Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok even tho intjs claim to be logical i think alot of there insights tend to be very intuitive,like hariclutus a very strong intj,speaks about things that makes little sense to the logical mind?,te isnt that logical as its more goal oriented and ni and fi tend to make veyr illogical concepts?

·
Banned
2,152 Posts
TBH, if robots were super mega smart, they would be able to create the chosen feeling in their
circuitry.

Thats like the future of AI. A robot body with 100% control of its own chemical reactions that somehow connects with a robotical circuitry.
Well, OK, I'm sort of on board with this.

IMHO, the best thinker and applied philosopher is Rodney Brooks (I'm not sure if I spelled that right, but I'm pretty sure he's still at MIT, maybe as an emeritus at this point).

The only reason I didn't want to kill that Star War thing that came out is that little Dyson ball droid incorporated some of (I'm just spitballing) Brooks's (yes, that's the correct way) ideas.

Eh, never mind. But, you know, +1 and stuff.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Well, OK, I'm sort of on board with this.

IMHO, the best thinker and applied philosopher is Rodney Brooks (I'm not sure if I spelled that right, but I'm pretty sure he's still at MIT, maybe as an emeritus at this point).

The only reason I didn't want to kill that Star War thing that came out is that little Dyson ball droid incorporated some of (I'm just spitballing) Brooks's (yes, that's the correct way) ideas.

Eh, never mind. But, you know, +1 and stuff.
Im not much for reading books, but i love philosophy so ill check out that rodney dude

and yes, soon the epic star wars saga continues for me as well

·
Banned
2,152 Posts
Im not much for reading books, but i love philosophy so ill check out that rodney dude

and yes, soon the epic star wars saga continues for me as well
Well, RB is a competent pop-sci writer, but he's more a science/engineer dude. It's really more his ideas and executions.

Although I haven't kept up with the state of the art,

Still, he is one of the heavyweights in the room, and he's also right, from what I recall.

I'll EDIT to add that, if you like the ideas angle, RB is not far removed from JJ Gibson's work, and Eleanor Gibson's work in hard-science, hard-kernel psychology. I know, Eleanor, good car, but she developed the famous "put infants [in the sense of infans, without language] on top of plexiglass and see if they instinctually avoid falling into the pit.

At any rate, and this is still the EDIT, JJ Gibson is a profoundly influential thinker in today's practical, scientific field of informational ontology.

FWIW.

·
Plague Doctor
INTJ, 5w4, Ni-T type
6,039 Posts
INTJs tend to be: practical, forward-thinking, efficient, aware of objective truths/facts, etc... They lead with a perceiving (Ni) function which can be hard to translate. Ni can look very illogical, definitely, to those who can't follow the internal models (just like other introverted functions which are usually hidden from the external world).

But the biggest piece of importance is this: EVERYONE is logical - by their own internal framework, that is. No matter how emotional, non-emotional, psychotic, clear-headed, or whatever a person is, they follow some sort of logic. It's just built into the brain to form connections, think fluidly, and organize information around various theories. Of course this excludes those who have suffered brain trauma or who have developmental disorders.

I prefer to use words rational and irrational to describe logic and ... whatever its opposite is.

·
Registered
12,191 Posts
No. They're not. They're insane, and in their insanity believe themselves to be rational. Sad news...

But don't tell them...let them believe as long as they can...it'll all be over soon...

*wipes tear with hankie*

Reactions: naren and VinnieBob

·
exploring space
ENFP
9,465 Posts
INTPs are far more hardcore rationalists than any INTJ can (or cares to) be

ENTJs too.

In INTPs, their Ti rules the roost. In ENTJs, it's their Te. In INTJ's, it's Ni over everything else. So INTPs and ENTJs are more hardcore thinkers than INTJs
Having an INTP boyfriend for almost a decade, an INTJ ex and knowing a couple other INTJs close enough, I have to agree xD
INTJs are softies who wanna be robots cause they are so soft inside they can't handle it. it's just that INTJs are very logically hardcore in following their own personal convictions

·
Registered
ENTJ; 8w7; Persian C
9,448 Posts
ok even tho intjs claim to be logical i think alot of there insights tend to be very intuitive,like hariclutus a very strong intj,speaks about things that makes little sense to the logical mind?,te isnt that logical as its more goal oriented and ni and fi tend to make veyr illogical concepts?
I am more intuitive; than logical (whatever is meant by "logic") here, I suspect you are misuing the word, anyhow. Intuition is met with a hyper-rationality of sort(s), you will see in my daily affairs - followed by a smooth, very smooth ability to reason. Generating high-functioning "intuitive insights," that are relatively reasonable. It is true; I will be going with my intuition over any above [any "formal logic" / making sense of all things] on most affairs. (Ni/Te) is entirely too fast a processing-unit (re: relying on pattern-tracking via factual actuality to form "real-world" correlations - not picking out inconsistencies ad nauseam) to be hyper-logical.

The 'pattern' as follows:

INTP's are logical (&) irrational. - Concerned with truth-telling.

ENTJ are rational; and illogical. - Concerned with fact-making.

ENTP are logical (&) irrational. - Concerned with truth-making.

INTJ are "rational" (&) illogical. - Concerned with fact-telling.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
INTPs are far more hardcore rationalists than any INTJ can (or cares to) be

ENTJs too.

In INTPs, their Ti rules the roost. In ENTJs, it's their Te. In INTJ's, it's Ni over everything else. So INTPs and ENTJs are more hardcore thinkers than INTJs
Yes, being logical is far more of an INTP characteristic; they take great interest in being logical in their thoughts and actions. INTJs care more about validating intuition against empirical reality. Internal logic is not that important. I hadn't thought about ENTJs, but they do often have a systematic quality to their approach that is more like an INTP than an INTJ. It seems to be a thinking-dominant vs. intuitive-dominant thing.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts