Personality Cafe banner

are INFPs lazy?

• Yes, naturally lazy! and very little we can do to change it!

Votes: 22 20.0%
  • Yes,..but we can change it!!

Votes: 59 53.6%
  • Nooo, not necessarily lazy! (pls explain in post)

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are we?

and can we change it and succeed in eliminating it?
or not?
how?

·
Registered
710 Posts
I'm INFJ.. although sometimes INFP.. uncertain. I'm lazy with friendships, I admit it. If I make a huge effort then I can get out of it but otherwise my natural state is to just be alone.

Reactions: Plaxico

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I know that I definitely have a huge procrastinatory streak.

It's a case of putting off things I dislike doing because my imagination 'forecasts' events. For example - I hate using the phone, no matter how proficient I become at telephone conversations, so I will put it off as much as possible and sometimes more.

If I haven't spoken to someone in a while, I will probably carry on not speaking to them because I'm anxious, which only makes the problem worse.

If I am working on a project and it has since relinquished its control over my every waking moment, I will probably be reluctant to work on it either because I'm not 'feeling' it or I know there is a lot of work to do and the simple fact overwhelms me.

However, I know that I always have the option of acting or not. IT'S REALLY DIFFICULT SOMETIMES, but I will not accept that I do not have the ability to overcome this tendency. I think it will always be a struggle, and I have yet to come up with a 'magic answer'. But I'm not one to give up easily.

Although... as a last minute thought, I always seem to be more willing to do things while I'm already doing things. I think either activity or inactivity becomes a habit after a while.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Let's take a look at earth and all of it's problems... All of mankind is lazy!

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
I have always said I was not lazy but lately I have begun to finally admit that yes, I am lazy. Why am I so lazy? I have pondered this and decided it has something to do with responsibility. the more shit you do, the more shit you are responsible for. If you don't do anything, you have no responsibilities and you are free. I guess being lazy must also have to do with wanting freedom. ?

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I don't think INFPs are lazy, I mean may lay around allot and not do much, but only because i don't see the point in doing anything but creating! I don't like to clean, I don't like to do labor work, I don't like to do anything but create things, does it make me lazy because I want to work more on my passion then anything else no! But I can say this if you can get me out of the rut and make me clean I wont stop until I crash, and i know of other INFPs who are the same way!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I dont think its laziness, but a matter of dreaming to much, being unmotivated, or just being huge procrastinators. I notice I tend to do things at the very last minute lolol. always.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I dont think its laziness, but a matter of dreaming to much, being unmotivated, or just being huge procrastinators. I notice I tend to do things at the very last minute lolol. always.
i do to, which motivates me xD like just today, i kept off from cleaning my apartment until like a few minutes ago because I knew my roommates coming home and they get mad when the apartments a mess and I am sitting on the computer doing something with art and listening to music, so I wait till the last few hours and clean real quick and then continue what I was doing :p

·
Registered
62 Posts
No, I am not lazy. I just prefer to imagine how I am doing something instead of really do it. That's much more comfortable and much less exhausting.

Okay, yes, I am lazy. But once I really start to do something, I am very diligent and hard working.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
No, if I want to do something then I will do it... no problems.
Am I distracted? Yes.
Is lazy another way for people to push there standards on me for not wearing myself thin like them? Yep.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts