Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you think INTJs are really intolerant of lazy and immoral people and tend towards conservatism or SJW-ism? Would you say they are "unforgiving" and "ruthless" as a type and lean towards authoritarian positions like the police, bus drivers and military?

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Bus drivers?
Reminds me of this :3.

Intolerant is a strong word. Dislike is more of my feelings concerning such people. I might be opposed by my other INTJ brethren, but I tend to be more flexible and forgiving when it comes to faults. That being said, I don't exactly forget slights and mistakes - two things I keep in mind when dealing with such individuals again.

Reactions: LittleMermaid

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Naw, hardasses come in all shapes and sizes. If there's any link between psychological types and hardassery, it's probably Enneagram 8 more than anything else.

·
Registered
ILI
5,652 Posts
God no.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Do you think INTJs are really intolerant of lazy and immoral people and tend towards conservatism or SJW-ism? Would you say they are "unforgiving" and "ruthless" as a type and lean towards authoritarian positions like the police, bus drivers and military?
I'm intolerant of lazy and immoral people if it directly affects me, beyond that they just annoy me. I'll simply do whatever I can to minimize their impact IE if I know someone is lazy I won't assign them to any critical part of a project, if someone is immoral then I won't trust them with much of anything.

I wouldn't describe myself as ruthless or unforgiving though. I do draw clear boundaries with people, but I don't feel like I'm being ruthless and I'm very willing to forgive but I will keep past actions in mind when making decisions about how to interact with this person in the future.

·
Registered
474 Posts
hehe - bus drivers.

I am definitely not a hardass! There are times when I go a little too far on the high horse or have unmotivated lazy stretches and others' leeway with me is very much appreciated. For this reason I usually pick up the slack for lazy people (depending on situation) and give a little bit of leeway to those whose moral compass/construct is different to mine in case there are things going on for them at the time that I'm not aware of.

If it goes on for long enough or gets worse and said person is not getting message I simply extricate myself from their life or the situation. There are no orders issued or fireworks - it's more like a cut off switch. People get plenty of chances with me but when it reaches a certain point there is no going back; I'll be civil but that's it.

While as a general rule I don't like laziness and will distance myself from lazy people I consider it to be pretty rude and condescending to demand that someone behave in a certain way - which I imagine is what you mean when you ask about us being hard asses. Anyway, motivating people works better than demands.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I wouldn't consider myself a hardass, but I know that if I feel the need to be, I can easily do it. My 3 younger brothers wanted to play little league, so I told them I would pay for it and train them, but they had to do it my way. I made them run a couple miles every morning, and they also had to practice a few hours everyday... There were days I'm pretty sure they hated me, but a deal is a deal... But if it is something I don't think there is a reason to be a hardass about, then I'm super laid back and don't care.
I suppose if I were a sergeant in the army, I would probably be a hardcore hardass.
Like someone else said, I don't think it is linked to Type, hardasses come in all types... Well, maybe all except a ISFJ, I couldn't see one of them being a hardass. =D

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know my type INFP has a reputation for kind of being wusses and my best friend who's a girl is an INTJ. We're actually pretty similar in a lot of ways but I know she has a lot less tolerance for BS than I do and it's because she's a perfectionist. I'm very aware of my weaknesses so I cut people a lot of slack. It takes a LOT for me to cut someone out of my life, like I'd literally have to fear for my safety or my loved one's safety. I just recently had to cut someone out for that reason and I do feel kind of bad about it but I have to protect myself.

·
Jaffa Master
7,575 Posts
I'm a lazy liberal, so no. I'm not forgiving if I take issue with something someone in authority says provided I have all the information to know better, but I don't antagonize someone in authority just because they're in authority.

·
Banned
3,255 Posts
I would say they are neither. I would say they are idealists who are frequently frustrated by their inability to realise their ideals. We could probably give any infp a run for their money in terms of idealism. What people see is just the Te going nuts in an effort to control the environment and bring about the ideal. They incorrectly interpret this as judgement, coldness, lack of empathy and insane levels of perfectionism. What's really going on, on the inside, is a person feeling crushed by the enormity of their vision and how poorly that translates into the outer world.

I don't seek power or authority over anyone willingly. I will assume it if no-one else steps up to the plate or if the people stepping up to the plate are incompetent. But I frequently see my own leadership as a poor thing when compared to others with a more amenable expression that works better with people.

INTJ is more often than not, frustrated, disappointed and demotivated by the craziness which is working with other people. It's very rarely authoritarian and unforgiving or ruthless.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
I would say they are neither. I would say they are idealists who are frequently frustrated by their inability to realise their ideals. We could probably give any infp a run for their money in terms of idealism. What people see is just the Te going nuts in an effort to control the environment and bring about the ideal. They incorrectly interpret this as judgement, coldness, lack of empathy and insane levels of perfectionism. What's really going on, on the inside, is a person feeling crushed by the enormity of their vision and how poorly that translates into the outer world.

I don't seek power or authority over anyone willingly. I will assume it if no-one else steps up to the plate or if the people stepping up to the plate are incompetent. But I frequently see my own leadership as a poor thing when compared to others with a more amenable expression that works better with people.

INTJ is more often than not, frustrated, disappointed and demotivated by the craziness which is working with other people. It's very rarely authoritarian and unforgiving or ruthless.
Well said. I couldn't agree more.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I'm an ultimate hardass with the upmost of flexibility, until I run into the lazy intolerant sheep you speak of.

·
Administrator
23,690 Posts
I don't even know if this is a means to garner honest results, there was a bet that you lost and rather than swim in the shark tank for real you went for the online version, that out there people actually think in stereotypes (really distorted ones) like this or you thought there was actually a possibility that this type were police, military and bus drivers with little tolerance to anyone stepping out of line. I'm going to assume it's for honest answers.

It's just a cognitive process preference we all share with some common likes and dislikes here and there like other types do.

I'm more left on the political compass. I won't say "liberal" because in Australia it means something other than the actual meaning of the word.... so green...I'm more green. I wouldn't say I'm SJW either. Not sure where I'd fit in that one.

·
Spam-I-am
14,061 Posts
bus drivers?
it's not so much intolerant of lazy or unethical people [5w6 trait] as it is being un efficient
and as for power it means nothing to a majority of us, there are exceptions as in putin and clinton
we will become dominate and take over as ''leaders'' only when the situation calls for it
we are solo performers who do not require a audience or praise
p.s. whats up with the bus drivers?
those poor bastards have it bad enough

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
Do you think INTJs are really intolerant of lazy and immoral people and tend towards conservatism or SJW-ism?
'lazy' and 'immoral' are such subjective words that the question has no meaning in itself. it's like asking 'do intjs laugh at funny stuff'? you'll get a yes, probably. but that's not going to tell you a thing. i'm squicked out by conservative types. it seems to me like a mindset so limited it practically qualifies as them having something faintly unmentionable wrong with their brains. half of you doesn't want to look, and the other half is too fascinated and repelled not to stare.

edit: just googled sjw. i definitely tend more that way, but on a private level. i don't like anything that smacks of emotional hijack and i can't stand being harangued by just about anybody, about just about anything. i don't like polemic from any point on any political map regardless of sincerity levels. i don't like dishonesty and polemical talk is always 'dishonest' to me, no matter what it's about. it's not precise enough to be anything else.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I think INTJ's are prone to authoritarianism but ENTJ's are even more. Being judgers we like controlling our environments. Narcissistic personality is strongly linked to INTJ. We lack empathy. I also think many INTJ's may prefer the superior rather than the inferior. We are prone to elitism.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts