Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear ISTP, are INTJ attractive to you? If yes, why? If no, why not? I'm trying to get the big picture on this, i.e. what other types think about us in terms of attraction.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I don't know any INTJ females in person--they're a rare breed.

But based on what I've read over on the INTJ part of the forum they seem like a pretty good bunch. :happy:

Reactions: Dove

·
Banned
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But based on what I've read over on the INTJ part of the forum they seem like a pretty good bunch. :happy:
Why is that? My cousin is an ISTP. She's totally into arts and sculpture and that stuff. We do get along quite well, even though our interests are quite different. She's very shy, hardly says a thing.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
I actually do know an INTJ female, at least that was her MBTI result. She's quite interesting but really tough to get close to. Then again, not like I ever been good at getting close to anyone in the first place :tongue:

I'd love to drill her skull open and have a look inside, perhaps in the future. She used to be classmate for some time in highschool but left the school eventually. I only recently checked up on her again after like almost a decade of no contact - though that was less because of her intriguing personality at first rather than having shared some similar childhood experiences - which had me take her the test to see whether or not there was a similar personality development. Since I'm a fair mix of ISTJ/P I'd dare to say the personality development has been somewhat alike, though it took her years longer than I to grow self conscious. But hey, at least it made click at last :proud:

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
According to sociology, INTJ's like ISTP's for everything we do involving Se. So they admire us for our abilities in sports, our adaptability, etc... but we don't get a whole lot out of INTJ's past their sense of humor and taste in similar activities... and from my experience I'll have to agree.

I can't talk to INTJ's in serious conversation because its always one sided. I like to ponder possibilities and discuss my miniature fantasies, and they tell me how i'm unrealistic, or my thought process is wrong somehow. The best and only conversations I ever have with INTJ's are when I ask them to teach me something, or when we throw one liner jokes back and forth.

I have no idea about INTJ women though. There's one that I think might be an INTJ and I don't really feel anything for her even though I know she's really hot. Just not my type I guess.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I'll be honest, I struggle with xNxJ's, but that's based mostly on INFJ interaction. I've read that on the outside the INTJ and the ISTP can appear similar. It's something I'd be willing to try for a short while, but only with a solid T.

·
Registered
42 Posts
My INTJ sister is my best friend ...completely... we are both not confrontational and have amazing conversations(possibly because I am bordering INTP) I can get irritated with her at times because she tends to be less organized than me (odd since I am a P and she is a J) she is a great listener oh and men LOVE her shes a complete freakazoid and tends to say the weirdest things to strangers, but guys think she is charming and funny so maybe I am doing something wrong lol. But anyways I think she is the smartest person I know, but lacks motivation I think... also can be quite one sided and doesn't like me to point out when she's wrong she also hates being complimented but I don't like it either she can also come off as cold to people who don't know her like I know her... to me she shows her soft side... but overall shes wonderful...creative, HILARIOUS, and brilliant.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
I wouldnt know. Every woman I have known personally would either be INFP, INFJ, ENFP or ENFJ. All I know is ENFP and ENFJs tend to be a bit TOOO flirty it seems.

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
All I know is ENFP and ENFJs tend to be a bit TOOO flirty it seems.
So it's not only me...many ENFPs and ENFJs that I know tend to be very flirtatious.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
So it's not only me...many ENFPs and ENFJs that I know tend to be very flirtatious.
This would be my experience as well, in the turn however, they're the only types that can successfully pull me out of my comfort zone on a frequent basis, which isn't a bad thing given their charming/loving/warm nature.

Though, they love 'being in love' (e.g flirting) so they might never settle for a partner for too long but keep on bouncing around to keep up that feeling.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have never knowingly encountered an INTJ girl.

But INTJ's in general are pretty cool customers. I like them. In fact, my father is an INTJ. He's pretty much the only one in my entire family I can rest easy around (everyone else is either Fe or Fi dominant).

I really appreciate the way that I can bounce ideas off of my Dad. He fine tunes my thinking, and I his.

Back when I still lived at home it was always his role to do the computer programming, and mine to do the networking. We made a great team :cool:

·
Registered
46 Posts
I know two INTJ girls and yeah they definitely are. A little awkward but tons of neat shit going on underneath.

My roomate is an INTJ guy.....and he pisses me off like its his job.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Hm ... my ex roomate is an INTJ and was pretty creepy ... Of course, it could be just him although Snape from Harry Potter is also supposed to be one? I haven't met anyone else, are the female INTJs similar? In this case, they probably wouldn't be attractive to me, I like light-spirited people.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Damn, I always let slip so fast after saying something :D (Yeah, I should really type people as fast as I meet them, not wait so long.) Anyway, I like an INTJ, so how do you hit on them? This one doesn't notice me at all. :bored:

·
Registered
46 Posts
The Intjs I know all think Im hillarious even though Im only average at funniness. Go forth and be funny.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
INTJ's have an entertaining head cinema (imagining things in their own world in a funny manner), so it can be quite easy to entertain them. Especially since I feel like I share that personality trait with them to an extend. My mind is so abstract and dry and many imaginaries just crack me up.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Good suggestions :D But this one is all into abstractive physical stuff so I think I first have to educate myself on this field before trying to crack up jokes about it ...

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
Good suggestions :D But this one is all into abstractive physical stuff so I think I first have to educate myself on this field before trying to crack up jokes about it ...
You do it unconsciously most of the time dependent on how you put / phrase things, or dependent on the statement you make. As an ISTP you won't, or at least I don't get their 'head cinema' all the times, but at times I can relate.

This begs the question whether or not INTJ's find meme's funny. I for one find many of them hilarious and they crack me up repeatedly.

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
I think there's an INTJ girl who used to hit on me. When she gets mad, all the blood leaves her face and it looks like the soul leaves her body. I get scared. I'm not really that interested in her, but she is in me, and I think my running away only makes her chase me more... haha. if I was interested in her, its probably purely physical. I think I need an F.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts