Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some one told me that the word gullible had been removed from the dictionary and i believed them.
Are we gullible, I know that I am. People tell me all sorts of rubbish and I tend to believe them. I am extremely honest (or so i like to think!!) and really don't like lying or having to lie. I guess I assume every one else is like this and are as truthful and honest as i try to be, so don't consider that they might not be totally honest. I also take people on face value and am non judgmental so accept what they tell me.

·
Banned
2,078 Posts
I am gullible sometimes. If the person is a good 'tricker'. But usually I just "know" from the time they open their mouth that they're about to fib lol.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
It depends but I can usually tell when someone is lieing, They have to be pretty convincing to get me to believe them straight away otherwise I won't believe them or simply wouldn't care, If they want me to believe then they have to show me. :tongue:

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
I'm more-so the person that tricks others.

Exaggerating my stories and offering facts that are reasonable, but a joke.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Maybe not so much gullible but perhaps a bit more naive or 'face value' if anything. But I have been getting a little better though thanks to my job. I'm getting at better at asking more 'whys' and being a little more skeptical...but in a good way I think. More aware maybe...

·
Registered
188 Posts
If we train ourselves to detect BS then we can be really good at it, (but so can most people). I know for myself I tend to trust that most people wouldn't want to be thought of as a liar so I tend to give them the benefit of the doubt to their face. I always go and try to verify what was told to me by questionable sources after the fact. Look out for the people with big egos they tend to say anything to save face. It takes A LOT of trial and error to get it right.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I work with people with a learning disability and have found they can be either really rubbish at being deceiving/out right lying or really have a talent for it. Their whole body language can say I am being totally honest and truthful with you and feel really hurt that you don't believe me/trust me, but then let them selves down by not remembering a small detail and give the game away. I think that when they are saying it they probably often believe it them selves but then go off on a tangent and do something really quirky instead. People expect some one with downs syndrome to be be a typical stereotype but they are often any thing but.

·
(ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧
5,108 Posts
Some one told me that the word gullible had been removed from the dictionary and i believed them.
No, it has been removed. You should check.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I'm more-so the person that tricks others.

Exaggerating my stories and offering facts that are reasonable, but a joke.
That's me pretty much... I can't help but make up stories or facts just for laughs, and I'm a hella good actor so I can lead people on and then drop it on them that I was joking all along.

·
Registered
36 Posts
No, I'm super skeptical instead. I never believe anyone and it makes my life sometimes harder. :laughing: I need to hear the same fact from multiple different people in separate situations and I still want to go to Internet and search for it more closely.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts