Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Banned
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are infp's considered "eccentric" and can we easily spot ppl who're fake eccentrics

I hate to see fake eccentrics getting attention for it and being seen as genuinely unique.
i.e, lady gaga.
I'm so crazy about her. She needs to do the disappearing act, IMO. For good.
Sorry, I just get obsessed with trivial things like this. Is it just me? :tongue:

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
I am eccentric, and the attention-seeking fake eccentrics sometimes irritate me too, when I am certain they are just doing it for fame and recognition. Sometimes I have trouble being able to tell, and in those cases, I withhold judgment.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I greatly despise that cunt. Excuse my language. But she is all over the media, and I hate seeing her and her latest antics.
haha!

well, like I said, I like what music of hers I've heard.... except the one with Beyonce, that annoyed me

·
Registered
815 Posts
I greatly despise that cunt. Excuse my language. But she is all over the media, and I hate seeing her and her latest antics.
OK.

She does seem eccentric to me though. If you look beyond her costumes and music it's pretty clear. Watch some of her good interviews to see what I mean.

·
Banned
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK.

She does seem eccentric to me though. If you look beyond her costumes and music it's pretty clear. Watch some of her good interviews to see what I mean.
I've watched a lot of her interviews. And it's obvious to me that she is trying to come off as mysterious, sexy, and intelligent. Usually she just looks awkward and like she is thinking too much about how she's coming across physically and making sure she doesn't contradict herself in one interview.
She has lied so many times in different interviews. I'm really surprised no one, fan or non-fan, has not called her out on it yet.

People that try to be weird and different are always the most boring people... and fake.

I mean yeah, she did some research on a few typical art student philosophies about art. Like that doesn't make anyone eccentric. You learn that basic shit in art school.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
1. not really. the majority of INFP's from what I have seen are mostly private with spots of eccentricity occasionally coming out. I think an INFP with developed E would find it much easier to bring out their enthusiastic behaviors. Even the quietest and most timid of INFP's can be randomly bubbly and appear like an ENFP sometimes.

2. yes it's easy to tell if someones behavior is genuine or not as an Ne user. we're built to read the subtle differences between different motivations and read the book not the cover.

·
Banned
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1. not really. the majority of INFP's from what I have seen are mostly private with spots of eccentricity occasionally coming out. I think an INFP with developed E would find it much easier to bring out their enthusiastic behaviors. Even the quietest and most timid of INFP's can be randomly bubbly and appear like an ENFP sometimes.

2. yes it's easy to tell if someones behavior is genuine or not as an Ne user. we're built to read the subtle differences between different motivations and read the book not the cover.
Are you calling me stupid?

·
Registered
58 Posts
It feels unfair when posers are getting attention for their fake uniqueness, while my truly unique qualities are being ignored ('cause they don't come off as unique in a.. fashionable way). Unique and eccentric aren't synonyms, though.

In other words: I get your point, Rainbow. I don't think of Lady Gaga as eccentric either. She seems more like a clever pop cultural strategist, or something, to me (but I haven't seen too much of her yet).

·
Banned
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It feels unfair when posers are getting attention for their fake uniqueness, while my truly unique qualities are being ignored ('cause they don't come off as unique in a.. fashionable way). Unique and eccentric aren't synonyms, though.

In other words: I get your point, Rainbow. I don't think of Lady Gaga as eccentric either. She seems more like a clever pop cultural strategist, or something, to me (but I haven't seen too much of her yet).
I am bitter that I'm not getting fame for being strange. Lol
She definitely is clever. Lady Gaga realized that "eccentricity" made her money. Now it's her persona. Celebrities make money off of their persona. And I want to burn them alive.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
I can always tell when someone is 'fake' eccentric it pisses me off,I can not stand kids like that.
Like okay I'm sorry to TRUE anime fans but the reason I basically hate anything anime related is because the kids that were into would act so fakely weird like over the top 'look at me look at me!!" weird like just trying to get attention for being weird when in reality they were never really like that.

I don't think I'm eccentric or anything,I mean people usually will be like you're really fucking weird but I love you!
which I never get how they see me as weird I mean I'm just myself..

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I kind of feel the same way about that ever-evolving teen subculture that went from emo to scene to indie to hipster or Passion Pit groupies or whatever they are now... ~*~ I am so unique and original ~*~ - yeah, you're just as bad as the Hollister-wearing jocks you profess to hate... conforming to your now-mainstream subculture is the same as conforming to the typical mainstream I think. Went off on a tangent but the people born in the early 90s can probably relate

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have been called eccentric I have no idea how many times. I don't want to act eccentric, just for some reason a lot of people think I am.

My whole family is full of eccentric people. We have a totally weird family. You should see our family gatherings LOL

·
Banned
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have been called eccentric I have no idea how many times. I don't want to act eccentric, just for some reason a lot of people think I am.

My whole family is full of eccentric people. We have a totally weird family. You should see our family gatherings LOL
haha tell us about it!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I hate to see fake eccentrics getting attention for it and being seen as genuinely unique.
i.e, lady gaga.
I'm so crazy about her. She needs to do the disappearing act, IMO. For good.
Sorry, I just get obsessed with trivial things like this. Is it just me? :tongue:

It's not just you. Do you ever see people in public who do things like dye their hair pink and wear a whole bunch of chains and other attention grabbing items just to draw focus to themselves? Thats a good sign of a fake eccentric. (just based of appearance) When it comes to personality, other fake eccentrics TRY to come off as being alternative, different, and unique from mainstream culture(take hippies, new agers, etc for example). Whats ironic is being different and alternative is cliche so these wannabe eccentric people end up looking like regular schmoes. You get it? They just adopt a persona that some other group of people who call themselves different adopt, and now they're "alternative" and "eccentric".

There is a difference between personality and individuality. Personality is a PERSONA. Individuality is something that cannot be duplicated because we all have different life experiences and process things in totally different ways. That being said, people may be similar but not exactly the same. For example, we all have individual faces and features but someone may say we look similar to someone else they know or have seen.

When a person finds the innate qualities which makes them an INDIVIDUAL and isn't afraid to bring those qualities to the forefront, that is a REAL eccentric. And they only come off as "eccentric" because we may have never come across someone as true to themselves in the way that that particular person is.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
N dominants are typically considered eccentric.

So you find people who are 'fake eccentrics' and look down on them? Does it ever occur to you that these people may not be trying to be eccentric?

1 - 20 of 102 Posts