Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
I think we are quite different from normal, but are pretty excellent at hiding this fact.

Because we size you up with Ni, and then greet you with Fe, it's mostly about *you* We are capable of hiding our inner weird selves.

A lot of our responses are formed by how you interact with us and i think that can be confusing to others. IE, I'll act eccentric if you act eccentric. I can also act straightlaced, if you act straightlaced.

So... we are quite odd and different, but not so much that you would notice (at least not in the first time we meet).

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Basically....yes.

I pretty much do whatever i want despite what other people think, but being INFJ I usually do care what people think. It doesn't make me behave differently, I just spend way too much time thinking about it. But I am proud of being somewhat eccentric. I also agree with Sarah, though, that unless you get to know me, you might not realize I'm actually eccentric. I can appear very "normal" if I want to.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
everyone has their quirks. INFJs may have more than the general population, at least from my experiences...

it's when a friend accepts me with all my weird habits and oddness, then i know they are a friend.

but to answer your question, No, I don't think INFJs are eccentric nor do I think any other type is.

·
Banned
273 Posts
I speak for me only, yes, very much so. I've heard it all my life how weird , odd, different I am. I will never change nor conform to the status quo to please others expectations of me. Most of the people that have pointed this out to me have been extroverted types. I know I'm eccentric and I enjoy it.

Eccentric:

deviating from the recognized or customary character, practice, etc.; irregular; erratic; peculiar; odd: eccentric conduct; an eccentric person.

:mellow:

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Eccentric:

deviating from the recognized or customary character, practice, etc.; irregular; erratic; peculiar; odd: eccentric conduct; an eccentric person.

with that defintion i am pretty eccentric...but people seem be drawn to me...it's weird...i don't understand why really.

I am told something simialr to this by almost everyone i meet "i don't understand you some of the time but you are great"

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
zomboy is saying that perhaps it is not *we* who are eccentric but rather society. ie, maybe we are the normal ones and everyone else is weird.

at least, i think that's what he's saying...
Was I?

Ooh look, toast.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
we're in the same cynical mood. so toy with me if you want. not phased in the slightest.

although, i must tell you, eccentric people don't like toast. too normal.
Toast with hazelnut spread?

I'm definitely the most convincing normal person I know.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
The pheasant has no agenda.
Oooh, is this like military code?

The monkey is in the silo. The farmer crows at breakfast. All snails have become irate. Lucy is in the sky with diamonds.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
My mom is an INFJ(or ENFJ, but more likely INFJ), but I wouldn't really say she's eccentric.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Just hanging up some carotts from the ceiling............ oh yeah, erm, well i think eccentric is really a non-word, nobody is weird everyone is normal, as i see it someone's character builds in its own individual ways, unfortunately sometimes it leads to people using it for the wrong reasons, but any word such as weird or eccentric, sends a shudder down my spine.

Lets just say, i view all people with an equal playing field, and i do not believe it should matter at all to people the way i may behave or the things i am interested in from time to time, but sadly I tend to end up falling to the clutches of "society's expectations" perhaps too easily, it would be nice to feel free, but something has lodged itself in my concious that i must be so and so, fighting that can do more damage than an actual physical fight.

·
Super Moderator
11,229 Posts
I speak for me only, yes, very much so. I've heard it all my life how weird , odd, different I am. I will never change nor conform to the status quo to please others expectations of me. Most of the people that have pointed this out to me have been extroverted types. I know I'm eccentric and I enjoy it.

Eccentric:

Thank you!

Guess what? People still tell me these types of things all the time and then some! I love that I dance to a different drum!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts