Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm totally obsessed with stars, and singers, and the archetypes of what they mean. I mean, c'mon, I had Courtney Love and Jarvis Cocker in my profile image xD...that must mean something. What I mean is that I love some celebrities quite dearly, because I love them, what they represent, and I don't know, I have a personality that's obsessed with what pop culture gives you. Not as much analyzing it as...incorporing it and knowing how world works thanks to you.
Like famous couples. Like Woody Allen. Like Madonna. I'm obsessed with that kind of people.
you guys? i don't know what people thinks but i'm not gonna change xDD i'm that pop xD

·
Registered
299 Posts
This, seems weird to me :confused:.

Sure I do admire certain artists/bands/whatever, but I don't worship them anymore.

Gaah, this was confuzzzling >.<

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not saying that I worship them.
Just saying that I like knowing why some people admire others, their meaning.

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
nope.... k just leaving it at that would make me sound like a dick..... but yea.... i don't...... But I can see how you would use it to like... you know have someone universal to dissect.

Reactions: murderegina

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I've never really cared what's going on with pop culture, Never been interested :tongue:

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
I care somewhat. Like musicians that I just started liking, I'll try to get to know about them to learn why they make their type of music or something. Other than that and watching clip shows, not so much.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
At one point, and to an odd extent.

When I was 12 I made a celebrity picture website which grew popular enough that I could use the money I made to pay for Uni. Long story short, I was pretty obsessive back then.

Now though, I can have a preference for a few actors and if I see them in a movie I'd -consider- going to see it, but nothing over the top. In terms of musicians, I usually don't respect the artists per-se, and I rarely like more than 3 songs from anyone.

edit:
p.s. There's nothing wrong with your views on it though :D, just a matter of preference.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I must say I've always loathed pop-culture. And especially Courtney Love because of what she did to Kurt Cobain; driven him to the point of suicide and (maybe) finished that job for him.

When people are famous just to be famous, it almost makes me nauseous - in my opinion, these people get credit for things they don't deserve credit for. And lets face it, everyone with a bunch of money, an average talent for something creative and the right connections can get famous.

However, there are many pop-stars I do respect because beside being poppy and commercial, they have something unique to give - the person I was talking about in the paragraph above is probably Paris Hilton..

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
I am anti pop-culture. I refuse to be any part of the superficial mind set of these people. But I don't put down anyone that follows them. There is a lot to be learned from the psychological aspect of crowed following.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Never bothered much abt pop culture...I'm kinda anti-herd mentality. However, I love reading about the stories of success in these people, and what they stand for.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Never bothered much abt pop culture...I'm kinda anti-herd mentality. However, I love reading about the stories of success in these people, and what they stand for.
This is what I mean.

4,757 Posts
The only real reason I would care about a celebrity is if I'm completely obsessed with a character they play (I loooove fictional characters). I tend like them much more, but I'm not obsessed with them.

Even then, it tends to be about actors who are relatively obscure and are on tv. Movie stars - meh.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I actually find almost all pop culture disgusting. Every time I see anything on MTV, I feel confused. Watching Katy Perry jump around in a virtual Candy Land and seeing Courtney Love get countless amounts of surgery, makes me nervous for our generation and generations to come. I'm not saying these people should be crucified, but I do think they should be ostracized.

It is foolish to idolize people who bring nothing meaningful or intelligent to the world. What is the purpose in jumping around trying to attract all the sexual attention you can? I thought when evolution was clearly defined, we valued more than our primal instincts. Pop culture has more than an obligation to entertain, it is coated with ulterior motives to distract from the separate truths of the world. I can only respect those who want to share their art, not their naked body in the spotlight.

·
Banned
2,025 Posts
I follow pop culture, but I rarely want to know much about entertainers other than their work. Not even documentaries about their work. Sometimes I show some extra interest in the lives of celebrities who might be INFP. Still, I like the MTV show "When I Was 17."

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
I'm not pop culture obsessed.....although, when I hear that phrase, I think of someone who watches reality TV and reads tabloids and knows who every C-rate celeb is. That sort of revolts me; I'll get on my high horse & say that I have no interest in that trash. I don't follow celebrities' lives or idolize their mostly hollow & immoral lifestyles. I definitely DON'T see them as "role models".

I do like pop culture in the sense that I like movies & music & popular forms of entertainment in general. If it blurs the lines between entertainment & art, then even better. Sometimes I do live under a rock as to what is popular or current in the media, but I don't try to be that way. I find that a form of snobbery which I dislike also....

There are a few famous people I admire for their talent or "image" & what it represents (see Robert Smith in my sig), but I'm not particularly interested in the nitty gritty details of their lives. Sometimes I find interviews interesting to learn about the person as an "artist", whether their art is acting or music or writing. Creative people tend to be interesting to me, so from that perspective, I may find a celeb interesting. People who are famous just for being famous turn me off big time though. I have more respect for famous people who stay low key when it comes to the public eye.

·
Registered
648 Posts
All 3 of the ISFPs I know are VEEERRRRYYYY obsessed with pop culture and celebrities, they're more in to the weird ones like Lady Gaga and the indie kinds of celebs, but that makes up the bulk of their conversation.

I'm not saying that because of this 1 thing youre not an N, but N is more introspective and less focused on the outside world such as celebrites and stuff. Your probs INFP though. Just saying. :crazy: -shot-

1 - 20 of 25 Posts