Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if this was asked or not.
But I was just wondering if ya'll stay home a lot, and how much time would you say you do?
Like, I would say I'm home like 98% of each week. LoL

·
Registered
298 Posts
Yes.
It's of huge importance to me that I have my own space at home, so I have my own room (not the bedroom. I'm married) and I spend a lot of time and effort to make it as cozy as possible.
I probably spend 99% of the time I'm awake there. <3

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
I'm a homebody.
Looking back, I say that I usually go out with "friends" about once a month.
For my old boyfriends, I saw them twice a week.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Generally, I'm a homebody. I do need to commute to work, but on my free time I'm quite happy at home. I don't have my own garden/outdoor space, so I sometimes drag myself out to parks...I need the trees! Also, I enjoy going out to eat with a few friends (when I can afford it:unsure:), and the museums (which are like second homes to me, so there you go.) Once I'm home, though, I'm pretty much ensconced.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
It cycles. I get homebody phases, but with kids, I prefer to get them out and about whether it's hiking or to the park. The problem with being at home is that it's the same predictable experience of being at home. I already know the feeling I get of just putzing at home. It's comforting, but it isn't new or challenging.

Even during the first 4 months of this year when I didn't really want to be out, I was still social by inviting people over for dinner parties.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I love to go out and see the world, but I like to stay "within myself" while I do that. Every once in a while I'll actually want to get myself out there and really make an impact with something...but I do LOVE to stay home by myself or with a significant other. :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
I spend most of my time outside of work at home. Often times the only people I'll speak to on the weekends will be the desk workers at my gym who greet everyone. I do all of my shopping online if possible. If I have to go to the grocery store or run other errands, I do it early when they open or late at night to avoid crowds.

While I enjoy my solitude at home, I know it's not healthy. You need to have a balance. I try to push myself to at least go outside for a walk on the weekends. I'm getting a new laptop so I can take it out into public to write.

·
Registered
335 Posts
mon-friday im mostly in school, then hanging out afterwards at a café doing my homework og haning out with my pals having beer. or going home to sleep if i only got 3 hours the previous nite... in weekends i do whatever, hanging out with friends or meeting new people... or i stay home.....

i like staying home but if i do that too much i get restless because i like change . im such a dreamer and if i dont do anything i get sad cause i dream big..

·
Banned
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I spend most of my time outside of work at home. Often times the only people I'll speak to on the weekends will be the desk workers at my gym who greet everyone. I do all of my shopping online if possible. If I have to go to the grocery store or run other errands, I do it early when they open or late at night to avoid crowds.

While I enjoy my solitude at home, I know it's not healthy. You need to have a balance. I try to push myself to at least go outside for a walk on the weekends. I'm getting a new laptop so I can take it out into public to write.
Hahahaha you sound like me. I even go to Central Park at 6am and stay until too many people show up. It's just not comfortable when others are there. Besides, it's nice to be there when the sun just comes up.

True, we need balance. No sun = deteriorating health
:3

... if I lived in a place liked Scotland or Ireland I would be outside all day long.

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
I spend most of my time alone, but even the most extreme introvert still needs human contact occasionally. I get restless and feel like anything solitary is less meaningful than that which is shared. I start losing my sense of purpose if I'm away from other people for too long. Part of this might come from my need for validation. I want to be loved as a freak, and in order to do so, I need to be around normal folks to reestablish the contrast that makes me special. My ability to communicate suffers and I babble when I try to talk if I haven't spoken to anyone in a few weeks. I start feeling lonely and have fantasies about wandering around with nomadic hippies. I'd probably be indoors most of the time if it weren't for the fact that I love solitary walks in the woods. Where I am now, there is no safe place to walk, so I spend almost all day, from the time I get up until I go to bed, in my bedroom or in the sewing room.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Well its a typical introvert's domain, so yes. I don't go anywhere but work, run errands, and to get some air.

I spend most of my time alone, but even the most extreme introvert still needs human contact occasionally. I get restless and feel like anything solitary is less meaningful than that which is shared. I start losing my sense of purpose if I'm away from other people for too long. Part of this might come from my need for validation. I want to be loved as a freak, and in order to do so, I need to be around normal folks to reestablish the contrast that makes me special. My ability to communicate suffers and I babble when I try to talk if I haven't spoken to anyone in a few weeks. I start feeling lonely and have fantasies about wandering around with nomadic hippies. I'd probably be indoors most of the time if it weren't for the fact that I love solitary walks in the woods. Where I am now, there is no safe place to walk, so I spend almost all day, from the time I get up until I go to bed, in my bedroom or in the sewing room.

I can see where you're coming from. Even though I can go weeks without any human contact, I still fantasize about being with someone I have a deep friendship with, but the paradox is that I don't like meeting new people and don't want just anybody to be a friend with. It reminds me how there are people out there that have many friends, but still feel lonely due to a lack of deeper relationships. Its like that. It has to be a vibrational match. Its easily relieved through the stories I write, so its not that big of a problem.

·
Banned
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I spend most of my time alone, but even the most extreme introvert still needs human contact occasionally. I get restless and feel like anything solitary is less meaningful than that which is shared. I start losing my sense of purpose if I'm away from other people for too long. Part of this might come from my need for validation. I want to be loved as a freak, and in order to do so, I need to be around normal folks to reestablish the contrast that makes me special. My ability to communicate suffers and I babble when I try to talk if I haven't spoken to anyone in a few weeks. I start feeling lonely and have fantasies about wandering around with nomadic hippies.
You can live with a US hippie group that travels together for life. I forget the name exactly. it's like, an option. :3

·
Registered
31 Posts
I enjoy staying at home too. I have the great luck to work half time at home, wich is essential to my mental health :)
Most of time I have difficulties to go out, but I struggle myself to do it to keep a bit of social life. I also do my shopping online if it's possible. What's funny is that I hate crowds, except in concerts, maybe because I feel myself at home there!

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
I'm not always sure whether I'm an INFP or INFJ. I've often scored either on the test. I can't say I'm a homebody, because I don't necessarily have to be at HOME XD I just love close-quartered and quiet environments where I can be with few people or just myself. It's my way of keeping the external world out and I really don't see a problem with that. As opposed to walking around a bunch of noisy crowds and being a slave to whatever weather conditions there are that day, it seems like a far better option to ME personally.

When I do go outside, I have my preferences -.- I like a specific kind of weather (not hot or cold, and very little STEADY wind circulation [mostly because I can't control the way I look otherwise. I'm very concerned with looking put together/the way I want to) with few cars so I feel comfortable taking long walks, at night (because I hate the sun. It's too bright for me, and more people are outside during the day,) and again, with very few people around (I hate noise and randomly having to talk to people..) My biggest thing, I guess, is that when you're inside, pretty much if not everything is predictable. When I go out, I am susceptible to everything, which I am not comfortable with. I had an ENTP boyfriend who was almost the exact opposite of me. He would deliberately walk into a thunderstorm...

I was pretty sure this made me a J 0_o but then I saw INFPs saying they felt the same XD ..so maybe it doesn't.

I love to look at PICTURES of nature, however, but those pictures are of nature in a distilled form. I also fantasize sometimes about being one with it. Again, it's the unpredictability I hate.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I don't really feel at home in my house, where I have grown up and still currently live - home has always been a place in my mind however, I can always perceive a place as 'home' when I'm in that state.

I think I feel most at home in the art studio....... or camping :D Hell, I could live in a tent. (Maybe I shall)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts