-such being selfish/rude/thoughtless. And if the person persists, there's a brief but heated argument. Sometimes I have to be alone after those situations because anger is burning bright. There's a risk of saying something I regret reflecting the overblown and damning judgement I've built up in my mind. Then everybody gets over it.;)

61 - 72 of 72 Posts