Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are INFJ guys affectionate? INFJ girls, if you know any, do you think they are? INFJ guys, what do you think about yourselves in this dept.? Doesn't matter if in private or not. Just in general? To me, a female ENTP, they seem coolish. idk

·
Registered
361 Posts
I am very coolish usually... I only open up that department to a select few. Once that can of worms is open, however, i want to give you all of the warmth that I possess.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'm very affectionate, although I'm not one of those people that just loves all over everyone. It's mainly just the people I'm very close to that I'm very affectionate to. I love showering them with gifts and praise and services and be their shoulder to cry on.

·
Registered
710 Posts
the INFJ I was with a while back-would get so clingy with his significant others, he'd follow them to the bathroom and such he'd rub and caress all over them and want to be with them all the time (not saying that's a bad thing)
but since that's the only INFJ guy I knew in person that's all I can say here

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Are INFJ guys affectionate? INFJ girls, if you know any, do you think they are? INFJ guys, what do you think about yourselves in this dept.? Doesn't matter if in private or not. Just in general? To me, a female ENTP, they seem coolish. idk
The word is "reserved".

Also.. Affection isn't all just hugs, cuddles and holding hands.

For me.. I am not a huggy touchy feely person. I don't like being touched. I hope I show my affection for people through my actions and words.

For my partner however.. I am a pool of affectionate goo.

·
Registered
885 Posts
I am very selective, but once I am given the green light for showing affection, I tend to really show it.

I am not prone to go bankrupt over many things. I watch my budget like a hawk, and though I love upgrading my PC or whatever, I am very frugal. However I would go bankrupt in a heartbeat over showing affection/giving gifts.

I'm not an idiot, I dont want to embarrass the object of my affection, but in my mind.. walking up to her with a flower in the middle of work isn't a big deal because as far as I am concerned, the only people in the building would be me and her.

It can border on worship when gone to the extreme. Easy to smother someone. It is hard to contain so much affection and gratitude.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I wouldn't really describe myself as 'affectionate', I am not a touchy feely type person at all, I don't readily like to show my emotion's or feelings either. I am a very private and reserved person it just usually takes me a lot of time to feel comfortable with people before I can disclose some emotions or feeling. Only those that I get very close to and love am I outwardly very affectionate towards.

I guess I prefer to show affection through words and actions like @Arclight said mostly until I get very close to people were I might be a lot more willing to show a more emotional touchy feely side to myself.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I know that I can be a very affectionate person, yet I also know I can be reserved with my emotions and feelings and it's only with a select few ladies that I show my affection. When I do like a specific lady I usually try to make things funny with random jokes/facts and even poke them on the shoulder and randomly say "boop", which is not only really random and childish but also really hard to pick up on because they may not notice I only do it to them. Sometimes I immediately open up my shell and let them know who I am, and sometimes it takes a while for me to open up so I just remain silly. It depends on the person, and all of the above stated is probably why I'm failing in this department ._.

·
Registered
142 Posts
if we develop a bond... i love to hold hands, cuddle, buy things (drive an hour or two to get your favorite snack... just because i was thinking of you and how much i appreciate you) i dont know... other things.. that im too bashful to mention on here lol.
im not all touchy feely with people ive only met once or twice. most people dont invest the time in me to get past the surface but the few that do get.. "all of me"
in public and the business world im an INT/f/J (little f... it does help getting things done/making powerful friends in the business world) and my private life im all affectionate INFJ.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I'm touchy-feely, but I'm not forward about it. I respect people's space first, and only get really touchy-feely when it's clear that it's welcomed. But yeah, no, I stifle girlfriends with snuggles.
^This guy.

I think if we don't know you or aren't totally comfortable with you, then yeah, we come of as pretty coolish. But when I'm with good friends, I'm quite affectionate. Hugs all day, erryday :p

·
Registered
663 Posts
I am kind of reserve but don't look coolish at all :p, imagine the heart and innocence of a children combine with the knowledge and wisdom of an old man..that's a metaphor of who I am. I like to touch others, specially when they are feeling down. I am like a sponge that suck all the misery that you feel and substitute it with warn feelings. I like spoiling people :p .Think my problems are on the receiving end, I have difficulties to be open to the affection of others but working on it ;p. I am also very passionate but most of the time canalize that passion for humanitarian and intellectual efforts. I perceive the world through my emotions and most of the time intellectualize them lol. Girlfriend wise I am a cuddle slut, I like to pamper her with affection and make her feel secure by creating this space in which there is no judgment, only acceptance. There are few things in life more beautiful than a woman that feels loved. Personally I think that INFJs are very emotional intense but most of the time we are not in touch with that part of ourselves until we find someone that we feel secure enough to show that part of ourselves. We are in search of the soul-bonding thing so don't be fooled by our reserve/cautious mode :p.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts